Sunday

Fellger Park in Chicago, Illinois

Received Sunday, September 30, 2007
I just noticed that my original email got bounced back to me so I am resending it. This lastedt bad nanny incident took place on Thursday, September 27. Your little boy's name is Charlie. He's a beautiful little boy, with long eyelashes and brown hair. He's very sweet. Your nanny is a lovely blond woman from an Eastern European country - she's very thin. You probably live in Roscoe Village or Hamlin Park, because your nanny takes Charlie to Fellger Park. Charlie looks to be around 2 years old? I haven't seen your nanny outright mistreat him, but she talks on her cell phone and ignores him. Today, he couldn't find her, and he sat on the ground sobbing. He eventually sat with me and my kids, shared our snack, and played with us for a good half-hour or more until some other concerned nannies went in search of yours. When they finally found her, she came over and asked, "What's the problem, Charlie?" in an exasperated tone. I could have easily walked away with him, and she wouldn't have noticed he was gone for a long, long time. Tell her to trail along behind him at the park - she can still talk on the phone, but at least he'll be safer.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you contact the police? it seems this child had no authorized supervision.
At least you made certain that he was safe in the meantime.

Anonymous said...

I think there should be a new rule, if after 10 minutes no one shows up for a child, then call the police, this is getting out of control. I know what its like to not be able to find a child, when you've got 2 of them running around in different directions, its always difficult to keep track, but if after a minute I can't find one, you better believe i'm screaming their name. these so called nannies don't seem to have a care in the world about loosing thier charge, so why should we care if they loose their job. 10 minutes people, after that, call 911.

Anonymous said...

CALL THE POLICE.

Anonymous said...

I am the 1:32 that said "CALL THE POLICE." Nanny B's comment was not there when I made mine, but if you see this kid again, without his nanny, do not even wait 2 minutes to call the police. Just call them right away.

Please, can you also find out where he lives and contact his parents. This is cruel and torturous for a child. You have the power to help him. Please do it. Thank you.

Why, I'm Jenisis, of course said...

Is this a joke? Nannies actually do this es, next time, pease call the police, this is ridiculous.

Why, I'm Jenisis, of course said...

Sorry for the typos, typing w/8 fingers today.

Anonymous said...

10 minutes is too long for a child be alone. Once I was able to establish the nanny was not within sight, I woulc have been on the phone.

Anonymous said...

A half hour? I think you should have called the police. You also have to be very careful sharing snacks. You never know with so many allergies these days.

Anonymous said...

OP, you sound kind and I know you meant well, but one should never offer food or drink to a child without asking his parent/care giver.

Nanny B, I'm with you on the 10 minute rule. These negligent nannies have to be exposed!
NYC Nanny

Anonymous said...

wow. i am so astounded. my nanny brings my dd's to fellger everyday. i hope charlie's mom reads this. can you also post to urban baby and npn to get the word out? tia