Contract ending....Need Advice
My contract ends in September of next year but my nanny family is already actively pursuing preschools. Although they haven't said so, I fully expect to be let go before September if the twins get in. The programs are competitive and they will have to take an in when it comes. I completely understand, although the uncertainty makes me nervous. In the past, families have paid me through our contract date, even if I was no longer needed. We haven't discussed this at all, so I'm not sure if this is something they plan to do. I have been working on my resume and gathering my letters of recommendation so I'm as prepared as possible. What more should I be doing? Should I go ahead and start job searching? They are touring another preschool this evening, which has no wait list. This makes me especially nervous that they plan to let me go soon. I have no almost savings and can not be out of a job more than a week or two.
at 11:17 PM