Thursday

2015 A Day in the Life, #12

7:00 AM: Arrive at work. Start making breakfast for the 2 children(5&3yrs). Oldest is newly diagnosed as diabetic so weigh out the food.

7:15-7:30 AM: children and parents come downstairs. I say good morning, check 5yr olds BG level and give them their breakfast while parents grab coffee and food for the day. I start unloading and reloading one or both dishwashers while talking with the parents about anything needed for the day etc.

7:30-7:40 AM: Children finish breakfast, clean up dishes and I give the oldest her insulin shot.

7:40-8:00 AM: Bring children upstairs get them dressed, they use the potty, brush teeth, I brush their hair and head back downstairs.

8:00-8:10 AM : Get shoes/coats on, put lunch in child's back pack/ diabetic bag with meter etc in it.

8:15-8:30 AM: Drive to school and wait for teachers to take children inside. Walk back to car and get 3yr old buckled in.

8:45 AM: Arrive home, Grab library books and use potty

8:55 AM: back In the car and drive to music class

9:00-10:00 AM: Sing, dance, play instruments with all the other children and parents/nannies.

10:00-10:20 AM: Say goodbye to friends and back in the car to head to story time.

10:20 - 11:30 AM: Arrive at the library. Return books, listen to stories, do an art project then play with toys and other children. We then help clean up the toys and go pick out new books to check out.

11:30-11:45 AM: Drive home

11:45-12:45PM: Wash hands, use the potty, eat lunch, clean up our dishes and go play a quick game together.

12:45-1:00 PM :Shoes on then drive to school to get oldest.

1:00-1:15 PM: Load kids in the car and drive home.

1:15-1:45 PM: Check Oldest child's BG level, use the potty, brush teeth, listen to stories then down for nap.

1:45-3:20 PM: I do the families laundry, organize the children's toys, pack lunch for the next day for the oldest making sure to label and weigh everything out. I also take a quick break then will check in on items I am selling for the family and see if anyone wants to pick up or meet me on my off time for them.( I do get a small percentage on anything I sell for them. I however don't take most of the time this way I have more "kids cash" to use on outings or whatever we need or want.

3:20-3:55 PM: Wake the children and get oldest ready for dance. Check BG level. Give insulin if to high or juice if to low. If the number is fine we use the potty and get shoes on and out the door we go.

3:55-4:15 PM: Drive to Dance class and get changed into dance shoes.

4:15-5:00PM: Play with youngest while waiting for dance class to be over.

5:00-5:15 PM: Check child's BG level after class, Get shoes back on and back in the car.

5:15-5:30 PM: Drive back home

5:30-6:00 PM: Wash hands, use the potty, have a snack and I start the dishwasher.

6:00-6:30 PM: Play games with the children

6:30-7:00 PM: Showtime for kids. I will go switch laundry over to dryer If needed or fold clothes.

7:00 PM: Parents arrive home. Show gets turned off and I tell them about the day and anything important. I say goodbye to the children and head home.

Live out Nanny in Massachusetts,I work 52 hours a week and make $800 before taxes. I also use my own car for all transportation of the children and am Not given money for gas or repairs on my vehicle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need a raise. I am also a live out nanny in MA. I earn $1200/week for 45 hours.