Thursday

In The News...

Tuesday, July 30, 2009
Boy, 11, Accused of Sexually Assulting Girl, 6 - Texas
An 11-year-old boy stands accused of sexual assault. The victim was a six-year-old girl. The boy has been arrested and charged with sexual assault of a child. He now sits in a juvenile detention facility. Investigators said the boy sexually assaulted the girl while they were watching TV. Police said it happened under a blanket, but it's unclear to detectives if she was lured there.
Social Services Investigation Report

Boy, 7, Takes Car to Avoid Going to Church - Utah
Police in Utah say a 7-year-old boy led officers on a car chase in an effort to avoid going to church. Anderson said two deputies caught up with the boy and tried unsuccessfully to stop the Dodge Intrepid in an area about 45 miles north of Salt Lake City. The car reached 40 mph before the child stopped in a driveway and ran into a home.
Amazing Dashboard Cam of Police Chase

Detailed Update: Starved Children Were in "Living Nightmare" - Texas
The hotel bathroom was a de facto prison cell — a cramped, foul space where three young children were starved, beaten and sexually assaulted for at least nine months. The 10-year-old, his face and limbs covered in bruises, told a social worker that the experience was "my living nightmare." The 11-year-old said she repeatedly was sexually assaulted. The 5-year-old was so thin that bones were visible in his limbs. The mother's boyfriend, Alfred Santiago, 37, faces charges of aggravated sexual assault and continuous sexual abuse. He remained jailed Wednesday, unable to make his $125,000 bail.

6 comments:

CuriousDad said...

#1 Is sad, and show that no one should be without proper supervision and care. I am sorry there should be NO reason for a six year old to share a blanket with an 11 year old even just to watch TV.
Granted now that I have said that, it does get a little problematical if it was in a family setting.
#2 is hilarious. :)
#3 I think I said it before sometimes you just need a lynch mob.

ericsmom said...

#3 is heartbreaking. They were so starved they couldn't even keep food down. And they mentioned how the mom was very obese. So while she was stuffing her face, her children were starving to death.

I hope the kids find a great family to love them! And hopefully receive pyschological help for the rest of their lives.

MinuteMuggle said...

these posts make me so sad. I just have such a hard time believing that someone could let an innocent child go through this. the poor children.

My child is almost three and I still get up in the middle of the night and check to see if she is cold, and just to watch her sleep. I feel the same about my neices and nephews, and about all of the children that I know in my life. How could this happen? The only way I would ever let a child suffer is over my dead body.

Sad to say, I agree with Dad: a lynch mob is in order.

mom said...

Did I read correctly? Is the mom in case #3 not in jail? I hold her AT LEAST (maybe more) responsible than the man in this case...even though he is the apparent only sexual abuser. He is a disgusting sick pig of a thug looking for a victim (lynch mob is definitely in order for him, for the future protection of society)...but the MOM let him use and abuse her children? If your own mom won't bother to protect you, who will?
The world is full of sick pervs, and it is our job as parents to keep our children safe from them...and yet this piece of crap mom served her three innocent babies up as playthings for him?
And I will probably actually throw up if she serves up as her defense that she was "helpless under his abusive control"...unless it turns out that she is in the same sorry condition as her children as a result of all this abuse. But if it is true that she is overfed, while her kids are literally starving, I'll have a really hard time believing she is anything but a vicious monster herself.
If ever there is a case that deserves serious prison time for ALL involved...all who had even the slightest knowledge of what was happening, and yet did nothing...this is definitely it!

I really think parents ought to be held to extra high standards when it comes to child abuse and neglect...not only hold them responsible for what they know is happening (and adding high prison time special circumstances charges in those cases), but hold them responsible for the stupid things they do that any normal human being would know not to do. I mean REALLY hold them responsible, not just slap them on the wrist and then look the other way as we seem to now do.

anon reg said...

I got out of an abusive relationship myself and it was for the sake of my child. the abuse always gets worse. It is very very very hard to leave an abusive situation. In my case, the abuser, my x, was not abusive towards my child, but it is only a matter of time. If things are happening, the child may get in the way accidentally or get hit with an object.

I agree Mom: I don't understand how a woman could put her child at risk. But I will say that if you have not been in an abusive situation, it is very easy to say "get out." It is not that easy in reality. I thank god that I love my child enough to have gotten out. I pray for other women to have the strenght to do the same thing.

that being said, there are plenty of parents who are so far gone that they probably don't care enough about their kids to get out. And that is the saddest thing of all.

LynchMobLeader said...

#3 The "mom" (and I use the term: 'mom' VERY lightly here . . .) hmm, the woman who gave birth to these children (there, better? It's not as if she's raised or nurtured them) states in the article something to the effect of (paraphrasing): "I just knew I had to get out before something BAD HAPPENED." Excuse me while I debate between laughing hysterically (at the irony of this statement) or punching her in the face and starving her for months on end.

BEFORE something bad happened???? Lady, let me starve and abuse you, and then we'll decide if that something bad has ALREADY happened!! GRRR!