Saturday

CL - WTF?

craigs list wtf Saturday, September 27, 2008.
Housekeeper/Nanny Middle village, Queens (Queens)
Hi there, Im a mother of 3 small children 7, 3 1/2 and 2. the two oldest children are in school, so most of you day will be with the two year old. The bus picks up and drops off my 7 year old, You would have to drop off and pick up the 3 year old the school is 1 block away, So im looking for someone to make sure the house is always clean an in order, here are a list of things that would have to be done

Laundry- every Monday and Thursay
fold and put away in proper childs room
vacumme the 3 bedroom- daily
clean the kitchen-daily
clean the bathroom- every tuesday and friday
sweep the floors-daily
mop the floors- monday and wensday and friday
make dinner- daily
Fix beds- daily
windex tvs and dusting- daily
clean the fridge-monday and friday

Im looking for a woman who is as clean or cleaner then me,I have a small place so your day WILL NOT be consumed with just cleaning, I have a beautiful yard that you and the children will go out and play, I always have a packed fridge so you will never go hungry, Im looking for someone who is loving and a good person overall, if you have a small child, im ok with you bringing your baby over, Times are hard and the economy is going threw a slump, so having a job is truly a blessing! hours are Mon,tues,wens,thurs,friday 8am-5pm

The pay is $150 a week
If you dont have papers its ok,
i will consider spanish speaking preferred female 18-60

I work for a cosmectic company so you will get lots of makeup and skincare!! If your a pig in your own home dont apply!! If you hate cleaning dont apply!! if you dont like children dont appy!! Please email me Thanks
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/kid/854835736.html
________________________________________________________

WANTED: In Our Home Childcare For 3 month old (20 min east of Madison)
Looking for someone to care for our 3 month old daughter beginning the end of October full time in our country home. Hours would be ~7:30-5:30 but we are flexible. Compensation would $30/day+ depending on experience. Please e-mail with experience and availability to express interest. We look forward to meeting you!
Original URL: http://madison.craigslist.org/kid/854206271.html
_____________________________________________________

Childcare/Driving Kids To School (Glen Ellyn/IL)
I am searching for a caring and responsible person to watch my two children every weekday from 11:30am-12:45pm. Duties include driving one child to afternoon kindergarten daily and one child to preschool on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Both locations are within 10 minutes of our house. Previous childcare experience is a MUST; please send any questions via email. Compensation is $10/day, paid weekly. No pay for days not worked.
Original URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/kid/854283306.html
_______________________________________________________

Looking for babysitter 11am-1pm MWF (Pointe-Claire)
Hi, I have a 15mo boy and I need someone 3 days a week from 11-1. I can pay 30. a week.
Original URL: http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/kid/845456662.html
_______________________________________________________

Nanny Needed ASAP (Buckhead/Brookhaven)
I posted a listing on Thursday but wasn't getting the proper responses and it became difficult to weed out the kind of people I am looking for, so I am trying again. I need a nanny ASAP. Preferably by Monday. If you can't start Monday, skip this ad. Next, I need someone with infant experience. That's a must, as my former nanny (to my dismay and horror) could not make a bottle. I am a little scarred by that. She was nice, she was caring, she cleaned REALLY well (I liked that), but she was incompetent. Competence is a must. I don't like to tell my nanny the obvious. I'd like for her to be hands-on. I don't want someone who will stick my child in the crib and let her cry (my nanny did that too, but her excuse is that she was vacuuming). I expect housework, but I expect it to be done while the baby sleeps (that's about 4 hours a day--not an unreasonable request if you ask me). I don't want my nanny to chat on the phone or watch tv while my baby is awake (if she is sleeping, knock yourself out). Lastly, I pay $400 a week for the following hours 7:30a.m.-4:30p.m. You'd only be responsible for an 8 month-old infant who sleeps for 4+ hours a day. If you are looking for $12-15 an hour, you can skip this ad too. While I'd love to be able to pay that, I am not made of money. If you fit this description, email me your resume WITH REFERENCES. I need contact info of the most recent CHILDCARE positions you held. While I am sure your friends are lovely people, I don't really want to talk to them. Thanks.
Original URL: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/kid/857561442.html
______________________________________________

I NEED CHILDCARE ASAP (Bronx)
I NEED CHILDCARE FOR MY ONE YEAR OLD DAUGHTER IN MY HOME ASAP. I NEED SOMEONE WHO CAN BE AT MY HOUSE 6:30 TO 7:30 AM IN THE MORNING AND CAN WORK TILL 4 PM, MONDAY THRU FRIDAY. THE JOB PAYS 180 DOLLARS A WEEK. PLEASE EMAIL ME AND I WILL RESPOND IN A TIMELY MANNER. PLEASE LIST INFORMATION ABOUT YOURSELF AND INCLUDE REFERENCES. THANK YOU.
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/kid/858208802.html
______________________________________________________

Part-Time Live In Nanny Needed (South Fulton)
Wanted Attractive Spanish Speaking Nanny (PT)- Well established professional couple looking for a live in Part time Nanny/Housekeeper needed to help care for a young school aged child and general housekeeping. Will provide room & board plus a weekly stipend. Must be Single with no children. Must be open minded to all adult things.
Original URL: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/kid/856734341.html
____________________________________________________

The Following Ads Are Nannies Looking For Positions:

Short term mother's helper (Hillsboro)
Looking for an extra pair of hands during the week?
I am 27 years old, a homeschool graduate, and love kids without question, hands down. I am the oldest of 5 siblings, the youngest now being 12. I have no formal education in child care, other than 15 years of ministry and practical experience with all ages and in all situations, including autistic children. I've done evening babysitting jobs, weekend, week long, and have had a full-time nanny position for a couple months. Age range of child cared for is newborns to pre-teen and beyond. At one point, I was certified in CPR and First-Aid. I love housework -- not too fond of ironing, however -- and cooking. In short, being a mother's helper is exactly the type of job I would love and thrive in. I love families and I love to support stay at home mothers.

Beyond children I love photography, reading, jogging and traveling. I love to laugh and enjoy life to the fullest! I am a Christian, faithfully attending a church in our area with my family. I realize

I'm a near 2 hour drive from the Madison area, but am willing to do so, as long as payment covers at least gas expenses. Also, a 2-3 day stay in a row would be most appreciated. Available until mid-November.
Original URL: http://madison.craigslist.org/kid/856604427.html
_______________________________________

Babysitting for $15 per day in my home and errands (Bronx area)
hi my name is cristal,i live in the 10469 on bronxwood ave area,if you are interested in having me babysitting for you it will be only $15 per day for kids 5yrs and older,only accepting kids starting at ONE YEARS you will need to provide all the necessities for your child,my hours will be from 7am-6pm mon-fri,i also have a 9 mths old son who would need a playmate,also my husband is a ACS provider,if interested call 718255****,thank you.
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/kid/856668095.html
________________________________________________________
Special Thanks to MissDee, NorthJerseyNanny and others. If you would like us to post your Ad, please don't forget to include the URL.
Email Jane to add your Submission to next week's post.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

That one was scary! Looking for an attractive female nanny. And must be open to adult things!! Sounds like they want a sex slave too

Anonymous said...

1. First poster needs to go back to school
2. South Fulton ad-I'm pretty sure they are just looking for a sex slave. Attractive and open minded to adult things...hmmm...sounds fishy.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my, I LOVE these. The first lady sounds like an ass. Hire a housekeeper and, please, if you are going to be condescending in a post, use spell check. Half of these Craigslist posts are made so much worse because the people writing them think that they're better than everyone, but are never spell-checked. What a way to make yourself look like an ass. :)
And her pay was laugable! Roughly $3/ hour to cook, clean and take care of the kids? Ha!

The one with $30/ day for 10 hours of care with a newborn was also laugable. It seems like $3/ hour is the common theme among these threads. That's less than half of minimum wage.

The Nanny Needed ASAP lady sounds like a whack job. Her previous nanny didn't know how to make a bottle? Or did she not know how to make a bottle to YOUR standards? She sounds like a B*tch to work for. It's also not really awful to let a baby cry for 5-10 minutes while you're vacuuming. You actually expect her to vacuum while the baby is sleeping? Won't that wake the baby up?

Regarding this post as well, I HATE when parents say that they're paying less because the child is sleeping a lot. That may be, but it's not like the nanny can leave or just do their own thing. When I was a nanny and now that I'm a mom, it takes me the entire nap period to clean up from the pre-nap activities and get ready for post-nap. In a two-hour period I had/ have MAYBE 30 minutes to relax. Her overall tone was just fairly rude and "I know that I'm better than you." I wonder who she will find to meet her requirements.

Overall good finds this time around!

Anonymous said...

laughable

spell check indeed

Anonymous said...

Well said, fisherman's wife

Anonymous said...

South Fulton looks like they are looking for a live-in sex slave, oh, and you can take care of the kids. Wouldn't want anybody in my home who's willing to 'do' both! The other ads are laughable at the pay they offer to care for their children.

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with the short term mother's helper ad?

Anonymous said...

I pay $150 a week for a licensed in home provider who has an assistant and 10 other kids. She is amazing, but if I wanted her one-on-one for my child, I guarantee you it would be a lot more. Who can live on $150 a week if you only have that one child and that one job??? Even a live in with room and board probably couldn't do it. The cell phone, car, insurance and gas would be it.. Ridiculous. IF that's all you can aford, use a group family daycare like I do. Plus, I only work 3 days a week, and pay her for the whole wee slot (she's full time only) because she is sooooo great. So, I "waste" $60 a week just to give him a great environment when he's not with me.

Anonymous said...

Faith

"I'm a near 2 hour drive from the Madison area, but am willing to do so, as long as payment covers at least gas expenses."

seems some people also don't mind doing free childcare!

Anonymous said...

Oh I read it as payment would include her gas expenses... guess I read it wrong.

Anonymous said...

cheap parents..i am so sick of this

Anonymous said...

upstate mom,

so it sounds to me as if it is not a "waste." right? also, you are still entitled to a full week of childcare, correct? it is your choice that you wish to only use three days. you make it sound as if you are doing her a favor for paying her for the full week.

Don't get me wrong, it's great that you are giving kudos to your childcare provider, but it still sounds to me as if you are looking for a way to pat yourself on the back for being so generous to her.
That is a great deal you are getting. You sound like the lucky one, not your childcare provider.

paperbagprincess said...

oooooh these ads make me so mad. How about that 10/day one? I hope those parents are inundated with livid email...It is like they have no respect for care providers and their time.

Anonymous said...

Somebody should start actually responding/meeting some of these freaks and post it online.

Actually, maybe not... the sex slave one is scary!

Anonymous said...

d. I didn't think upstate mom's post came off as a pat on the back for herself at all. To me it sounded as if she was genuinely applauding her provider, and making an example of that to compare with induvidual care cost. ??
Also maybe she doesn't take the full week in which she is entitled so that she can be a mom too?? She's not patting herself on the back there, she's saying that she's willing to pay full week rates for half week care b/c that provider is worth it.
BTW $150/wk for full time in home daycare is the going rate in smaller communities, and even here in the suburbs of DC. What about that deal isn't mutual? Even extra fair to the provider when that is her full time rate, but she is only providing part time care?

Anonymous said...

housekeeper/nanny on in queens-sounds like a good job if the pay was more. She sounds like she is just ignorant to how much a nanny should be getting. people can overlook that sometimes, if not too much.

country home one-30 bucks a day is outrageous.

Childcare/driving kids to school-I don't see how this one is that bad, its only an hour and 15 minutes of work each day anyway. thats around 10 bucks an hour. could be worse.

the pointe-clarie one-maybe 30 a day would be fair, 10 per hour worked, but weekly? really?!?

the "nanny needed asap"-she sounds like a huge 13itch. Poor kids.

the south fulton one-what the hell are they looking for!?!?!

the mother helper's one-this one doesn't seem that bad, the 2 hour drive thing...she says "as long as payment covers AT LEAST gas expenses". Maybe she just wants the experience of being a nanny so she can get a better job in the future?? or maybe she's hoping that the family will cover the expenses on top of her pay.

babysitting for 15$ per day-um not sure why ppl find this okay to only get 15 for them, but its their own choice right???

paperbagprincess said...

Personally, I think the going rate for childcare providers needs to be driven up *considerably*, and the government needs to step in to subsidize it *considerably*, and make it affordable/accessible for all families. When the going rate for providing care is so low, what message does this send about its value in this society? The government likes to give lip service to parenting and care giving (especially MOTHERING) and how it is the most 'important' job, but in this social structure status = money. If it is the most important job why should a shopkeeper make more? Why should a lawyer? They bank on the altrusim of this female-dominated field. It is yet another why to give women the short end of the economic stick and it stinks!! Argh, it is the main reason these ads make me soooooo mad!!!

I really need to try and appreciate these ads for their comedic value...instead of letting them unleash the furies in me so much...

Anonymous said...

I love jason-

"Childcare/driving kids to school-I don't see how this one is that bad, its only an hour and 15 minutes of work each day anyway. thats around 10 bucks an hour. could be worse."


Yeah, um, did you figure in what it'll cost you to get there in gas, take the kids to school, then go back and pick them up, then go home?? That job is COSTING you money! It's one of the worst ones up there!

Anonymous said...

dcmetnanny:

Thanks for helping to clarify my intent....I was trying to compare group rates with private rates, not seek approval from others. I would rather be a mom than send my kid to daycare when I don't work just to make the extra pay worthwhile. That's why I went to part-time in the first place...to be a I put "waste" in quotes to show it wasn't a waste. Sorry D. didnt' get it, but asking for clarification is always a plus.

As I said earlier....who can live on only $150 a week?

Mich said...

Have some of the comments gone missing? I know that I made a comment on this thread before and another poster responded. I saw the comments before dinner and now can't seem to find them here.

Kelsey said...

wow these are just sad. $30 a week for three days a week?
Yeah right.
Seriously why would someone even think that someone would apply for these jobs?
Also the mom basically looking for a housekeeper to keep an eye on her kid really pisses me off.

Anonymous said...

The $30/wk one is for 6 hours of work, so $5/hr. Unreasonably low, but nowhere neart as bad as some we've seen here.

Anonymous said...

well i must say that the price is too low and cali mom is right this is unreasonably low...