Dover student treated for staph infection; district schools cleaned
MRSA Staph Concerns Grows in New York 10/28
We need all hands on deck" to fight the antibiotic-resistant "superbug," NY Sen. Charles Schumer said Sunday as he called for a nationwide system to track MRSA cases. MRSA was blamed for the death of 12-year-old Omar Rivera of Brooklyn earlier this month.
Newark school disinfected after case of MRSA 10/28
Cleaning crews scrubbed doors, tables and walls today at Newark's Roberto Clemente Elementary School after a security guard tested positive for the antibiotic-resistant infection known as MRSA.
Colorado High School Scrubbed After Staph Diagnosis
Montrose High School was scrubbed down over the weekend after a student was diagnosed with an antibiotic-resistant staph infection.
- Hand washing best for protection against MRSA
- MRSA in Schools-How to Protect Your Child
- As many as one-third of Americans may carry the MRSA bacterium
- What is MRSA?
- MRSA on CNN October 20, 2007
- Center for Disease Controls Information and Posters
MRSA PHOTOS (Not Pretty)