Tuesday

US Gymnastics - Englewood, NJ.

Received Tuesday, October 7, 2008.
nanny sighting logo Englewood, NJ. Friday Oct 3rd, 3.50pm. At US Gymnastics. A small girl approximately 5 years old in the waiting area, appeared to be alone. Long curly fairish hair, pink fleece jacket. Very sweet child, outgoing, turning cartwheels on the floor. Said she was going to be doing gymnastics soon. Maybe she has an older sibling who does. After about 5 mins Nanny rushes in (African American, tall, heavy set) clearly having thought she had lost the child. Admonishes her harshly, picks her up and almost throws her out the door. What happened outside I dread to think. The child looked terrified. Maybe the nanny was afraid she had lost the child but her first reaction on finding her was not relief at doing so, but absolute rage. If it were my child, the nanny would not be allowed in my child's presence again.

5 comments:

SFGiants Fan said...

Hmmm... that's not too good. Poor girl! Nanny needs to learn how to control her temper.

Anonymous said...

wow thats not okay. Perhaps this little girl had a history of running off? but that doesn't make the nanny less bad, because if this girl did indeed have a tendancy to do that, you'd think that the nanny would know and be extra careful not to let it happen again and again.

so this just seems wrong. A good nanny is relieved to find a missing kid, not because she isn't in trouble anymore but because the kid is safe. This nanny seems odd.

Anonymous said...

Nanny was mad at herself for misplacing the child and took it out on the child, at least that what it sounds like to me.

MaryPoppin'Pills said...

When my son was younger, he used to love playing hide and seek. I remember one time calling for him and he didn't answer and it freaked me out because I didn't know if he had somehow gotten out of the house. I knew deep down he couldn't have, but just the same, when you're calling for your child and they don't answer you, it's a scary feeling.
When I finally found him hiding in the back of a closet, of course I was upset, but when he started giggling, it helped calm me for a minute. He didn't realize what he had just put me through... so I sat him down and explained that "mommy didn't think it was funny", and that the next time I call for him, he needs to answer me.

This Nanny clearly lost her temper, and if she knows that this child has the propensity to wander off, then she needs to explain to her that she should stick close by... and keep a better eye on her when out in Public.

Anonymous said...

I don't understand why you aren't speaking with the people at US Gymnastics in order to find out who the parents are.