Wednesday

CL-WTF?

Saturday, September 19, 2009
CL- WTF on I SAW YOUR NANNY by MPP
Photobucket
.... WHAT?!

*This Ad did exist but was removed almost immediately from CL:
1) In Home Nanny Needed (Hampton)... OMG... U HAVE TO READ! (Norfolk)
Is this for real? This is the ad posted:
I'm a Single-Father in search of a lady who is willing to be an in-home Nanny. I have a 5 year old little girl, and a 8 year old little girl. I'm in the military, and also run a business so I'm not home a good majority of the time. If you are a student, or you are involved in some type of activity or venture which requires you to be flexible with your time, then this is the job for you. You'll be living in a beautiful home with all expenses paid. All you have to worry about is helping with child-care. Also, I'm single, 28 years old, and a grown man. So, I ask that you be between the ages of 24-34, beautiful, not crazy or deranged, and single. Like I said, I'm a grown man and we will be living under the same roof, so who knows what will happen. So, if you are interested or have questions, please email me at the above address. We will then set up a time to meet, and see how things go. Thank you...

I don't know if this man is serious or just perverted but this sounds like something bad waiting to happen. As a parent and provider...I would NOT advise anyone to respond to this? What does being between the ages of 24 and 34 and beautiful have to do with taking good care of your children? Yeah, right...sounds like a crazy pervert to me. And what does he mean, since he and the woman would be living under the same roof, "who knows what will happen"???? I'm flagging! Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1380444265.html
___________________________________________________________

2) I need childcare tonight! (Norfolk)
There was a lady who watched my 2 boys july 3rd. I am looking for her. she live in newport news in an apartment on the top floor, had a daughter, and 2 cats, and her husband was a police officer. If you read this please email me!! I believe you had a computer in your living room also. hope these are good clues to find you.
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1379469261.html
___________________________________________________________

3) Looking for a student to help out 40 minutes a day (Norfolk)
my name is tami and i am looking for a RELYABLE student to come to my house for 40 minutes a day & watch my daycare kids. this is monday thru friday. i will pay you. i can be reached at 757-371-****
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1379624167.html
___________________________________________________________

4) In need of a sitter (Norfolk)
hi i am looking for a sitter in the morning. sorry its last min. i had a sitter cancel on me at the last minute. I have a 3 yr old son who is very energetic so I need someone who can keep up with him. I would like for you to be here at my place around 11am I have a few errands to run. I prefer someone who can come here to my place but if you cant then i dont mind bringing him to you. Please email me your rates and experience. Thanks a lot have a great night.
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1381483016.html
___________________________________________________________

5) Need an Emergency back up Provider for Wednesday! (Newport News)
I run a small home daycare with 3 children. I have a very important appointment at 12:00 Wednesday and I need someone to come in and look after the children for about two hours from 11:30am - 1:30pm.. I will have the children changed and their lunches prepared before I leave. The appointment is right down the street from me and I may be back sooner but that doesn't affect your pay. I can pay $25.00. If you are interested, please email me (with a number) or call/txt me at 303**** and we can set up a time to meet. Thanks in advance.
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1374218541.html
___________________________________________________________

6) Dancing Mom needs babysitter 2night (Reno)
I am a young dancing mom who needs childcare for tonight and possible a few weekends here and there... I would drop off around 7 and can only pay from 60-80 up front then give u more after i pick up. my daughter is only 3 months. so i would need some who very experienced preferable cpr certified.... this is urgent.. my other baby sitter was a flake and ive been lucky enough to have help from my family... so please please email me or call me at 775 229-****
thx -Brittni
Original URL: http://reno.craigslist.org/kid/1371539892.html
___________________________________________________________

7) We need childcare tonight (Reno)
WE need childcare for tonight in our home located in the Red Hawk area. From the hours of 10:00 pm to 2:00 amThree children ages nine five and three. Pay is $ 10.00 per hour Please email @ Muellershotspot@**** thanks
Original URL: http://reno.craigslist.org/kid/1371566289.html
___________________________________________________________

8) In need of childcare 9/14 - 9/17 (Sacramento)
I am in emergency need of a babysitter for the days of 9/14-9/17 from the hours of 8am-230pm. I am a Certified Personal Trainer and would like to exchange my service for yours. You can contact me best through my email at avalos_cococo@****
Original URL: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/kid/1373052762.html
___________________________________________________________

9) WANTED: Babysitter for Sat. 9/19 and for Mondays, starting this week (Norfolk)
I am looking for a sitter to start tomorrow around 6, and to work for me on Mondays.
My regular sitter can no longer work Mondays, so I am searching for someone who would be available to work on the Mondays that I have to work. Care needs to be provided in my home, as we have one child who is school-aged and rides the bus home. Experience required, pay is negotiable. We live near Oscar Smith High School. The job would start on Monday, so I am looking to interview people as soon as possible. When responding, please give me an idea of what your hourly pay requirements would be and when you would be available to meet for an interview. Thank you!
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1380264947.html
___________________________________________________________

10) KEEPING IT REAL (Las Vegas)
im a 53 yr old mom of 3 grown and gone girls. i provide a service to families looking for a nanny. i have applied to numerous postings on here where the poster doesnt even bother to reply or acknowledge they have even heard from me. how rude. if you are looking for pt care im available saturday-wednesday. im looking forward to hearing from the ones who are seriously looking for my services. thx for ur time.
Original URL: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/kid/1380221916.html
___________________________________________________________

11) childcare'm (Houston)
childcare'm a very clean and I like playing with them . if they are interested can contact me my name vilma I live in 45 north $ 12. per hour ;Monday; to Friday. I speak Spanish and speak English I have 36 years of age.and
Original URL: http://houston.craigslist.org/dmg/1379061583.html
___________________________________________________________

12) Need a sitter for Friday night (Norfolk)
I'm looking for a responsible sitter to watch my 3 year old son tomorrow night. I would like to have someone come to my home in Hampton, near the Hampton Roads Center Pkwy. I have never left my son with anyone other than my mother in law and I am very cautious when it comes to him. I ask that you be friendly, patient, kind, and loving. I will need you to be here by 7 and my Husband and I will be home around 1am. Our 16 year old daughter will be home by 11 but I would like you to stay until we get home. We do have dogs and a cat - in case you have allergies. I am always home with my son so expect him to be upset for a while after I leave. I would really love to get a picture with your response. Thank you for your time.
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1379995755.html
___________________________________________________________

13) BABYSITTER YUR CHILD IN MY HOME (D.C.)
I BABYSITTER YOUR INFANT IN MY HOME IN VIENNA VA. CLOSE TO RESTON A MILE OF THE TOW ROAD,NONDAY TO FRIDAY FOM MORNING TO EVENING TIME TO BE NEGOTIATED,SATURDEY AND SUNDAY OPTIONAL.LATHS OF EXPERIENCE, AND REFERENCES.PRISE TO BE NEGOTIATED PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL SAL OR PONTIP PHONE#703 946-****
Original URL: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/dmg/1373170242.html
___________________________________________________________

14) Babysitter for Saturday (Las Vegas)
Looking for a babysitter on Saturday, I'll need you on and off during the week. I go to Pahrump often. I also need someone to work with me, I just got a job and dont get paid till next friday. But Ill use you often. 2-3 times a week. Hours and days vary. Im an honest person and just need a little help right now. Ill pay you weekly if thats fine. My son is 17 months old and hes a great kid. If you actually play with him. Please get back to me.
Original URL: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/kid/1379940914.html
___________________________________________________________

15) Childcare needed (N.C.)
I am seeking childcare for my three boys on an as needed basis. They are 3 1/2, 7, and 11. I am pretty particular about the kind of childcare I want for my children, so if your general demeanor with children is to drive up to my house smoking a cigarette and finishing a screaming match with your stalking ex-boyfriend, perhaps we would not be a good fit.

Having said that, my boys love to play. They want to be active and they want you to be active as well. They are not annoying in this respect, they just don't sit around and entertain themselves. They want to play with you!! We have an in-home preschool, so our playroom is extensive and our neighborhood is well-suited to outdoor activities. I don't want you to clean my house, just to clean up after yourselves as you go. My kids don't get smacked or belittled as a form of discipline. I am a very warm and kind mother and want you to be the same with my boys. Please be a prompt kind of person. And not too terribly perky...we love hyper or energetic, but perky is a little annoying.

So, email and tell us a little about yourself. We are actually a really fun, lively, close-knit blended family (6 kids in all, but don't be afraid because the other 3 are older and self-sufficient). Shelley
Original URL: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/kid/1382076352.html
___________________________________________________________

.... HOW MUCH?!

16) Before and After Childcare (Philadelphia)
I am in search of someone that can provide before and aftercare for my son. My work schedule varies during the week. There is a possibility that I will have to drop him off to your home as early as 6am and pick him up as late as 6pm. He currently attends Henry Houston Elementary. If interested please email back with "Childcare" on subject line. Please indicate how soon you will be available and how much you will charge. I am will to pay no more than $20 per day. Hope to hear from you soon.
Original URL: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/kid/1379458980.html

*Response from angry CL reader:

17) RE: Before and After Childcare (Philadelphia)
This is an example of an ad a parent posted seeking a nanny, that I don't understand. This parent is seeking a nanny from as early as 6am till possibly 6pm- Mon thru Friday. Which is a max of 60hrs a week. She said that she WILL NOT pay more than $20 a day, which works out to be $100 a week. Which isapprox $1.68 cents per hour. Now tell me if this could ever be right? A fair negotiable wage would be $400 to $500 a week. Most of these parents I've noticed are ripping nannies off, all in the name of "THE BAD ECONOMY". It really shouldn't be like this. A nanny deserves to be paid a reasonable wage for what she is worth. Else parents stay home and watch your kids yourself, and feel the stress we nannies feel when we care for your bad behaved kids.
Original URL: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/kid/1381583769.html
___________________________________________________________

18) NIGHT TIME NANNY NEEDED (Las Vegas)
HI THERE HARD TIMES HAVE CALLED ME BACK TO WORK... I NEED SOMEONE NIGHT TIME FROM 5PM TO 5AM (POSSIBLY EARLIER) SAT SUN WED.....AND MON TUES THURS FRI 2 OF THOSE DAYS FROM 2PM TO 10PM......I CAN ONLY OFFER 40 A NIGHT FOR THE LONG NIGHTS AND 30 FOR THE SHORT NIGHTS. I KNOW ITS NOT ALOT BUT IM NOT MAKING MUCH. ITS TO WATCH A 2 YR OLD... PLEASE EMAIL ME IF THIS PAY AND HOURS WORK FOR YOU! NEED SOMEONE ASAP!
P.S. I ALSO HAVE A FRIEND LOOKING FOR SIMULAR HOURS... YOU COULD POTENTIALLY WATCH HER 5 YR OLD AS WELL FOR MORE PAY... THANKS
Original URL: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/kid/1380219329.html
___________________________________________________________

19) Estoy Buscando Ninera looking for a nanny (D.C.)
Hola puedo pagar $150.00 a la semana lunes a verenes 7am-1 o 2 de la tarde cuidar los en mi casa dejar mi hijo en el bus infronte de la casa y recojer lo enfronte de la casa. y cuidar mi hijo que tienes 2 anos. porfavor dejar me saver.


Looking for a cool Nanny laid back to wach my kids mon-fri 7am-1 or 2 pm put my 5 year old on the bus that stops infront of my house. and pick him up from the bus stop. also watch my 2 year old during the day hes laid bak he like to play with his cars read watch tv and eat and sleep. I can pay $150.00 it is a very easy job my nanny right now will be leaving and i need to replace her. Its a easy job but i need someone thats going to show up everyday at 7am :) Thank You
Original URL:
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/kid/1374412056.html

___________________________________________________________

20) Evening Nanny/Childcare needed 3 days per week in our Home (Maryland)
Hello, thank you for your interest. Nanny/Childcare is needed for our active 17 month old boy, 3 nights per week, 6pm until 11:30pm. Nights will most likely be Mon., Wed., & Fri., however we are are flexible about the days. The pay is $150 per week. Payment will be paid by subsidy check from the state of MD. This position includes teaching the baby his ABC's & 123's, colors, shapes, and different animals, etc. You must also read to the baby, reading is preferred over TV programs. We are a Christian family and it is important that you are willing to read and watch christian videos with the baby. You will be required to feed (light cooking if ness.), bathe, play/entertain, and teach the baby. You must keep baby's area neat and clean. Willing to do light housekeeping, i.e. dishes, & laundry is a plus! The right candidate will be LEGAL with SSN, responsible, respectful, trustworthy, and honest. Clear English speaking is a must! Bi-lingual with Spanish speaking is a plus, but not required. You must also have YOUR OWN TRANSPORTATION. There is absolutely no cursing, swearing, smoking, in or around our home. Inappropriate speaking to the baby will not be tolerated, and you will be terminated immediately if you are found to neglect, abuse, rough handle or yell/shout at the baby. There will be a background check that you must pass. If you are interested in the position, please email me with contact information. Thanks in advance.
Original URL: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/kid/1371880972.html
___________________________________________________________

21) 25 year old nanny for $25 a day (Maryland)
25 Year old female looking for a p\t or f\t position. I have 9 years exspirience and have taken care of up to 7 kids in a daycare. I've looked afte children from newborn to school aged. I love to teach kids and help them to develop their mind, working at a daycare has helped me to do so. i will only look after your child in my home as i will be a mother of my first child i want to get in the habit of being home. I would be asking for $25 daily. I'm a very reasonable person and easy to work with. i would like to start working asap and would prefer a young child as i will not be able to pick up from school or anything. i feel i can start my days as early as 7:30 no later then 3pm as i'm only asking for $25 dollors anything later then 3pm willl be an additional 7 an hour mind you this is only if i started at 7:30 am. thanks. please email me first, give info and ur # so i know your serious. thankyou so much kmolfmm@****
Original URL: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/kid/1374571696.html
___________________________________________________________

22) Needing 2 day childcare for 3 children (Oct 11-12) (Florida)
I am trying to surprise my boyfriend that lives out of town for a "surprise" visit, he lives in Miami. Just to go down there for 2 days is going to be a costly trip for a single mother to 3 so I am offering $100... I will provide everything (food and drinks) and you can even stay in my home if that would be easier, I would make sure to have groceries for you to feed yourself, I have internet for entertainment and so forth. If you want them at your place, that is fine as well. There are a few options but the jest of it is, I will be leaving Sunday morning (October 11th) around 5 am and not returning until Monday evening around 9 pm. You could either get them Saturday night (or come over to my place to stay the night) or just come over really early in the morning (or have me drop them off). I would need someone to drop my oldest child off at school (Ridgeview Elementary), it's literally just right down the road from me. And pick her up (drop off is at 8:10, pickup is at 2:30). I have a daughter that is 5 years old, and 2 sons. One is 2 and the other is turning 4 in December.

Please tell me if you are interested. This would mean everything to me and my boyfriend, as we only get a 6 hour visit once a month due to work and other circumstances beyond our control (mainly due to the fact I have no one to watch the children). I know $100 isn't NEAR what I feel anyone deserves to make in this situation but it would mean alot. And I would do everything I could to make it up for you in any other ways. If you wanted to exchange housework or if you need child services, I can do that as well.

JUst becuase you would be staying in my home possible and watching my kids for 2 entire days, I would need to do a background check. Just to make sure. Thank you so much. Please e-mail me at stephjl3@**** - I work from home at a call center so its hard to talk on the phone.
Original URL: no URL given
___________________________________________________________

23) wanna move to Hawaii to be a live-in nanny/mother's helper (Oahu)
Family of 4 looking for LIVE IN nanny/mother's helper ONLY.

things we want in a nanny;
mature,reliable,responsible,female
someone to play games with.
act as if we are family.
drama free, helpful, fun, outgoing.

Qualifications;
female AROUND ages 18-30
LOVES kids
very layed back
has drivers license
drama free
loves small dogs
likes to do just about anything for fun.

Who this job might be good for:
single mother who only has 1 child
military female
collage student
fresh out of high school

duties:
Helping me to take care of my boys.
light cleaning & cooking
helping with kids i babysit.
hours are neg.

compensation:
free room/board/vehicle/utilities/food/ gas and a little extra cash
We might even be able to add an extra cell phone to our plan which we would pay monthly for you.

email us with picture,age and any questions you might have.
OR CALL US IF YOUR SERIOUS ABOUT MOVING TO HAWAII
808 542 ****
WILL BUY YOUR TICKET TO COME TO HAWAII
Original URL: http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/kid/1374918744.html
___________________________________________________________

24) Baysitting - East Side (Las Vegas)
Need a Sitter for my almost 5 year old daughter - Hours are approx. Mon-Thur-Fri.-Sat from 8a.m. to 1a.m. Somedays may be alittle less. Looking for no more than $80. I need someone who has experinace and that has some kind of structered activity thru out the day. This salary is half of my pay which I think is fair. please email back with aliitle bit about yourself etc. for consideration. I would also like that the person live not to far. I live at flamingo and Boulder Hwy and drive up Flamingo to Las Vegas BLvd. So anywhere around there would be great or not too far off from that. Thank You
Original URL: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/dmg/1371902081.html

*Response from angry CL reader:

25) RE: Babysitting East Side (Las Vegas)
Is this person stuck on STUPID???? They want us to watch their CHILD for $3.20 an hour. What is wrong with people!!! Don't they realize it's their child, not a stuffed bear. And s/he feels it's a fair rate because it's half of what they get paid. WTF! If they made $20 doing whatever they are doing then you would only get paid $10. That has got to be the worst rationale for getting paid less than minimum wage I have ever heard. I don't think there is anyone out there that pathetic to not realize they are being taken advantage of and don't say "there are people out there who need the money", because there are more than enough jobs at minimum wage that don't involve the responsibility of watching after a child for slave labor wages. I may not like a minimum wage job, but I sure as hell don't like the pay of a $3.20/hour job.
Original URL: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/dmg/1372516235.html
___________________________________________________________

26) Nanny Needed (Houston)
I am seeking a nanny. Live in would be helpful. But I realize not the easiest to find. So I am also willing to have a nanny 4-5 days a week stay for 8 hours and go home.
Duties include: Caring for my 3 little girls. ( 5,3, and 21 months.) Vaccumeing, laundry, dishes etc. I am a single mother of 3 kids. hopeing to trade room and board but able to pay about 20 a day. if intrested please give me a call at 281-288-**** or reply to the ad
Original URL: http://houston.craigslist.org/dmg/1373196630.html
___________________________________________________________

27) Nanny/light housekeeper needed/nanny-housekeeper - i am willing to train (Utah)
we are a family of 3 with a 16 month old daughter. we are looking for a nanny/housekeeper/nanny-housekeeper who wants to be trained, ASAP! we also have two min pin dogs who might need to be walked but not necesarily.
days change but as of now it is :
M-F 7am-5pm plus one or two nights a week for 2 to 3 hours as i am in school.
100.00-200.00 weekly
Please let me know if you are interested and serious candidates only please! please call asap 623-210-**** after 5pm and as late as 1am is ok if needed.
Required:
background check
if lds bishops recommendation or letter regarding you
non smoking
non drinking
if possible lds, not required but highly prefered (we are open minded but strong lds, couple with baby soon to be married living together.)
teach baby spanish and ASL ( i can teach you but prefer someone who knows at least one of the two.)
teach baby preschool
housekeeping
walk dogs/some dog care (easy extremely small dogs)
focus on child-playing, interacting,(i use to nanny for 15 years so i do expect good child care) (i can train to.)
*we live 8 minutes outside of main park city ski resorts including deervalley, park city, the canyons.
*you would have your own room and bathroom, desk, dresser, queen bed, you can here the creek from your window and it is almost below your window.
*possibility of travel options with family
*plusmore!
(we prefer to start pay around 100.00-130.00 starting and then winter time 130.00-200.00 including room and board which is expensive here in park city. plus high end nanny training available if you like)
Original URL: http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/kid/1359234030.html
___________________________________________________________

28) can you walk my daughters home from school Tuesdays? (Chicago)
hi i am a single parent in grad school, and i have a tuesdays conundrum! i have class on tuesdays until 4 downtown, and my daughters get out of school at 4:15. it takes me about half an hour to get to their school ( nettelhorst, on melrose and broadway), so i can't pick them up until 4:45. i applied for a scholarship for after school care, but what they are still asking ( 150$ per month) i absolutely cannot afford. my twin daughters are 9, and they understandably don't feel comfortable walking home alone. i am looking for someone to pick them up every tuesday at 4:15 from nettelhorst, and walk them home ( a 10 min. walk). they can be home alone until i get home at 4:45, you just need to walk them to the house! as i mentioned i am a single mom, and in school, and i can't pay more than 20$ a month. when you think about it though, you are making 20$ for 40 minutes of work. let me know if you are interested! thanks
Original URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/kid/1381301726.html
___________________________________________________________

29) Live in Nanny needed (Norfolk)
will trade our spare room and utilities for house keeping and childcare while we are gone I have a job at a stable that takes alot of my time and my husband is Military and gone alot. need some one that can watch the kids while we are working and when we go out. in exchange you get a free room and utilities use of the laundry and kitchen. you will basically be part of the family. if intrested email me back and tell me your name age and childcare expreience and we will go from there. Thank you very much.
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1373678594.html
___________________________________________________________

30) Full Time Nanny ASAP (Michigan)
I need a full time nanny in ypsilanti 7:45-5 m-f includes driving which gas is paid for so must have reliable car. We need someone asap my nanny just found new job and is moving on and we need to fill her position. We run background checks and expect the person to be reliable and trustworthy. My son is 8 months old and a very happy baby all he wants to do is play and all we expect of you is to play with him and keep the house picked up while you are there. We love our nanny and want them to be part of the family. We are not hard to work for we undersand that when he is sleeping please feel free to do what you want as long as we trust you we are really flexible with you if you have to run somewhere or something along thoes lines. We just want him to be loved and safe. We are paying 200 per week to start with a pay increase at 3 months and every 6 months after that. I need someone ASAP so if you are intrested we would love to do interviews this weekend. My phone number is 313-670-**** please give me a call so we can set something up.
Original URL: http://annarbor.craigslist.org/edu/1381117365.html
___________________________________________________________

31) Responsible, Loving Babysitter needed immediately (Sacramento)
Seeking an in home sitter with verifiable references, reliable transportation and a clean driving record to care for our two young boys ages 7 and 4. This is a full time (4yr old ) / part time (7yr old ) position. I'm looking for someone who will truely take an interest in the well being and personal development of our kids ~ we are NOT looking for a person who will plop them in front of the TV. The hours are M-F 10-5:30 & 3:30-5:30 ~ you would be responsible for picking up our son after school ( the school is 5 minutes from our home ). No housekeeping required that's my job, you will only prepare lunch for the four year old & a couple of healthy snacks ~ we just want you to focus on the kids. Reading , talking , adventures , oversee homework ~ that's your job. The salary for this position is $575 p/mth. If you are interested please email me your resume / references and call me at 916-477-**** (Joanie) to talk about setting up a personal interview. Thank you
Original URL: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/kid/1380859987.html
___________________________________________________________
Special thanks to those that Contributed: Utah Nanny, Nevada Nanny, Cinder38, hijabiniqaabi and octebbc... you did a great job! PLEASE, from now on, try to send in a Copy of the Ad with your Link... oftentimes when I go to pick it up, it has been Flagged or Removed and we miss out on a potentially awesome Ad. Remember, CL-WTF will be Posted every Saturday. Please send next weeks Ads HERE or use MEEBO.

---> TO LEAVE A COMMENT: PLEASE CLICK RIGHT HERE!! <---















No comments: