Monday

Downtown Pittsburgh, PA (6th. and Grant)

Received Monday, September 17, 2007
When: Today, ( 9/17)
Child: Spanish/Latin, female Dark brown hair, about two years of age, wore a winnie the pooh sweater with the ears on the hood.
Nanny: White female, 20s, blonde hair, tight faded jeans and a black hoodie.
This morning was fairly cool here in Pittsburgh (49 degrees when I left the house) and as I was arriving at work this morning I saw the nanny pushing the little girl in a stroller. She was busying talking on her cell phone when the little girl, playing with her shoe, leaned forward and fell out of the stroller. She was not buckled in. The little girl began to cry and the nanny yelled at her to get up but did not help the little girl up just continued to talk on her cell phone. I was across the street and when I crossed the street to where the little girl was (my job is located on that side of the street) I helped the little girl up to her feet and only then did the nanny start to brush off the debris from the little. I told her she should be more careful when she has her on the stroller, she made some excuse about the little girl not sitting still. Also the little girl was wearing shorts which I thought was inappropriate considering the cool weather but that could have been a parental decision.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Too many people just watch and don't help. I'm glad to hear you helped that little girl.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you helped her. The nanny seems to be very cold. If my son falls I would automatically pick him up. Drop the phone and take care of the kids. It seems her call was more important than this child

Anonymous said...

Finally! An OP who did something!