Tuesday

Hello From New Zealand!

opinion 1
Hello, I have been following your blog very cool! I am from New Zealand and am desperate to move to N.Y next year and fulfill my dream of being a nanny. I will have completed my Early childhood degree by then, so will be qualified. I was wanting to know if anyone knew how I go about finding a job without doing the au pair programme? I do not have a US passport or visa... I am unsure who to even talk to about getting these things. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks sooo much :-)

4 comments:

Phoenix said...

you need to get your passport and working visa first. Then think about trying to find a job. I'm sure when you apply for your passport with your government you can ask them about how to contact the US about a working visa. I honestly don't know how to do that because all the people in my state work here illegally without them :)

Manhattan Nanny said...

It is very difficult to get a work visa now days. Families coming from abroad can bring a nanny, and people on student visas are allowed to work a set number of hours and often get nanny jobs, but to come on your own to work for an American family the au pair program is really the best way.

slb3334 said...

It depends on what type of visa you want to get. I know that in the national parks they hire a lot of international students on visas for 3 months. Really irritates me as they don't want to hire Americans as they'd have to pay more.

Just My Two Cents Just Now said...

You could get a family to sponsor you perhaps.