Sunday

CL - WTF?

Photobucket Saturday, January 31, 2009
.... What?!

1) Full-time nanny needed $1000/week (Upper West Side)
Lovely family living on the Upper Westside seeks caring and patient nanny for their 13 month old daughter. Position is live-in, providing 24/5 coverage. Coverage begins 8am on Monday until 8am on Saturday. Two working parents [mom will begin work as a doctor and will have to work on-call and dad works long hours and travels extensively] Little girl has reflux and food allergies issues and nanny will be asked to stay in baby's room until issues are resolved. Baby has two night time feeds. Once baby is able to sleep through the night, nanny will have own private bedroom with private bath. Very understanding and respectful family and would like someone to stay with them longterm. Please be legal as family travels internationally. Please also have 5 years of experience working with families. Would prefer a nanny who has experience with reflux. If you would like to be considered for this position please email your resume and send us a cover letter telling us a little bit about yourself.
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/kid/1004922962.html
___________________________________________________________

2) NEEDED: Your SitterCity.com Log-in - I will pay for 1x use (Philadelphia)
Ok, here's the deal. I put a child care request on Sittercity.com. Once I find a babysitter, I don't need to use the site anymore. However, to view babysitter's contact information you need log in credentials, and I don't want to pay $50.00 for this one time thing. If you have a username/password to SitterCity.com, I will paypal you $10 to use it so I can get the contact info for the babysitters that applied to my childcare job. You can even change the password after I use it! Thanks
Original URL: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/kid/1013762837.html
___________________________________________________________

3) Fashion Industry Mom looking for a babysitter at Office (New York)
Fashion Industry mom looking for an experienced babysitter part time in my office. Ideal candidate will be dedicated to my nine month old son, and may also have an interest in the fashion industry. Learn about the business while baby naps! I am looking for someone that can start immediately on Tuesdays only for now, but may turn into 3 days a week. PLease provide several references. Compensation: I can offer college credit and a small day rate which is negotiable for the right candidate
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/dmg/1011657497.html
___________________________________________________________

4) Wet Nurse available in Morris County (Morristown Area)
Hi! I have a really flexible schedule right now, as long as my four month old can come with me. I have a van and can come to your house while you can't be with your baby, or he or she can come to mine. I've been breastfeeding my baby since she was born and make a concerted effort to eat mostly home made organic food. Obviously I will continue doing this as long as I'm feeding any baby. Please email me for my number or with any questions. Compensation: to be discussed and decided based on your family's needs
Original URL: http://newjersey.craigslist.org/dmg/1012015830.html
___________________________________________________________

5) baby sitting (St. Paul)
im looking for a female babysitter 13 or older, hour vary from time to time, $12 hour, can drive my truck when working for me, must be able to deal with kids in the right way, u can watch me girls at ur home or mine plz email me at sthockey9@**** p.s. i have two girls abby 11 almost 12 jackie is 10
Original URL: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dmg/1007748153.html
___________________________________________________________

6) I need a sitter tonight (Norfolk)
I am in need of a night out, so if you are interested in babysitting please let me know! I have a 3 year old daughter who is very good. I will probably need you from 8-2am and will pay $25. 757 275-****
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1005608607.html
___________________________________________________________

7) Seeking cheerful energetic FT nanny for 3.5 yo girl (Downtown Chicago)
Hi We live in downtown Chicago, and are looking for a cheerful energetic person to care for our daughters between 8:30am - 6:30pm. We are looking for someone who will be part of our family, and very involved in all activities. Going to the park/ zoo/ museums, craft acitivities, swimming etc. are easy to access. Light housekeeping, cooking meals for the child, etc. will be part of the expectations. Driving is a must. We are looking for someone who has at least 5 years of experiences, and will be requiring references. Our daughter will be in school from 11:30 - 3pm, and so those hours will essentially be free, and the person is free to do whatever they want at that time (payment will also be adjusted accordingly!) We are happy to look at creative options - for eg. if you have a 3-5 yr old daughter you want to bring along, that is an option for you. If you are interested in spending time in the city we can provide live in accommodation (again payment/ hours will be adjusted) but keep in mind that we live in a small apartment and at best you will get a couch / air mattress! If interested, please call me at 312 938 **** or email me at sandhyas@****
Original URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/kid/1009552630.html
___________________________________________________________

8) Julie (or moooooooom if your 1 of my children) (Little Elm)
I'm a stay at home mother of 4, home with my little boy(4 years)the other 3 are in school. My baby years are over so I would love an infant to hold and cuddle all day but then my son would also like a playmate so I am open to any age. My home is clean; non smoking. I do have a big black lab but she's gentle. I would prefer a child that is also from a non smoking home (allergies). My son does watch some TV during the day but like me, he gets bored with it easily so it's mostly background noise. For discipline I don't spank (my kids are pretty well behaved so I don't need to. Besides that just leads to more crying doesn't it?) My little one usually just gets sent to his room and can come out when he wants to listen or when he stops crying. E-mail me if you are interested or have any questions.. I am available from 6am until 6pm, but those are flexible. $150/1 child $200/2. I am willing to do a background check at your request and/or e-mail you some references.
Original URL: http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/kid/1013621554.html
___________________________________________________________

9) UPSCALE Nanny for UPSCALE Family (Beverly Hills, Belair, W. Hollywood)
Greetings, I aim my nanny services at upper-scale families who require more than a common baby sitter. I come from a well to do family (doctor/real estate) and understand that you prefer someone with class, intelligence, and poise to influence your children, not just a person to change diapers. I am a LIFELONG honor student - who has never received a grade lower than an A - and can help instill virtue and manners as well as be an enthusiastic playmate and best friend to your child/children. I began my career at the age of 13 (now 20) and have many excellent references. I also have a deep love of animals and am proficient in caring for all types of pets. So, if you require a nanny with sophistication, responsibility, and virtue to guide and care for your children while you are busy taking care of business, you needn't look any further. best wishes, Jennifer 510-502-****
Original URL: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/kid/1012957282.html
___________________________________________________________

10) Alternative Babysitter Available (Seattle)
A Picture is Worth A Thousand Words..... Please Click Link!
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/kid/1014913525.html
_______________________________________________

.... How Much?!

11) Live in Nanny for 3 yo boy (Wed. 2pm-Sat. 2pm) (Upper East Side)
Looking for a really responsible, wonderful, caring person (LIVE IN ONLY) knowledgeable of young children. MUST HAVE REFERENCES. Trips to the park, museums, zoo, and cultural fairs, etc. are encouraged. Prefer someone who is studying or graduated from Arts program, or who is artistic and creative person. If you are enthusiastic about childcare and teaching and watching children grow, please send us your resume! This is a 3 day per week live-in position, great accommodations, your own room with bathroom. Compensation: $100 a day/$300 from wed. 2 pm to sat.2 pm -Excellent English -A second language (Spanish/Chinese/French preferred) -Professional, verifiable, and recent references -Do not smoke, regularly or socially -Have the ability to provide a creative environment, which fosters trust, self-esteem, independence and learning. Cooking skills (very healthy cooking for a child) with extensive menu. Pls. email your: 1. age? 2. what country are you from? 3. where do you live now? 4. do you have any children? ages? where do they live? 5. are you married? Boyfriend? 6. how long of a job are you looking for? 7. any experience? references? 8. experience with cooking ? 9 how long in the US ? 10. what languages do you speak.
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/lab/1012418599.html
___________________________________________________________

12) PT Nanny and Light Cleaning (Burbank)
Looking for a responsible, cheerful and competent woman to live in our great extra room with its own bath and entrance. Requesting help with childcare (one 9 and one 11 year old) and some cleaning in exchange for a great price on rent. (The room at full price goes for $800). I am a single mom and home owner with two terrific kids. We live in a super convenient and tranquil Burbank neighborhood. Looking for someone with child care experience, a positive attitude and good references. Drivers license would be a plus. No smoking, pets, or overnight guests permitted. Please respond to this posting by email or feel free to call at 323.697.****
Original URL:http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/dmg/1005029800.html
___________________________________________________________

13) BABYSITTER NEEDED (NLV)
You would be babysitting a 18 month old in my home. No housework required. REQUIRENMENTS: over 18 valid drivers lisence must be able to be on call CPR prefered P.S. DO NOT E-MAIL ME IF YOU ARE CHARGING A TON OF MONEY! A TON MEANING MORE THEN $7 AN HOUR. I AM PAYING YOU TO SIT INFRONT OF MY TV AND WATCH MY SON. DONT CHARGE MORE THEN A DAY CARE!!! AND PLEASE DONT REPLY IF YOU ARE A LICENCED DAY CARE, I JUST DONT WANT A LICENSED DAY CARE SORRY.
Original URL: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/kid/1010504022.html

** Response from angry CL reader about the above Ad:

14) RE: Babysitting (NLV) - 18 mo
Did you guys SEE this posting? So, I'm a parent just looking around to maybe share a nanny with someone so my twin 2-year-old girls can become more social with other children. This "parent" posted that they want someone to come to THEIR home to watch their 18-month-old, but no sitter should contact them if charging an outrageous amount of money which THEY CONSIDER TO BE NO MORE than $7 per hour. THE POSTER FLAT OUT STATED they are paying "you" (the sitter) TO SIT IN FRONT OF THE TV AND WATCH THEIR CHILD. You have to be kidding me...seriously? THAT is an oxy-moron (I emphasize the word "MORON"). I've never "sat in front of the TV and watched an 18-month-old (or 2). Oh, and the KICKER is... ON CALL HOURS, no set hours listed for the sitter.., so they're not even promised a full week at the MEASLY $7 per hour. WHAT A GREAT AND AWESOME BABYSITTING POSITION!!!! FIRST PIECE OF ADVICE... if you can't afford over $7 an hour, than SAY SO. There's nothing wrong with that, because ACCUSING people who charge MORE than $7 an hour of being outrageous or ridiculous in their pricing is ridiculous! All I know is; just seeing this posting reinforces that I must be a GREAT parent compared to you, because it seems to me that if the parent expects the sitter to plop their butt in front of the TV, THAT's EXACTLY WHAT THEY DO AS A PARENT. SHAME ON YOU! YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE EVER EVER BROUGHT A CHILD INTO THIS WORLD IF THAT'S THE KIND OF PARENT YOU ARE. ESPECIALLY NOT EVEN TRYING TO FIND A GOOD SITTER WHO WILL ACTUALLY STIMULATE AND PLAY AND TEACH YOUR CHILD!!!! YOU ACTUALLY STATED THE JOB DESCRIPTION IS SITTING IN FRONT OF THE TV. Un...BEE....LIEVEABLE!!! It's parents like YOU that raise overweight, unhealthy, unstimulated and socially inept, self-esteem deprived adults!! Guess the taxes my child will pay one day will be paying for your child's welfare one day, since they won't have enough self-confidence to even make anything of themselves, having been raised by some lazy, selfish person like you. I HOPE YOU READ THIS AND I HOPE IT'S A WAKE UP CALL FOR YOU. YOUR CHILD IS THE MOST PRECIOUS PERSON YOU WILL **EVER, EVER** HAVE IN YOUR LIFE, and RAISING that child will be THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU EVER DO...EVER. And I'm not just some "other" parent ranting at you... I'm a child and family psychiatrist (yup, med school and everything) and most of my patients come from parents like you. Your child is 18-months old and you need to step up to the plate and make your child your NUMBER ONE priority NOW, like every other GOOD parent out there.
Original URL: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/kid/1011339036.html
___________________________________________________________

15) I need a nanny! (San Diego)
I'm looking for a live in nanny. You would be in charge of watching my 3 year old daughter from 6 p.m. until noon the next day for 2-3 days a week (I work 5 shifts every 2 weeks). I am a nurse who works from 7 to 7 but I need someone to play watch her while I'm asleep. Your compensation would be a room in our home and access to our food OR $100/night. A clean driving record is necessary. No drugs or overnight male guests.
Original URL: http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/kid/1006594798.html
___________________________________________________________

16) nanny (Wagram NC)
i am a single mother of 7 yes thats right 7 and i need some help if interrested please contact me.... my name is angel.... Compensation: 20.00-30.00 a day depending on how long im gone
Original URL: http://fayetteville.craigslist.org/edu/1009502791.html
___________________________________________________________

17) ***Needed--- In Home Childcare for 8 mo *** (Katy)
I am looking for a reliable, trustworthy and kind person to watch my daughter and help with my grandmother in my home. I live in Katy (Fry Rd and Saums). My daughter is 8 months old and she would be the main focus. My grandmother is 86 but still fully mobile. Care for her would entail cooking a meal daily at lunch and helping with a bath two times per week. My daughter is advanced for her age and that is in large part to the woman who watches her now working with her all day every day. Light housekeeping duties will be needed as well. Hours would be Monday-Friday from 8am through 6pm. Some days may run a little over 6pm as I do not have a set time off everyday. Every other Saturday would be required from 8-4, but on those weeks, Tuesday would be provided off. Pay will be $300 per week (for 5 days of work). We will need someone to start in about 2 weeks. The lady watching my daughter now is taking a job that provides benefits. If you are interested, please email me. We will need to do a background check and need references to check. Thanks so much.
Original URL: http://houston.craigslist.org/kid/1009126987.html
___________________________________________________________

18) Nanny position available asap (Sugarland)
I am looking for a nanny to care for my two beautiful boys in my home. Pay is $50.00 per day. I just lost a wonderful nanny due to school conflicting with work. The hours are Wed. thru Sat. 3:15p.m.-2:00a.m. That is $200.00 per week plus I offer a bonus for light house work. Please contact me at 832-359-0262, ask for shiela. This is perfect for a college student since we have two computers plus wireless internet if you have a lap top, and the kids go to bed by 8 p.m. so you will have ample time to study!
Original URL: http://houston.craigslist.org/kid/1012554249.html
___________________________________________________________

19) Full Time nanny wanted for infant son (Oak Lawn/Uptown)
Hello, I am looking for someone to care for my infant son when I return to work. The right person must have their own transportation, be a non-smoker, and comfortable with large dogs (although the job will not require any care of our pet, unless you enjoy playing/walking him). We need someone who can give 5 days/week (days may vary) and available between 9am-5pm to start immediately. There could be days where you are only needed a couple of hours, however we will still pay your weekly rate regardless of how much you have worked. There could also be potential of additional babysitting work, if desired. Weekly starting rate:$125-$175/week depending on experience, rate could increase after preliminary weeks of employment and depending on work ethic. Candidate must agree to background check and provide references. If you are interested please contact me at the above email address. Please include in your email, your name, contact information, and why you are interested in child care. Prefer college students. Not open to other homes, in my home only please. No single mothers please. Thank you!
Original URL: http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/kid/1008595086.html
___________________________________________________________

20) Babysitter/Nanny needed (NW Las Vegas)
I'm in need of someone to come to my house to watch my 4mth old son. We need someone from 6am-3pm M-F. I'd prefer someone with a sheriffs card or willing to do a background check. Need to love being with kids and pet friendly. I don't mind if your a smoker, you just can not smoke in my house. The max amount I can afford is $165/wk. I realize it's not much, but any more than that and it's not worth it for me to work (which unfortunately our health insurance is through me, so I need to work.) Please don't respond if you can't come to me or expect more pay than that. I am not asking for you to do any cleaning, cooking, etc, anything extra other than taking excellent care of my little angel. If interested please send me some basic info about yourself, experience with children, contact # with best time to reach you. I'm scheduling interviews as of now until the end of the week. Thank you and have a great day!!!
Original URL: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/kid/1006232070.html
___________________________________________________________

21) Looking for an affordable Part Time Nanny (Longmont)
We are looking for a reliable nanny to take care of our 1.5 yr old. we are just looking for few hours a day.You can pick your days. Our timing is flexible because I am a SAHM and need some time to finish chores around the house. This could be perfect for a college student, looking to make extra money without much effort. Please contact me if you are willing to do this for me for no more than $5 or $6 per hour.
Original URL: http://boulder.craigslist.org/kid/1005954958.html

** Response from angry CL reader about the above Ad:

22) RE: Looking for affordable Nanny
To the mom who is looking for an affordable nanny, I would suggest hiring a highschool student because I dont know many people over 18 who can live off of $5 an hr in Boulder County. It's less then minimum wage! Do you have any idea how much college is? Honestly! $5hr? Are you joking? Try a highschool student around 15yrs old that doesnt have a car payment, rent, college tuition, or food to worry about. However, when I was in highschool in the 90s I made $8/hr so on second thought, you better rethink that $5/hr. All I can say is Good Luck!!!
Original URL: http://boulder.craigslist.org/kid/1007879636.html
___________________________________________________________

23) Seeking Part Time, Reliable Nanny (Fresno/Missouri City)
The job: We are seeking a reliable, fun Nanny to watch our two girls (ages 3 1/2 years and 1 year) on a part time basis. The hours would be around 25/week and the pay is $150/week. No housekeeping or extra duties are required, except that you leave the house in the condition you found it each day. About us: My husband works full time and I will be working in my home office, so I will need someone to watch the kids while I am here, and occasionally I will go out as well. We are an educated, outgoing couple looking for someone who is intelligent and can bring some fun and maybe a little education to our children. Both girls are extremely bright, fun and very friendly. We hope for someone they can come to love and trust and feel is part of their family. The hours: Since my job is flexible, so will yours be. I would prefer to stick with a schedule, but it is one that you can help create around school or whatever else you may already have going on. I would prefer something like this: 10am - 3pm Mon-Thu 5pm - 9pm Friday Serious inquiries, please e-mail back a little about yourself and a contact number where you can be reached, and the best time to catch you. We will be conducting interviews over the next week and hope for our new Nanny to begin work within the first weeks of February. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
Original URL: http://houston.craigslist.org/kid/1013225749.html
___________________________________________________________
Thank you for all of the great Ads we received this week.... Oddly, all but one were Anonymous! So, northjerseynanny has the distinct honor of being the only named Contributor this week! Remember: CL-WTF will be Posted every Saturday... please send next weeks Ads HERE.

TO LEAVE A COMMENT FOR CL-WTF: PLEASE CLICK HERE!!!

1 comment:

MaryPoppin'Pills said...

Please Click Link Above for Comments! Don't Leave Them Here.