Tuesday

Holiday Bonus Survey, Part 2

To read part I of the Holiday Bonus Survey for 2012, click here.

Part II

Bonus this year (2012): So far None but may Change during the week*
Your weekly salary: Varies, around 400*
Any supplementary gifts aside from the Bonus: none*
 Length of time you have worked for the Family: 8 months*
City, State and Country where you live: Denver,CO, USA
A lady I babysit for sporadically throughout the week/month gave me 250 for Christmas, I have known her for 4 years but have worked for her for 8 months also.

* Bonus this year (2012): $350
* Your weekly salary: $384 gross
* Any supplementary gifts aside from the Bonus: a set of handmade
ornaments made by MB
* Length of time you have worked for the Family: 1 year
* City, State and Country where you live: Tulsa, OK, USA
* Additional comments: After working 11+ years in childcare, this is by
far the best job I have ever had.  I always feel appreciated and
valued

Bonus this year:  One week's pay (cash)
Supplementary gift: $100 gift card for my favorite restaurant
Length of time with families: 1 year with one family, 4 months
with the other (share)
Location: San Francisco, Ca.
Comments: It's really nice that they remembered my favorite restaurant

* Bonus this year (2012): Two weeks worth of pay= $900
* Your weekly salary: $450
* Any supplementary gifts aside from the Bonus: $100 Target
Gift Card, $25 Gift Card to a local wine bar, box of candy, framed
picture of my charges and I
* Length of time you have worked for the Family: Since August 2012, so 3.5 months*
City, State and Country where you live: San Diego, CA, United States

* Bonus this year (2012):  random "tips" on payday
* Your weekly salary: $10/ hour= averaging 35 to 45 hours a week
* Any supplementary gifts aside from the Bonus:  I received small gifts throughout the year (lunch, etc)
* Length of time you have worked for the Family: February 2013 will be one year 
* City, State and Country where you live:  Commerce, MI            
* Additional comments:  This has been one of the best families I have
worked with.  I am the girls' first nanny.  I started with the twins
when they were only 2 months old and I plan to stay forever!!!!   

* Bonus this year (2012):   $500
* Your weekly salary:   $570 (net)
* Any supplementary gifts aside from the Bonus:   No
* Length of time you have worked for the Family:    4 months
* City, State and Country where you live:    Seattle, WA
* Additional comments:   I was so surprised, touched, and thrilled by
this bonus! I love working for this family and look forward to coming
in every day.



* Bonus this year (2012):
Family 1: $100
Family 2: $0
* Your weekly salary:
Family 1: average $120 for 10-15 hours per week.
Family 2: $40 for three days of homework help for special needs child.
* Any supplementary gifts aside from the Bonus:
Family 1: $15 gift certificate for family business and a lovely letter.
Family 2: $50 Amazon gift card and a nifty Christmas wall hanging.
* Length of time you have worked for the Family: 5 months for both.
* City, State and Country where you live: Tennessee, USA.
* Additional comments:  Honestly, I wasn't expecting a bonus at all
 from either family -- especially the first family.  It's been a big
transition year for them (Mom went back to work), which means
everyone's under a lot of stress.  Sometimes I don't feel very
appreciated by them, so it was nice to have them show that they care.
 I absolutely adore the second family, but given how few hours I work
for them, I would never have thought they'd give me a gift.

* Bonus this year (2012): $2,000
* Your weekly salary: $750/week plus overtime (52 weeks a year, whether
I'm working or not)
* Any supplementary gifts aside from the Bonus: gold necklace from
Tiffany & Co
* Length of time you have worked for the Family: almost 3 years
* City, State and Country where you live:  Los Angeles
* Additional comments:  I feel so lucky to have a job I love and a
family that truly appreciates me!

3 comments:

MissMannah said...

LOL @ San Diego. $450 x2 is $900, not $9000! My eyes nearly popped out when I saw that one at first.

Snow said...

I assume it was a typo. not an error in math.

Snow said...

If she's making 6 figures. I need to move to San Diego stat!