Wednesday

How Long Should Nanny Wait?

Received Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Perspective and Opinion on ISYN I have a question. My current job is ending at the end of September/early October. I have been interviewing for a lot of positions but haven't had much luck. Its really starting to get stressful but I try to remain positive that I will find something in time. I interviewed with a wonderful family that really seemed interested. That was on monday and its now wednesday. When I left on Monday they didnt really say anything about the exact timing of when they would let me know. I cant stand the suspense. How long should I wait before emailing them? I want them to know I am interested but dont want to come across desperate? What is really the rule of thumb in these type situations?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would send them a quick email saying something like, "Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed our meeting and I hope you did too. If you have any more questions please feel free to call or email me. I would love to work with you and your family and I hope to hear from you soon!" I don't think something like that sounds too pushy. Just a follow-up email stating that you are still interested. Good luck!

NannyT said...

When ever I have interviewed with familys that I felt I had a good connection with, I emailed them within a couple hours after our interview. I basically said everything that kaitlyn and daniel said in thier comment.

Ravenswood Nanny said...

with any interview it is considered appropriate to send a thank you for the time. when i do a nanny interview i always send the following:

"Dear so and so: Thank you for taking the time out to meet with me. I like... about your position. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or concerns. I am available ... for a second interview if needed. Respectfully, so and so."

I usually send this one or two days after. Include some personal tid bit about the interview and your interest.

NannyVal said...

I agree with the previous posters. Always follow up a job interview with a 'thank you' even if you've decided it's not the job for you...it's just professional.That professionalism will show thru and give you a leg up on any competition. And you won't sound desperate if you phrase it as the previous posters suggested, you'll just sound polite.

Donna said...

I agree with the others. Send a follow up email tonight or tomorrow. If you don't hear from them by next week, send another email. Can't hurt you, you'll just seem eager and very interested in the position.

agreed said...

Of course, it's always a good idea to ask (in a polite way) when you can expect to hear back. But I agree with everyone. It's perfectly acceptable to send an email the day of the interview to say it was nice to meet you, I'm itnerested, etc, etc.

Only Dad Here said...

Don't forget to compliment the kids. Also if you can remember anything that the kids enjoy make sure to reference that too.