Saturday

Madison Square Park - near the Northwest entrance

Received Saturday, June 6, 2009
nanny sighting logo Physical description of caregiver: Middle-age African-American woman with long dreadlocks, wearing purple boots--these boots might make her easy to identify.
Physical description of involved child/children: Two small children in a double (side-by side) stroller. Both around a year old, maybe twins. White, both had light colored curly hair.
Address or venue of observed incident: Madison Square Park near the Northwest entrance.
Date and time of incident: Thursday, June 4 at 5:45 PM
Detailed description of what you witnessed: As I walked by, I noticed this nanny changing one child's diaper while the other was sitting in the stroller. Nanny had the child across her lap attempting to change the diaper with one hand while barely holding onto the flailing child with the other. Child's head was hanging over nanny's lap and child appeared to nearly fall. Crying the whole time. I decided to turn around and walk by again, this time when I passed nanny was standing several feet away from both children who were sitting in the stroller facing away from her and crying. She was talking to someone on one of those bluetooth earpiece things. The children could not see her, and she was pretty far away.
Description of vehicle, bag, stroller that may aid in identifying involved caregiver: Side-by-side stroller in dark color, possibly charcoal or black. Didn't catch the brand.

I have three photos. One is of the baby on the nanny's lap. If you zoom in you can get a sense of what is happening. The next is a shot of the nanny standing several feet away from the stroller (visible on the right), a pedestrian is seen walking between her and the stroller. The third is a shot of her with the stroller to help with identification. Sorry the shots are so poor, my cellphone camera sucks.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

8 comments:

hahahaha said...

i would fire or shoot the nanny just for those ugly ass boots, ha ha

NannyM said...

Yah, sorry this to me does not look like a bad nanny sighting. Just one who thinks it is more sanitary to change the kid on her lap then on a park bench. I do it all the time to my kids so why cant she? and the walking away from the kids, there is clearly a trash can in that picture. she was probably throwing away the dirty diaper, what did you want her to do leave it on the bench?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
OP said...

Anonymous said...
I think if you're going use the trash can, you can turn the stroller so the crying children can see you and not think that you're just walking away. I have a son about this age, and he is terrified when I am out of his line of vision. She didn't just walk to the trash and drop the diaper in, she stood there talking on her cellphone for a good while.

Jun 6, 2009 7:30:00 PM

Be respectful said...

I don't understand this post and the need to photograph this woman.

dumby said...

And the idiot of the year award goes to .... 1:08 AM

Anonymous said...

I photographed her because she is a careless and cold person being trusted with the care and well being of two small children who cannot speak for themselves. The information I shared wasn't scandalous--I never claimed it was--but I don't think any of us would condone the sort of behavior I witnessed.

Find a safe and stable spot to change the child. If the child is upset, speak to him in a soothing voice and comfort him. Do not walk away from the stroller so that the children cannot see you and hang out talking on the phone.

Original poster said...

I photographed her because she is a careless and cold person being trusted with the care and well being of two small children who cannot speak for themselves. The information I shared wasn't scandalous--I never claimed it was--but I don't think any of us would condone the sort of behavior I witnessed.

Find a safe and stable spot to change the child. If the child is upset, speak to him in a soothing voice and comfort him. Do not walk away from the stroller so that the children cannot see you and hang out talking on the phone.