Thursday

Nanny of the Year, Joanne Barrow 2013

Forbes published an interesting article on the ANA's Nanny of the Year, Joanne Barrow. Follow the links to read more about life as one of America's most highly sought after nannies....My salary went from $40,000 a year to $80,000 after I trained at the butler academy. When I worked for Leon Hirsch, who was the CEO of U.S. Surgical, in Connecticut, he provided me with a five-bedroom house of my own with a vehicle. He had three girls, and my role with them was teaching them etiquette and social skills. I didn’t do any work in the home. I didn’t make a bed or do a piece of laundry. Every night we had a silver service dinner, and I would teach the girls how to behave. I’ve had salaries in excess of $100,000 and bonuses in excess of $30,000. (MORE)

No comments: