Friday

Hudson Heights NYC

Received Friday, July 10, 2009
Good Nanny Sighting I saw your nanny Hudson Heights NYC. Young (early 30’s) AA Nanny, smartly dressed in a green polo and jeans, with short hair and a big smile. In charge of darling baby boy about 4 mo, dark eyes wearing a t-shirt that says “I Might Barf”. Your Nanny is always out and about with your baby around the neighborhood and is very attentive with your child. I saw him laughing hysterically watching the older kids play in the sprinklers at the playground; he was having a ball. And then I saw her again at the church playgroup on Tuesday morning introducing your son to the other nannies/parents and children. She snaps pictures on her phone when he’s being particularly cute and sends them to you via text message. I also heard that she writes down a summary of the days activities for you to read when you come home from your long day of missing your son. She doesn’t watch TV (even though you told her it’s ok) and instead does housework while he’s sleeping (which you didn’t ask her to do). I’m sure that when the families finances improve they will want to give you a raise, and you deserve it.

Ok you got me. I’m talking about our own Nanny. Thank you so much G - you rock!!

11 comments:

Nanny loves what she does said...

Its nice to know that some parents actually show their apprepaite to their nannies. We work lots of hours, being that "other parent", kids, clean, drive, etc. Thank you for a great post. Hopefully more parents will come forward and apprepaite us.

NannyDownSouth said...

I love this post! How awesome that you adore and appreciate your nanny so much. And good for you for at least recognizing that she is not being compensated what she is, according to you, worth, and promising a raise. You sound like SUCH a great employer, I'd be happy to work for someone like you. I hope your nanny reads this blog and sees this. This will be a big pat on the back for her and give her a big self-esteem boost!

mom said...

This is really sweet. Sounds like you have a wonderful nanny!

MaryPoppin'Pills said...

I think this is a first? I love this Post! Thank you for writing in about your fabulous Nanny, OP!

GoodJob! said...

Ha ha, I was going to ask how you knew about all these things and then I saw the comment at the bottom! Nice to know you appreciate your nanny. Wish my employers did....

Christine said...

I would love to see more parents posting things like this about their nanny. Maybe it could become a regular thing.

nannyneedscoffee said...

I love this! It is so nice to see a parent show a public display of gratitude! This nanny is lucky to be working for a great family.

Wicker Park Nanny said...

aww.. this is awesome! *smile*

Manhattan Nanny said...

With all the sad postings we see on here, it is wonderful to read about a nanny who does a great job, and an employer who values her.
OP, thanks for taking the time to post this, and be sure to show it to your nanny. It means a lot to know you are appreciated!

sd said...

This is great! I love this post. I'm sure no nanny is perfect, but to realize that your nanny is doing her best and genuinely loves your child, and appreciating her for that, is the best thing you can do.

Instead of coming on here and nitpicking the couple of things you would do differently if you were here, you come here and celebrate that you found a great nanny. Congrats!

MinuteMuggle said...

how cute! lol
Great post OP! :)