Sunday

Sunday, May 6, 2007

You see the magazine illustration: two women glaring at each other, about to take a swing with their satchels - one a briefcase, the other a diaper bag. And you know what's coming: another "Mommy Wars" story, a juicy tale of mothers who work and moms who stay home, dissing each other on playgrounds and in school parking lots with junior-high-level bile..... Click here to continue reading Don't Believe The Hype About Mommy Wars-MEDIA PROFIT BY FANNING IMAGINARY FLAMES.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so true!

Anonymous said...

Well, there has been a lot of antagonism between SAHMs and WOHMs on this site. Why do these moms need to attack women who have made different choices? My guess is they are not really happy with their own lives, and are trying to convince themselves they made the right choice.

Anonymous said...

On this board or on every board? I think the article is wrong. It's like a cloraseptic throat lozenge we are being asked to suck on so we are numbed to the scorn we have received or the lashings we have delivered on this very subject.

The flames aren't imaginary.

Unknown said...

I have been both in my life, a stay at homer and a working mom. In truth, I was a better mom when I didn't work, devoting my time and energy to my children exclusively. However, not all moms are afforded the privilege of being a stay at home moms. I think all mothers should strive to be the best moms they can whatever their circumstances may be. There will always be regrets no matter what, but I think the love they have for their children is the most important thing they can give.

Anonymous said...

I have always thought this "war" was a fiction of the media. I work part-time and I have many working-mom friends and SAHM friends. If anything, we are jealous of each others' respective freedoms!