Saturday

Winter Boots

No matter if you are a preschool teacher trying to get 20 children dressed for outdoor play or if you are a nanny of children all different ages, you will read this and see yourself( if you live in the cold and snowy areas).

My principal emailed this to me:


winter boots:

Johnny asked for help and she could see why.

With her pulling and pushing, the boots didn't want to go on.

When the second boot was on, she was out of breath.

She almost whimpered when little Johnny said, "teacher/nanny they are on the wrong feet."


she looked and sure enough, they were. It wasn't any easier pulling the boots off than putting them on. She managed to keep her cool as they worked together to get the boots back on-this time the right feet.


Little Johnny then announced, 'these aren't my boots!"


she bit her tongue rather than scream, "why didn't you say the before!?"like she wanted to. Once again she struggled to help him pull his boots off.


He then said , "these aren't my boots. My mom made me wear them!"


she didn't know if she should laugh or cry. She mustered up the grace to wrestle the boots back onto his feet again. She said "now where are your mittens?"


little Johnny said, " i stuffed them in the toes of my boots......


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh dear! I would probably cry at that point! Luckily I don't have any issues getting my girls boots on or my nephews, phew!

True Blue Me said...

LOL Years ago probably from my own experience I know if the shoe don't fit check the toes. I still have a habit of sticking my socks in there lol.