Wednesday

Harbor Island Park Mamaroneck NY

Received Wednesday, September 26, 2007
This sighting is for 9/24 and 9/25. On these two days I have seen a little girl named Alice who is probably no more than 3 with sandy brown hair cut into a bob with her sitter. The sitter is an attractive African American woman who today was wearing an orange shirt with dark denim jeans and hair pulled tight against her head with her hair ending in a large pouf at the back. Alice was with her older sister today. Now I am a sitter and at this park you need to constantly watch your children and it's hard to sit in one place and know where they are at all times plus there is a VERY busy parking area. Yesterday Alice was wandering around by the swings and by the other large bowl shaped swings aimlessly, No one came to help her or swing her and today she was in the care of her older sister. The sitter sits on a bench somewhere and talks either on the phone or with two other sitters, one with a small baby in a carriage. She pays NO attention to Alice or where she is most of the time, and bellows her name when she wants to find her or to tell her it's time to go. I hate seeing this kind of thing, it gives all sitters a bad name. Who knows if Alice's mom will ever see this but it's the second time I've witnessed this and I think it is common practice.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

you need pay attention to your kids and not some one else

Anonymous said...

826-
You need to learn the English.

Wake up- it's no longer a free ride for you nannies. No more coasting on fumes. Shopping and gabbing all day. It's time to step up or start honing your fry cook skills.

Anonymous said...

I pay very close attention to my kids, thanks.

Anonymous said...

It's great that this OP is posting about another nanny who she seems isn't doing her job. I would want to know if it was my nanny.
FYI. I was a nanny in NY.

Anonymous said...

I need to learn the English? What kind of saying is that. Okay I just read what I wrote above (8:26).
I did make some mistakes, I was tired from a long beautiful day out with my son.

Anonymous said...

So what you were a nanny in NY do you think your special? I was a nanny in Orange County, California. Does that mean anything??

Why, I'm Jenisis, of course said...

Is everyone PMS'ing,LOL?
The air is majorly charged around here, and in another Wed. post,wow.

Anonymous said...

I second the OP. Lazy negligent nannies give us all a bad name. I would like to see all these fake nannies fired, and replaced with professional nannies, who are paid on the books, and consider child care a career, not a job.
A Nanny

Anonymous said...

Most people don't want a "professional" nanny, they want the cheapest nanny they can find who they figure probably won't beat their kid. This "bad" nanny is mostly the rule, not the exception.

Anonymous said...

Someone should know a little girl named Alice who goes to that park.
I hope her parents catch wind of this so they can do some checking up on their nanny when she isn't expecting it.

Anonymous said...

Come on, I use to be a nanny not anymore. I was great with the kids, etc. But I wasn't treated like a professional. They never wanted to pay me on the books. It was always lets keep it under the radar. So I had to dish out for my own taxes, etc. I asked about helping with health insurance, maybe to split it. No, "we are not offering to help with that", is all they could say. And they tried to undermine me all the time. They always compared me to their former wonderful nanny. The kids were bratty to me. We don't have to listen to you, your not our mom. I got tired of hearing all the time: oh your just the nanny,or are you going to look for a real job when your done working there. Its sad, people seem to put you in a bad light when you tell them what you do. All I have to say being a nanny was the worst choice I made. Thank god I woke up, and now have a great job.

Anonymous said...

Well, I am glad that you are are happy with your new job, but being a nanny is a real job and a tough one at that. Good nannies truly make the world a better place. And I am not even a nanny.