Monday

Dunkin Donuts on Broadway and Thomas in NYC

Received Monday, August 27, 2007
I saw your nanny at Dunkin Donuts on Broadway and Thomas Street. She was tall, with tanned skin and was wearing a felt or velvet cheap looking tank top with a star cut out in the middle of the neck line. I was staring at her trying to realise if that was skin I was seeing or some sort of fabric backing. She had on tight jeans and a belt. She had a little girl with her who was about 4. Long hair, very pretty face, blue eyes. Her hair was brownish/blonde and she had on a tank top with little valentine looking hearts on it. The nanny was placing her order while the child twirled around and touched things in the store. She was very well behaved. Waited for the nanny to fix up her coffee. When the nanny was ready to go, she came up behind the child and tugged on her hair twice. As in "yanked". The girl reached up and held her head. She didn't cry. She just had a sad and embarrassed look on her face. I hope your ridiculous choice for a nanny enjoys her coffee coolatta.
Update from OP, 8/28/07/9:45 PM:
She was not misbehaving. She was just slightly twirling. In a crowded coffee shop. The nanny waited in a long line never once looking at her or interacting with her even though the little girl was waiting by the exit to a very busy street. The little girl's back was turned when the nanny was finally ready to go and rather than call out her name or even say, "let's go", the nanny reached over and yanked her hair. Twice. In retrospect, I should have just threw my hot coffee in her face. I didn't mean to say she touched things in the store. She didn't touch things in the store. Which is unusual for a girl so young to keep herself so well occupied and not disturb any patrons or God forbid her beast like nanny. Next time, I'm just going to take out the nanny. I'm not the writer type and I can't take people excusing the way children are mistreated. Next time you hear from me, it will be I saw this woman kicking your nanny's ass.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

pulling a child's hair in public. probably a warning sign that the nanny isn't that nice when she has the child ALONE at home.

Anonymous said...

...and you know this was a Nanny instead of the childrens' mother...how?

Anonymous said...

Hey lets ask for surveillance video!

Dunkin Donuts
250 Broadway
New York, NY
(212) 240-1287

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Kelly, and while you're at it, lets get some DNA and some fingerprinting too. A crime this heinous shouldn't go unpunished, I'm thinking 10-12 in Federal Prison.

Anonymous said...

OMG...if a pull on the pigtail is a crime,someone please call CPS on me right now!

Anonymous said...

I think sitings like this suck. I would be so sad if I knew that my daughter had her hair pulled by the babysitter. Why are you making fun of it? It's not funny at all.

Anonymous said...

Agreed PP. How many of you enjoy it when someone much bigger than you pulls on your hair in public? You would probably not stand for it, I assume? Why is it OK to do this to a child? She is not an out of control animal that must be subdued, for crapsakes.

Anonymous said...

659,
why would you be pulling a child's hair? are you an ignoramus. please your words. read a book. learn about the powers of consistent discipline. you know, so your child doesn't grow up and become a serial killer (or an obnoxious, anonymous blog commenter).

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is astounding and laughable. If a tug on a ponytail normally turned people into serial killers, we'd have none of our current worries about population growth.

Then again, if the warning signs of turning into a serial killer are calling people ignoramuses and making other obnoxious posts, on blogs, I guess we know that Viv was follically traumatized and is travelling down that path to darkness.

Anonymous said...

hair pullers are one step down from spitters and biters. is that you too cali mom? most hair pullers i know have short, pixie cuts and had mothers that didnt allow them to grow their hair long.
is that you cali mom?

Anonymous said...

OP, how do you know my tank top was cheap, Bitch?! Mind your own business!

Anonymous said...

Well, 6:03 ("Viv"), I must say you are really a sad case. Not sure what your parents did to you as a child (or did you ever meet them?) but the results are obvious. While it is really sort of cute and flattering, albeit in a totally pathetic way, to see how your life revolves around seeing my name and spewing little hairballs at it all over this blog, I must say, your obsession with me is not reciprocated. I actually am finding you really boring and mildly repulsive, so I'll just give you 2 little bits of advice and then not flatter you any further with any responses to your snide little OT rants. Yes, I know you think you're anonymous but there's one like you on every board.

1, get some help with anger management. 2, pay your husband to give you a decent f*ck every once in a while. You might find yourself feeling a bit less miserable, but I doubt it.

Now back to the regularly scheduled programming.

Anonymous said...

6:03. I think you win this round. You tired, albeit not even very hard, to get Cali Mom worked up and you nailed it! Cali Mom went off like a Roman Candle therefore making herself look like an even bigger nutcuse.

Score: 6:03 1
Cali Mom 0

Anonymous said...

Cali mom:
Whats with the slam at adoptees? That is downright cruel.
NP

Anonymous said...

I love how Cali Mom says she finds the commenter boring and a little repulsive so she must give them some advice as if this blog is all about her!

Get over yourself,Cali Mom!

Anonymous said...

Cali Mom I can also tell you that 6:03 is not the only one that finds you ridiculous. I, for instance, am not 6:03 and I can assure you several other commenters are not either. Don't flatter yourself into thinking you are only lacking one fan!

Anonymous said...

I think this is a personal issue "anonymous" & other(s). I feel even worse for the child now... Here's the best scenario of all: How about you put down that latte & raise YOUR CHILD. (minus the nanny)

BTW... I'm not wealthy when it comes to money...but I am blessed more than you will ever be when it comes to the love I receive from my child (and all the unspoken rewards that come with it).

Definition of (PARENT):
1. To bring up to maturity, as young; to educate; to instruct; to foster; love with guidence
2. To act as a parent to; raise and nurture: “A genitor who does not parent the child is not its parent” (Ashley Montagu).

Anonymous said...

How I would love to tatoo that quote on the foreheads of several detatched, quite likely mentally ill mothers in NYC.
There is nothing cool about being a vacant parent/ soulless beeing.
Ashley Montagu is a GOD.

Anonymous said...

A little strong, Sydney but I am so happy to see you & 1234 reognize him for the genius he was.

Anonymous said...

"Read This"? Again... This is obviously a personal issue... No, you don't know me... No, I'm not part of this stream other than my previous comment... But please, keep telling yourself that no one else is paying attention.

Come on... Let the words sink in...

Definition of (PARENT):

1. To bring up to maturity, as young; to educate; to instruct; to foster; love with guidence

2. To act as a parent to; raise and nurture: “A genitor who does not parent the child is not its parent”

Anonymous said...

12:34, you said it Sister!

It's obvious that some posters on here could learn a lot from their children. And find a useful purpose to their lives for once too.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you are saying that into a mirror, Cali Mom.

kat_cafe said...

It is one of the largest coffee and baked goods chains in the world,
with more than 12,000 restaurants in 36 countries.
The chain’s products include doughnuts, bagels, other baked goods,
and a variety of hot and iced beverag
https://telldunkin.online/

dunkin donut's survey