Notice, The Complexities of
That all being said, my fiancé and I have talked about moving to Oregon for years now. He's been fairly persistent with applying for jobs in that area, but for the most part, there was never a moment where I felt the chances of us abruptly moving were high enough to mention our plans to my bosses.
Which brings us to the present. My fiancé was contacted by a company in Oregon that offered to essentially fly him out and interview him. This coming Monday is the day of the interview, and if he gets the job, we have been lead to believe he'd start this summer.
I know he hasn't locked down the job yet, so nothing is official at this point, but if the company is interested enough to help pay for expenses to interview him, I think he must have a pretty good shot. Not to mention, even if this job doesn't work out, he's even more ready than I am to move, and he's not going to stop applying for jobs up there. It will happen sooner or later.
My question: do I tell my bosses now, as a courtesy, so they at least know that a move is in our plans for the future? Or do I wait until he secures a job, and risk giving them somewhat short notice? What would other nannies do?