Tuesday

Central Park in Santa Clarita, CA.

Received Tuesday, January 9, 2007
Second Sighting. The first time I saw this nanny she took the child she cares for to the park in a red/blue stroller. She was with a friend of hers and the friend didn't seem to have a child with her. The child she took care of was under 3 I would guess. He wasn't strapped in the stroller just in the stroller probably because they walked to the park. He was able to climb up the steps by himself and walk through the things. He was hesitant about going down the slide and asked his nanny to catch him. She said okay and stood in front of him at the end of the slide on the far left and as he pushed off the top, she moves on out of the way. He landed at the bottom with his legs in the air and was more scared I think then hurt, but I don't know if he was hurt. The nanny and her friend were laughing so hard at him that they had to hang on to each for support. It wasn't funny and it wasn't nice. They thought it was the funniest thing ever. I was at the swings facing them with my child when that happened. I tried to show her a mean look to let her know what I thought of that but she didn't really notice. That was about two weeks ago. This nanny is easy to be recognized because she wears very strong makeup. She lines her lips and wears lipstick and eyeliner and has long, dark hair. I don't really remember what she had on then. I saw her again on Monday. They were there when I got to the park and went to the swings. This time she was at the tables on the other side of the swings. She was buy herself. She had on black shoes or boots and brown jeans and a red, plaid button up shirt over a white shirt. She was sitting at the table spaced out. The boy was sitting at the table with her. No stroller. He was drinking a juice box and eating a sandwich or something. She had nothing in front of her but a pack of matches that she was holding. She went through the whole pack of matches lighting one after the other. Holding it and then letting it blow out and putting it on the table. She wasn't smoking. She wasn't even talking to the kid, but just staring in to the air in a daze. I thought this was strange especially because she is a role model to a child. Isn't the message to teach them NOT to play with matches? I don't know anything else about this chick but what I reported here. Today the little boy had on a white long sleeved t-shirt with some sort of car or cartoon on it and blue jeans. He also had that look to his head that was like he had just got his hair cut.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd follow her home and tell her employers what she's been doing. That poor little boy :(

Anonymous said...

Based on how you described the nanny....well, lets just say sometimes you CAN judge a book by it's cover. I bet she's a good deal ($) though.

Anonymous said...

When I read that post, I thought "that poor little boy". Please try and find his parents, even if you have to follow them home.

Anonymous said...

I don't even know why I read this site. My heart is breaking for that little boy - especially the first story.

Anonymous said...

I know in advance that I will catch hell for this, but screw it. Beware of nannies who

a.) wear tons of make-up
b.) have very long fake fingernails
c.) dress up like they're going to a disco in 4 inch heels to go tot he park.

Getting in the trenches and playing with your kid is not what they have in mind. They are there for the $ only.

Seems obvious, but I thought I'd mention it.

Anonymous said...

Dehlia you are so right! If they are dressed to go clubbing, they aren't playing in the sandbox. She sounds way too immature to care for a child. And who wants a hoochie as a role model for your little boy or girl? Don't parents look at their babysitters? If a nanny shows looking like she doesn't expect to get dirty, she's not going to. And I don't mean that nannies can't look nice and pulled together, but trashy is another thing.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I run a blog on SCV life, so I posted about this on my blog as well - http://gossip.scvlife.net/santa-clarita-nanny/ - hopefully the parents with that nanny will spot it and find themselves a better nanny!

Anonymous said...

Dehlia, I totally agree with you. I am a nanny with short (clean) nails, and I dress for the playground. I even have a special "playground jacket" because I don't want to think about my clothes, if a child need to be picked up and is spitting up, has dirty hands etc.

Anonymous said...

oh puleez!!!!

Anonymous said...

I do agree with most of you on the way a nanny appears. I'm currently a nanny for a wonderful family, and my daily attire is jeans and a sweatshirt because I know that even if we're not playing in the sand (it's too cold out!), I will end up with something on me. Plus, dressing like I'm going to the club or even an office is not comfortable for playing cars on the floor and running around through Gymboree. Plus long nails and diapers ( unless you have gloves) and a squirmy child could end up really gross lol.

Anonymous said...

LOL 1:16!

And 12:20 AM - what's with the Puhleez! comment? Clean and tidy appearence is ridiculous? Maybe she should wear her mink to work and get vomit on it? Maybe she should keep her nails long and sharp, the better to unclog the sink? WTH?

Anonymous said...

Hee hee hee, I wouldve laughed at that kid as well.

Anonymous said...

i hope you don't work with children then!

Anonymous said...

529, you suck donkey balls. I hope someday, you are NEVER a mommy, because any offspring of yours, besides being a bully, will be that kid with a gun in the bell tower (think the movie Parenthood).

Now, considering you are probalbly just a kid posting on this site, go back to your sandbox and play with your toys.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't inflict 5:29 on a poor innocent donkey.

Anonymous said...

716 you need to grow up! Your lack of intelligence encourages others and the site becomes full of the same crap that you are posting all over all the nanny blogs!

Anonymous said...

603 do you think that it is ok to laugh at a child? I'm a mom, and I would fire that nanny in an instant! 529 should never work with kids. So, 603, are you a mom or a nanny? Or are you 529? Defending yourself? I feel sorry for any child in your presence if you condone tormenting children. As for my eloquence(spelling aside), I thougt the phrase appropriate. For 529. No explanation needed there.

And 748, your right! I would feel sorry for the donkey! Gasp! The poor thing would probalby die from laughing it's butt off! (the donkey, poor thing)