Friday

Panhandle Playground in San Francisco, CA

Received Friday, August 31, 2007
This occurred Wednesday August 29th.
Nanny: Caucasian, big gold earrings, brown hair with big curls.
Child: 4-6 year old boy, Caucasian, blond curly hair, quite and well behaved.
Nanny lounged in the white/tan stroller talking on her pink phone while boy played. Then, when the boy came over, he waited quietly for her. The nanny didn't engage with him at all. When he finally said politely "I'm hungry" she simply got up and moved 20 feet away so she could continue talking on the phone. I could hear that she was simply bitching on the phone about the child. She must have been on the phone for at least 30 minutes - with complete disinterest in the child. She finally got off the phone when she saw me pointing her out to my friend.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

She was sitting IN the stroller? Weird.

Anonymous said...

She knew she was wrong, because when you pointed to her she got up. Lazy nanny

Anonymous said...

wow I really hope this boy's parents see this post, that is horrible.

Anonymous said...

Ha!

Anonymous said...

I have seen plenty of nannies sitting in the strollers, also seen some moms. Its wrong on all ends

Anonymous said...

I was 358 and I seriously thought the sitting in the stroller thing was a typo!

I have never seen this and have certainly even thought about doing it. That's too funny. And disturbing.

Anonymous said...

I wrote this post. Honestly, I wasn't bothered that she was in the stroller instead of on a bench. What was disturbing was her complete lack of attention and engagement with the boy.

Anonymous said...

515....well, duh! The stroller thing OBVIOUSLY wasnt the point of the post, but it was still weird.

Anonymous said...

I don't think the problem was that she was in the stroller and not playing with him. It was that she was bitching about him and ignoring him. (The boy I was a nanny for sometimes told me not to play, he was a big boy. I got crap for sitting down instead of playing with when it was what he wanted.)

Anonymous said...

The creepiest things happen at this park. I lived about 8 minutes from there for 9 years.

Anonymous said...

I can see how it would be hard to be engaging the boy 24/7, but my own 3-year-old demands constant supervision lest he run off into traffic or the like.

You're being paid to care for the child. Please do so!

Anonymous said...

maybe it was an imporatant call?