Sunday

Washington Commons in the West Village - NY

Received Sunday, September 28, 2008.
Good Nanny Sighting I saw your nanny On September 23rd, around two or three p.m.
Nanny was about 5'6", hair up in a ponytail, possibly Caribbean, wearing black slacks, a white blouse and a thin gold/tan scarf over her shoulders. Your six-month-old son, Alex- fair skin, dark hair, brown eyes and very cute dimples- was in a black Bugaboo with a Mommy Hook on the handle. Nanny was sitting a few seats down from me, eating her lunch. I'm a nanny as well and I usually see others ignoring their charges completely as long as they're strapped into a stroller, but your nanny made sure to keep Alex entertained, smiling and laughing the entire time. Nanny eventually answered a phone call, but quickly hung up when he started to seem bored and took him for a quick walk around, then picked him up so he could watch the cars and people going down Washington. He loved it and yelled quite happily for a while, especially when people passed by with dogs. Your son looked over in my direction a few times and was so pleased with himself when I noticed him, and I was happy to see that your nanny also had a smile on her face the entire time. We spoke briefly and I didn't think to ask her name, but I hope someone will recognize this description and let the parents know how attentive and kind their nanny is.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great! I love the good nanny sightings :)!

Anonymous said...

me too! I wish people would post them more often!

kathleencares said...

It's always nice to hear about a good nanny! Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome!!

Unknown said...

It's always nice to read a glowing report about a nanny.

Anonymous said...

well i wish there are more good nannies out there...... thanks for telling about a gud nanny....