Saturday

Near Shepton HS and Huffman Elementary in West Plano, TX

Received Saturday, March 15, 2008
nanny sighting logo On Friday March 14th 2008 around 12:00 pm I witnessed a nanny that makes the rest of us Nannies look horrid. I was at the park near Shepton HS and Huffman Elementary,off Plano parkway in West Plano TX, with my charge when I saw a little girl all alone on the playground. The girl had blonde hair and was wearing red pants and pink Crocs. There were teenagers swinging nearby but I knew she didn't belong to them off to the other side of the park about 100-200 ft. there was a young Hispanic woman wearing a gray sweatshirt and an older Hispanic man that when it dawned on me that the little girl must be this woman's charge. My biggest problem was that this woman wasn't paying attention to her charge and the little girl was only about 1. You cannot leave your charge alone like that that's horrible and irresponsible.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you phoned the police immediately to report this apparently abandoned baby, right? You assume the teens aren't with her, and you assume the hispanic woman (standing half a football field away from the child) must be her nanny...but could you know for certain...? Please tell us what YOU did about this situation!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but I felt the same way when I read this.

Did you take the little girl's hand and walk her over and ask if maybe she belonged to that Nanny?

I hate to think you left the little (1 y.o.) girl standing alone like that.

Anonymous said...

Sorry OP, I usually don't 'go here', but I have to agree with the others! What if that wasn't her nanny? There are just too many "what if's" here. I can't imagine leaving a baby in a park, after assuming there was someone there to attend to her. This posting is just scary!