Saturday

Michael's Art Store in Reno, Nevada

Received Saturday, August 4, 2007
Great nanny sighting in Reno, Nevada. This occurred on Friday 08/03/07.
Nanny: Brown Hair, 5'5", Lip Ring, Blue jeans and T-shirt.
Child: Girl about 2 years old, blonde hair, coral colored outfit, she had leg braces. The little girl had these leg braces on and was walking with her nanny inside the store.
They were stopping to look at the clearance stuff and the little girl kept say "pick me up" and the nanny would distract her to get her to keep walking. It was interesting to watch these two because there was obviously something wrong with the little girls legs because she couldn't walk on her own and the nanny would constantly act so enthusiastic to keep this little girl from giving up. Not to mention this little girl was so smart... she was looking at these pictures and saying the artist that painted them. I kid you not it was amazing, she was standing there on holding on to the rack and the nanny would say "how do you like this picture" the little girls would say "I like Andy Warhol"... It really was an Andy Warhol! I was stunned! I'm glad to see that this nanny was really interested in helping this girl walk and you could tell that this was important to her. When you see something like this as a parent, it gives you hope that their are actually people out there that can love your children as much as you do.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you teach a child to realize an artist's painting??? I'm in aawww and totally curious... pretty impressive and WOW that nanny must be the most patient person ever to teach stuff like that to a 2 year old :)

Anonymous said...

Heartwarming sighting. Thanks

Anonymous said...

I love that people are starting to post in the Reno area. I am a mom and I have a nanny and it's interesting to read about stuff in my area. 2 out of the 3 postings for Reno have been good so I think we are headed in the right direction... I always have thought Reno was such a wonderful place :)

Anonymous said...

This makes me happy. I love hearing about good nannies (it so rarely happens on this site).

Anonymous said...

OMG... That's got to be Renee and Catalina... no doubt! Cat has lepord print leg braces and Renee has a lip ring! This is to funny because Catalina goes to the art muesem like once a week hints the reason she knows paintings. She really is the smartest kid and Renee really is absoluly in love with that kid!

xoxo Nanny J

Anonymous said...

Awww, Nanny J I hope you tell her next time you see her that you saw such a positive and heart warming entry in a blog about her!

Anonymous said...

postiing test...having errors...

Anonymous said...

Though this nanny seems to be nice to her charge, I assure you that I would never allow someone with a lip ring to be near my dd.

Unknown said...

Wow, I am so glad for Catalina that HER parents were open-minded enough to see what a great nanny Renee is (despite her piercing). There are so many things in this world that negatively influence our children, that I hardly think someone's personal form of self-expression (as minor as a lip piercing) would be the worst we can think of. Heck- for all we know, Cat's parents are mulit-pierced/tattoed people themselves. Seems to me the IMPORTANT thing here is how the child interacts and learns...not whether the nanny has a piercing....

UmassSlytherin said...

I don't think I'd have a problem with a nanny with a lip piercing. That's not that freaking bad. I mean, if they looked like Dee Snider in Strangeland, that would be something to discuss. But a lip piercing here, a tatoo there. Not a very big deal to me.