Sunday

CL - WTF?

CL-WTF on ISYN Saturday, May 9, 2009
.... What?!

* The following Ad was answered by an ISYN reader:

1) Nanny Wanted (Iowa City)
I am looking for a Nanny for my two sons starting June 1st (summer only). My sons are eleven and eight and are very independent. The time required would be Monday-Friday, 8:45-5:15. Room and board provided if necessary. Ideally you must have a vehicle to transport them to the pool, park, etc.
Original URL: http://iowacity.craigslist.org/edu/1133578697.html

* Here is the response they received:

2) Wanted to thank you for your response to the "Nanny Wanted" posting on Craig's list. I also wanted to let you know that I have been really busy with work, so I apologize for the slow response. This leads me into an important subject, I am a social worker, so I don't make a ton of money. For those of you that are looking to make considerable money nannying (and I support you), this may not be the opportunity. For starters, despite the long hours (more on that later), it is really not very labor intensive work. My sons are eleven and eight and pretty much are self motivated, so short of you driving to the pool (or walking), you are basically present to make lunch, the odd snack, keep them safe and that is it...you can nap, text your pals, sit by the pool, lay in the park, etc. Also, the boys may be in Arts Shares camp for a couple of weeks, so this would mean half days during that period. So given this fact, this might be a nannying position better geared towards high school folks, as opposed to college students looking for money for tuition next fall. About the hours, I am thinking that I might cut back my hours at work to thirty-two a week for the summer. I am also thinking that if I stay at forty, that I might hire two people for twenty hours a week. I received some responses from males, and while I am an equal opportunity guy, there is so much male energy in the house with the three of us, I really would like the boys to get to hang with a female. Again, I am open-minded about this, but we have dealt with this issue the last few summers, so it isn't new to us. Anyway, all that being said, please e-mail me back if you are still interested and mention what type of salary you are interested in. I will see if my budget allows for it and get back to you. For those folks that are no longer interested, thank you for taking the time to e-mail. Best Regards, Tony
___________________________________________________


3) Nanny Needed, Live in (Danbury)
Nanny needed, Live in. Between mid June and Sept 1, ISO 24 / 7 live in Nanny. Single Dad and 10 yr. son and dog, for the summer, cooking and cleaning, yes windows, all wifely duties.
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/kid/1149278123.html
________________________________________________________________

4) Alki After School Openings (Seattle)
Openings in K-8 for Alki After School Program. Affordable Excellent Staff Flexible Hours Director, Cheryl Snyder 206-930-**** E-mail: alkikidsplace@**** Facility Address: 6115 SW Hinds Street, Seattle 98116
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/kid/1156644780.html
________________________________________________________________

5) Need Childcare for TONIGHT? (S. Everett (128th ST)
Hello ALL Cinco De Mayo go-getters!! My name is Rachel and I am availble to watch any chitlens tonight while you parents can go out and drink the night away on this festive holiday!! I've made the executive decision to stay at home and be responsible for the evening. However, there are some people out there that have OTHER plans in mind. So I will be available this even to babysit your child/children for the night. I can start at 7pm and will watch them until WHENEVER YOU COME BACK TO GET THEM!! Or Whenever you get home. However you want this to pan out!! I'm not going to get into lavish details and refferences for this gig only because it is a 1 night opportunity for parents to go out on the town. But believe me when I say, This isn't my first rodeo!! :) I start charging $10 a child and $5 for additional children there after. (per hr) If you are interested (regardless your location) go ahead and email me back. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you!!
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/kid/1156438522.html
___________________________________________________

6) I need a sitter tonight (Bonney Lake)
Hi, I need a sitter for my 5 mo old daughter tonight from 11- 1 or 2. She'll be asleep. Around midnight, she may wake up and want a bottle. Just feed her and lie her back down. Thanks!
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/kid/1156048921.html
________________________________________________________________

7) Looking for gentle, reliable sitter to fill in... $10 p/hr (Parkland)
Hi:) I watch a few kiddos during the week and am looking for someone to occasionally fill in for me when I need to attend Dr's appointments, court appointments, and other important errands. The position would be for 1-2 days per week for 2-4 hours at a time with a 20.00 minimum. I'm particularly looking for someone to fill in for me Thursday morning from about 10am until 1pm. Let me know if you're interested, I pay 10.00+ per hour depending on experience including references. I'm very flexible and easy-going and would need someone dependable and easy to communicate with. Please respond with phone number, Thanks:)
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/kid/1155143564.html
________________________________________________________________

8) Nanny Job Offering (New York)
Nadine 718 757-**** Raindrops on noses and whiskers on kittens Tender small fingers in warm woolen mittens Brown paper coloring books, scribbled with things These are a few of my job offerings Cream colored dresses and walls drawn with doodles Children who don’t eat their broccoli but noodles Running in parks and kids flying on swings These are a few of my job offerings Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes Boys that play baseball and practice their catches Summer in Hamptons and fairs that sell things These are a few of my job offerings When the kid cries When the diapers wet When they do not nap I simply remember my job offering And then I start just start to sing. By Nadine Kennedy - Hi I’m Nadine, I would like to introduce myself. I am a young energetic 34 year old, Professional Nanny/ caregiver who enjoys playing the guitar, art, singing and puppeteer-ing to name a few. I come with 10 years of experience and a wealth of knowledge in childcare. I have a genuine love for children and a passion for their enrichment, wellbeing, safety and happiness. I desire to encourage children to explore their artistic and academic abilities. My great drive for life, multitasking abilities, focused and goal oriented principals; along with my organizational skills enable me to say that I AM one of THE BEST candidates for your childcare needs. I am a full time nanny of a wonderful 3. mth old who is moving o the Birkshires Nadine 718 757-****
___________________________________________________

9) Sitter needed today (New York)
I'm going on an audition at Radio City this afternoon and will need someone to watch my son at the theatre while I perform. Please contact at 973-615-**** asap.
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/kid/1157105761.html
________________________________________________________________

10) Childcare needed IN MY HOME - calling all moms, grandmas, etc. (Sun Prairie)
The sitter that we had is not going to work out, so we are in need of someone to start as soon as monday, the schedule is a little different it is as follows, this next upcoming week monday-fri may 11th-15th 7:30 am-1pm, and the weeks following we are looking for someone from 10:00 am-1:00 pm but if you need more hours we may be able to work with that. We need someone to come to our house because I start work at 4am, my fiance starts work at 10:30, we have only 1 vehicle as I take it in the morning, and he has his work vehicle but no minors are allowed in the truck. We are trying to get back on our feet, and I make min wage, so we are looking for someone with reasonable rates because we don't need a nanny, we only need a sitter. Our daughter is 11 months old very very easy baby to take care of. The days will be easy because we just need someone to be here pretty much, as you will only have to give her a bottle (which is already prepared and she feeds herself), lay her down for a nap (she sleeps betwee 2-3 hours), of course change her (probably only 1-2 times), and feed her a bowl of oatmeal and give her a cup of juice (which she does herself). The rest of the time is yours, feel free to watch t.v, etc..as you will have fun because the t.v.is in our sunroom. If youhave a child/ren please feel free to bring them along. Please give me a call at 608-318-**** to set up a time to meet or more information. Thank you Brown Family
Original URL: http://madison.craigslist.org/kid/1160730860.html
________________________________________________________________

11) Babysitter needed (South East Side)
I need a babysiter to watch my 5 year old son. It dosn't matter how old you are or your experience, I can only afford to pay $6 an hour, that could be about 40 bucks a night for watching tv andn internet! It's a very easy job since he is very independent but obviously I'm not going to leave him home alone. let me know.
Original URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/dmg/1158484513.html
________________________________________________________________

12) Seeking a Night-Time Nanny, Starting Immediately (Lakeview/Chicago)
I'm looking for a nanny that works nights! I work starting at 4-5 in the evening and won't get home until around 2:30 AM most nights. This would be ideal for a student looking for a summer job! I only know my schedule a week (sometimes 2) in advance, so you'd have to be flexible on the days and times you were available. It'll probably be no more than 3-4 nights a week. Pay rate is negotiable. If interested, please email me with your resume, and please be able to provide references. I'm looking for someone who can start as early as this Sunday at 5! Thanks!
Original URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/kid/1161385614.html
________________________________________________________________

13) need sitter asap! (Houston/Sugarland)
Hello, I have 2 boys, 4 yrs and 2 months. I need someone to watch them tonight (sat) from about 6 or 7 pm to around 3 or 4am. Please have references. Email me with rates, certs (not needed if you have good references), references, and your contact info. Thanks a bunch!
Original URL: http://houston.craigslist.org/kid/1161966862.html
________________________________________________________________

14) NEED A SITTER FOR EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS (WINOOSKI)
HELLO MY NAME IS KATIA AND IM LOOKING FOR A PART TIME BABYSITTING JOB IM DOING A RECYCLE NORTH TRAINING OFFICE MANANGMENT AND BESIDE THAT IM LOOKING FOR A PART TIME JOB LIKE BABYSITTING BECAUSE I NEED TO HELP MY PARENTS AND MY THINGS FROM SCHOOL. I LOVE KIDS I DO A LOTS THINGS WITH KIDS I TAKE THEM OUTSIDE GIVE THEM BREAKFAST LUNCH AND SUPPER THATS FOR BIG BABIES, FOR BABIES I CREATE PLAYGROUNDS I TAKE CARE OF THEM IM LOOKING FOR ANYONE THAT NEEDS SOMEOEN THAT NEED SOME CHILCARE IN THE EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS ALSO PLEASE IF YOU ARE INTERESTING FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME I LIVE IN WINOOSKI AND I CAN DO ALSO BURLINGTON THANKS, KATIA
Original URL: http://burlington.craigslist.org/kid/1153468273.html
________________________________________________________________

15) Sitter needed on Monday afternoon (SW, HWY 6 @ Bellaire Blvd. 77083)
I need to run errands for a few hours on Monday afternoon from 4:00p.m.-7p.m.; need to drop off my little 4 year old. How much would you charge? Please send me your contact information. I am off SW area-HWY 6 @ Bellaire Blvd., Houston, 77083. Please be sure it is close enough so we can arrange. Thanks!
Original URL: http://houston.craigslist.org/kid/1161467962.html
________________________________________________________________

16) Attention Parents Seeking Care (Deforest/Sun Prairie/Madison)
I had listed an ad on Craigs list in search of a nanny. I received several responces, one in particular from a Ms. Tiffany B_rke, 30 years old, lives in De Forest. She expressed great interest in the job and also gave great experience. I did a nanny verify on her and found a problem. This gal is under investigation. Apparently a child was injured while in her care. There was video and audio recordings to verify this happened. The child was injured when she stepped out to have a cigarrette!!! This gal was hired and believed to be a non smoker(question was asked and she said no- non smoker). I am informing you about this matter, because I know she is actively looking to care for other children. It was very hard to find her in the search, but if you look very hard- you will find her- the video is shocking as to how she treated the children in her care as well. Website includes contact information for parent of injured child as well as her last employer. I am just a concerned parent- I would hate to see this happen to anyone. Just beware on whomever you are seeking to hire- do checks- pay for backgrounds, check with local nanny agencies- just check!! Ultimately you want your child to be safe...anyone can appear to be good....think about it.
Original URL: http://madison.craigslist.org/kid/1150710748.html
________________________________________________________________

17) WANTED: SUPERFUN SITTER OR AT HOME DAYCARE, READ REQUIREMENTS!! (NEAR BRIDGEVIEW)
I am the mom of a wnderful two year old boy. He loves other kids, painting, playing outside, learning, bubbles, balls, music,water, animals and birds, etc. He is pottytraining,but needs his pullups regularly checked and changed.. He needs to be working a bit on his colors, shapes,etc. He needs a lot of space to run around and play, and must be in an enviroment where he is allowed to explore. No playpens,no "leashes".If I'm paying you, you should be watching him. He needs one nap a day,although he may have already taken one before he came,so you may not need to give him one. He enjoys speaking Polish or Spanish, so any enviroment where he could learn more of that would be ideal. He can be dramatic about seperation from his parents, and I would expect you to at least try to calm him down.He is clingy when scared. You MUST have references, and they really will be checked.No references can be relatives. Sittercity verufication a plus.A clean but lived in enviroment is fine. I dont need sparkles except in his eyes:) You must not physically punish my son, but would be expected to maintain the timeout method hes accostumed to. Pay would preferably be biweekly, or weekly if absolutely necessary. Animals are okay if he is allowed to interact with them.If you have a daycare in your home, and you have animals, then they should be ok with kids.If they arent, then you shouldnt have them or your daycare in your home.State licensing not necessary. Safety, reliability,friendliness are priorities.Sunscreen in the summer is a MUST!!He would be picked up by 6:30 pm latest. You must maintain an opendoor policy in the sense that if we choose to "popin" or call to see whats going on, we better be able to. This should go without saying,but no smoking, drinking, narcotics,weoponry,sharp objects, around my son. Cigarette smoking outside while you can see him,even if hes outside, doesnt really bother me.Not a fan of the idea of you smoking, but as long as hes not exposed to the second hand smoke or ashes its fine. Please include rates,be it hourly weekly daily;and location with reply. Please excuse the tone of frustration, but after seeing this many "daycares" and sitters, you get a bit exhausted.We need to move quickly on this,but if you see the ad we havent committed yet.We're really pretty laid-back people,not that you could tell from this ad.. lol. We don't want to partake in dramatics, we just want to have the perfect place for our son to play.(We also want you to save and send home his art). We need happy,fun and stable. Thank you, craigslists crazy lady for thursday. PS people who are part of the online dramatics regularly on this forum, please do not respond.
Original URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/kid/1159033810.html
___________________________________________________

.... How Much?!

* Now for the other side of the payscale spectrum:

18) Babysitter Wanted For The Occasional Date Night Out (Aurora IL)
We're looking to find a wonderful babysitter who we can entrust with our life (aka our 4-month-old baby daughter!) for the occasional date night out. Ideal candidate would be experienced with infants, responsible, trust worthy, non smoker, just an all around excellent human being, lol. This would be our first time leaving her with a sitter (we have no family in the area) so please be understanding if the mom is a nervous wreck! Would love to build a relationship with the babysitter and form a friendship. Please email me with your experience, a little bit about yourself, and why we should hire you. We'll pay you REALLY well, you just have to be the right fit. Thanks for looking! Compensation: $25/hr +
Original URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/dmg/1160121830.html
_____________________________________________________________

19) Summer Sitters (Brooklyn)
We are looking for a pair of babysitters to share this job. We have a list of 50 things to do and see - something new each day. Must be outdoor types who love nature. Nuturing and responsible. With some additional skills like swimming, science, art, carpentry, piano, dance, gardening, cooking, etc. Valid drivers license a major plus. Start: Mid-June to the end of August with 2 weeks off as negotiated. Rate: $200 a week per person
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/kid/1151268898.html
_____________________________________________________________

20) Looking to hire a Mothers Helper (New Haven)
I am currently looking to hire a mothers helper to come into my home 2-3 times a week, for about 2-3 hours per day. The pay would range between $8-9 per hour. I have 2 children, my daughter is 3 1/2, and my son is 15 months. I am also due to have my third child in 5 weeks. I am looking for someone who is CPR certified along with First Aid. Also would be willing to be trained in Seizures, and Emergency Medications and plans. Also would be trained to learn about the Ketogenic diet. This person should be kind, loving, soft spoken and LOVE children! Will do outside activites, arts and crafts, reading, singing and dancing, or just watching a movie and cuddling! This position is not for someone who needs to bring there own children. Its perferred that you have children, or experience with children, but unfortunately they cannot come along. Please provide resume if possible, along with 3 personal references. We also will conduct a background check as well after interview. ~I am also looking to find someone who would be willing to come and watch my children while I am in labor with this 3rd baby. So please apply if you are interested in doing that as well. This person should have all the same qualifications, and would be willing to come even if I go into labor during the middle of the night. Pay will be discussed.
Original URL: http://burlington.craigslist.org/kid/1146336528.html
_____________________________________________________________

21) This is what we are looking for (Central Vermont)
We are looking for a sitter who will be reliable,fun,energetic,loves kids,has experience and references.We are willing to pay 25.00 a day but not more then that since you are going to be in our home.We understand this sounds low,but it's not a full 8 hrs,it will be 6 at the most and only 4 days a week.Our children are pretty independent,they just need someone to keep them entertained and make sure they are safe.We would require references and we will check them.If this sounds like something you are interested in or you know someone that might be of help please let me know by responding back to this ad.We would like to get this set before the children are out of school so the kids can get acquainted with you. Thank you
Original URL: http://burlington.craigslist.org/kid/1146856694.html
_____________________________________________________________

22) Babysitter needed asap (Springfield)
Looking for babysitter to work on Mondays through Friday from 8:45am to 2:30 pm for 100.00 a week. Pay will increase alittle in a couple of weeks. I am looking for a clean, non-smoker and patient babysitter that takes good care of my child and interacts and feeds him. I need someone with their own transporation and that has a cellphone for emergencies. Sitting will occur in my home. Someone who is responsible and knows how to care for a child. Serious babysitters only!!!
Original URL: http://westernmass.craigslist.org/kid/1154980518.html
_____________________________________________________________

23) I need a babysitter w/ experience (Midland/Tacoma)
We are located about 3 minutes away from the Pacific Exit off Hwy 512 and are in need of someone with experience to watch 6 kiddos on occasion. We pay 10.00/hr+ depending on experinece and would need 3 referrals from other child-related experiences. This is an on-call position that would most likely turn out to be 2-6 hours a week. Please let us know if you're interested and if you're available this Thursday. Thank you:)
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/kid/1156186849.html
_____________________________________________________________

24) Full Time Nanny for Twins (1 year old) (Upper Marlboro)
Christian Upper Marlboro family in need of full time nanny to care for 1 year old twins (boy and girl) in their home starting Monday June 1, 2009. Looking to employ Nanny until children are at least 2 or 3 years old. Must have experience and excellent references. Also, must have own mode of transportation. One paid week of vacation is included after 90 day grace period. Kids already have a schedule developed that parents would like to be followed. Duties include basic infant care, changings, feedings, childrens laundry, washing dishes/bottles, daily reading, and activities. Hours are Monday-Friday, 7:00am-6:30pm Family will be conducting candidate interviews on Saturday May 9, 2009. Please be able to provide Valid Driver's License, SSN Card, Work Visa if applicable, Reference letters, and Updated CPR Certification. Location Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20774 Pay Rate $500/Week
Original URL: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/dmg/1155704107.html

* Response from angry CL reader:

25) RE: Full Time Nanny Wanted for Twins (Cheapskate MD)
Gel real. You expect quality care for YOUR children for a mere $8.33/hr?! You expect people to work twelve hour days, 60 hours a week, basially raising your children for this amount. For all your expectations and demands upon the person you hire, did you ever consider what they might need? After all, it is the person with whom you are trusting with your childrens' lives, raising YOUR children. You get the quality you are willing to pay for. I have worked in the child care field for six years, two of them as a nanny, and I would never even consider this job. Anything under $10/hr ( and that is still low) when you expect them to work this much is ludicrous ad shows you are ony looking for cheap help and do not care about the quality of the education and experience your children should gain from this experience. Quit being so cheap or consider this: raise oyur own children!
Original URL: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/dmg/1156168615.html
_____________________________________________________________

26) Childcare in my home $10 a day (Ryans Well Area in Fulton)
I am a stay at home mom and would love to babysit in my home for others that cannot afford daycare. I have a 5 year old and she would love to have someone to play with for the summer. I will provide all snacks and meals. I am located in the Ryans Well Area. Please contact me at 662-585-****. My name is Celina.
Original URL: http://northmiss.craigslist.org/kid/1148995634.html
_____________________________________________________________

27) Part time babysitter needed ASAP (Hobart IN)
I need a part time babysitter for an over night position. 2-3 days per week. Hours needed would typically start at 8:15 pm and can leave by 4:15 am at the latest or whenever you wake up. I put the kids to bed. There will not be much work involved. Some nights you may be done by midnight. This would be an ideal job for a highschool or college student. Under 17 yrs of age please do not apply. If interested, please call Tiffany at 219-487-**** $30/night.
Original URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/dmg/1161287987.html
_____________________________________________________________

28) WANTED: LIVE IN NANNY (LV)
I'm looking for live in nanny 30-40 hours a week. I have 2 kids ages 3& 6, I'm looking mature lady 35+ for live some that live in only pay $120-130 weekly plus free room and board if your interested email me at creece2007@****
Original URL: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/kid/1160263539.html
_____________________________________________________________

29) Seeking flexible sitter(s) (Centennial Hills)
I am seeking a full time flexible sitter to watch my 4 year old daughter up to 5 nights a week. I work @ 7:00 pm, and would need you here by 6:30 pm. When my schedule changes I will work @ 9 pm and won't need you untill 8:30 pm. She goes to sleep @ 9-10pm so she will mostly be sleeping. I generally work until 1 am, but some night's will work untill 5 am. Nightcare is $30/night. Light cleaning get's you $40 a night. Light cleaning includes: Swiffer kitchen, vacuum, wipe counters, and dishes. Pay is $600-800/mo. Also seeking occassional on call sitters. Pay is $4/hr. Kristie Manning 808-226-****
Original URL: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/dmg/1159676387.html
_____________________________________________________________

Special thanks to: alc0035 - for our FeatureAd, northjerseynanny, i.am.not.your.bitch.2009, cityshopper1023, MissDee, Faery71278, umrebelfan and kimmysauce626... all of you did a great job! Remember: CL-WTF will be Posted every Saturday... please send next weeks Ads HERE.

TO LEAVE A COMMENT: PLEASE CLICK RIGHT HERE!!

2 comments: