Tuesday

More About Former Nanny Chef Amanda

I graduated Culinary school in 2009 and worked at a few different places for a couple years. I ended up hopping around quite a bit, i would get tired of the same routine everyday and every week at each job. I was working at a Mediterranean grocery store that also had a restaurant bar and bakery. I really enjoyed the people but found myself in the same situation as my other jobs, bored. A girl i worked with knew how much i loved kids and told me about an opportunity to teach a cooking class at a Montessori her mom worked at. I went for an interview, got the job and have been here for almost 2 years now. I absolutely love teaching the kids and being a positive, loving presence in their life. they love to cook and are always eager to learn something new. I have noticed that if i don't force them but strongly encourage them instead, after a while they become more interested in trying new foods.




Spinach and Kale Greek Yogurt Dip


1 (17-ounce) container of 2% Greek yogurt (or about 2 cups of your favorite)
3 tablespoons mayonnaise (real mayo)
2 tablespoons honey
1 cup finely chopped kale
1 cup finely chopped spinach
3 thin green onions, finely chopped
1/3 cup finely chopped red pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped carrot (we grated the carrots it was a lot easier for them.)
2 garlic cloves, finely minced or pressed (we used a fine grater)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
if desired, chopped water chestnuts and chopped marinated artichoke hearts

Directions:

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well to combine. The key is to chop everything as finely as possible! This dip is extra flavorful after it sits for a few hours (refrigerated of course). Taste and season more if desired. Serve with chips, crackers or vegetables.


This dip is very flavorful and the kids love it.

No comments: