Saturday

Garfield Park in Chicago, Illinois

bad nanny sighting If your son has dark red hair, is between 3-5 years old and plays in Garfield park with his 30 something year old Latina nanny...you should consider getting a new nanny.

She doesn't watch your child. He is climbing on very high structures with only socks on. A fall -which seemed imminent- would be a certain broken bone. She is certainly not teaching him or helping him. He isn't learning how to interact appropriately with other children because he is completely ignored. When I tried to find who was with this child she did not identify herself, as she was paying so little attention she didn't even hear me questioning everyone. She had a hat pulled down and was on the phone for over 1/2 hour ignoring him. He could have been hurt, taken or anything. She absolutely does not care about your child. This is clear.

When I finally identified her because he ran to her (he had been playing alone unattended for an hour), she was dismissive and rude. I pointed out she was hired to care for a child and she just kept talking on the phone. She is, bar none, the worst nanny I have encountered. Something bad eventually will happen, and you will have no way of knowing if it was preventable, because she will say, "He was just playing...he's such an active boy... and I was standing RIGHT there and he fell. There was nothing I could do--it happened so fast." I guarantee you will have this conversation. And I hope it is that conversation and not that he has been snatched by a stranger, because I could have taken him screaming from the park and she wouldn't have looked up. She was far away and completely immersed in her call. If she did it that day, she does it every day.
______________________________________
To the OP: the City and State wasn't specified so I looked up Garfield Park. If I am incorrect, please let me know. Thank you!

11 comments:

Just My Two Cents Just Now said...

I hope the parents of this little boy see this and fire that nanny ASAP!! You said she was Latina..perhaps she doesn't speak English which is why she didn't respond to you when you tried to talk to her.
Regardless, this poor boy is not being properly supervised and his parents need to find a more competent nanny for him.

ChiNanny said...

When did this happen? If it was Chicago, it is 20 degrees outside with snow on the ground, how was the kid only in socks!?!

alex said...

I pray the parents find this! Or if they don't maybe someone who knows their son and nanny will!

OP, please try other avenues because the parents may not know about this site and they need to know about their nanny!!

worried mommy said...

Is there any way you could follow her if you see her again? I can't imagine the poor parents not knowing about this, and they may not see this post!! If it were my child, I hope that someone would fine me to tell me.....

Ana said...

There is also a Garfield Park in South Pasadena, CA and in San Francisco, CA.

Bostonnanny said...

I agree that there must be a way for OP to post something on a local website so either the parents or someone who knows the parents will find out. Please try OP. This poor boy needs an advocate NOW!

Bostonnanny said...

Hey fake bostonnanny please change your moniker that one belongs to me!

Bostonnanny One said...

Oh sorry original Bostonnanny.

FYI said...

There is also a Garfield playground/park/community center in Seattle...

NJnannyC said...

OP, you are too nice. I would've ripped the phone right out of her hand! She's paid to watch the child, and NOT talk on the phone, UGHHHH, I don't understand these nannies!

Just My Two Cents Just Now said...

NJ Nannyc...while I agree the Nanny in question was in the wrong, going up to someone and ripping the phone out of their hands would be considered assault in some states.
Better instead to vent on ISYN. LOL.