I've been working with the family I've been with almost 5 months. I'm now on the fence about quitting because I feel it's a little to late to approach her with these things. Im honestly tired of being nickeled and dimed and treated like an indentured servant. I deserve better. Dont get me wring they aren't rude or disrespectful to me. Don't leave me with a long list of chores and are nice people. I feel like sitting down with her could resolve my issues with the position but I feel it's a little to late of both parts. Ilove her kids but at the end of the day I have needs. I get NO PTO (Paid time off) or sick days- I've been sick a few times since I started this position and have never said a word about it and still came to work. I've never wanted to call out because once it hits me its mostly the night before and I think that's to short of notice. What should I do. I still need to be paid. NO Paid vacation- they are planning a week long vacation and I believe they are planning on just not paying me for the entire week. For me this will not work out. I have a monthly budget and this will set me back if we do do so. When i sat down and talked to MB about a similar topic (Guaranteed hours) and it somewhat got resolved. It works for them, not so much for me We came to the conclusion that if there was ever a time she didn't need me she would calculate the hours and I would make them up. For example if she came home early or decided to stay home. Now that I think about this a kinda feel like an indentured servant and that she should be paying for my availability on the days and times she stated she would need me. I have decided to let this go and go with the flow because I should have added what I wanted in the contract in the beginning and went over this at the interview. So I know for next time. Pretty much I'm ready to quit and find something else but the smart way. Since I don't have my license yet I already know this puts me at the low end of the nanny jobs basically people want someone who drives. Is it a smart idea to wait it out in this position until I get my license and then find something else. It will take me about eight months. Or should I just quit now. I also have drawn up my own detailed contract addressing the issues above. I really love this family outside of these issues. What should I do????
Approach or Quit?
at 3:00 AM