Wednesday

Coldwater Canyon Park in Beverly Hills, CA

Received Wednesday, October 8, 2008
nanny sighting logo A very well dressed African American boy of about 2.5 yrs. of age being cared for by a heavy set white nanny, approximately 22 yrs. old. The nanny was arguing with two boys of about 7 & 8, not because they bothered her charge but because they were Yankees fans. The nanny was saying, "the Yankees suck", "Boston kicks ass", "Yankees are dead meat". The little boy she was caring for just clung to her closely and wasn't really playing anything. This nanny isn't the sort that should be caring for such a young child. Her arguing also didn't come off in the way of fun because the nanny of one of the children she was arguing with told her to calm down. Even after being chastised by the other nanny, the nanny took parting shots at the 7 year old boy telling him that he should go home and burn his Yankee hat. (Isn't that like telling him to play with fire?). Back to the way she cared for the little boy in her care, it wasn't good. He had to beg her to push him on the swings. Whilst she did this, she was speaking on her cell phone about plans for the weekend. Very immature plans to do with partying. The little boy was either not being pushed but looking up at her with pleading eyes or getting occasionally pushes on the swing that were not at all even. In fact he more than once went sailing towards the blue metal bar of the swing post. Why? She was using only one hand to push him so she could concentrate on her cell phone. All in all, a strange choice for a nanny. Very young, Irish looking, fair skin, freckles, light brown hair, about 30lbs overweight, wearing blue Jeans, Vans and a plain solid sweatshirt that was burgundy. It had no insignia or design on it at all. The little boy was dressed in super expensive boutique style clothing. This was Tuesday (10/7) at approximately 3:45 PM.

13 comments:

UmassSlytherin said...

Well...the Yankees do suck.

I mean...well. K. But you should watch your mouth in front of children and stuff.

I grew up with two older brothers and of course we are sox fans. However, in all seriousness, it's not really a nanny's place to educate a child on which teams suck. And as I said, you should speak more professionally in front of your charges. Don't tell them to burn stuff too.

But, gosh, the Yankees do suck. Kids should really understand that, to be honest. :)

Anonymous said...

Aw, Umass, this is one post of yours which I cannot agree with (never thought I would see the day)...
I'll say that even if the kids had been Sox fans, the nanny should not have behaved that way .

UmassSlytherin said...

Well my two cents,

you do agree with me because I said, and I quote: "it's not really a nanny's place to educate a child on which teams suck. And as I said, you should speak more professionally in front of your charges. Don't tell them to burn stuff too."

Had I been the nanny, I wouldn't have done it.

Anonymous said...

How immature a nanny to provoke a mere child into an argument over a sports team. She sounds like a pathetic loser, one who tries to be cool but just has never been able to attain it. She also sounds ignorant and uncaring. I hope she gets outed and out of that little boy's life.

Anonymous said...

Verrrry strange nanny. Sounds unstable..way beyond an outcast type trying to look cool. She just sounds WEIRD. I hope this boy's parents see this...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Yes, of course I agree with you, Umass, you always give eminently sound advice, but I just couldn't bear to have the Yankees taken down...

Anonymous said...

"All in all, a strange choice for a nanny. Very young, Irish looking, fair skin, freckles, light brown hair, about 30lbs overweight, wearing blue Jeans, Vans and a plain solid sweatshirt that was burgundy. It had no insignia or design on it at all."

I'm sorry...but whats wrong with a nanny looking like that? I wear jeans and a sweatshirt to work all the time. I just don't get why the description of this nanny has anything to do with how well she was as a nanny, and I'm stating this because the poster said "all in all it was an odd choice for a nanny" then stated her appearance.

I'm not saying that her behaivor was alright, it wasn't. She was immature and rude, who picks fights with random children??? Seriously. but I guess I just got confused at why her appearance was a problem?

UmassSlytherin said...

lol@ my two cents! hahah you're so funny! love it!

Anonymous said...

Well my charge and I 'fight' almost daily about his choice in College football teams. They are a UT family and I'm an Aggie. He loves to say Hook 'em horns and show me with his hand and I always respond back NOOOOOOOOO Gig 'em Aggies. Of course it's all done in fun and he loves to 'tease' me. I would never take it to a serious level with him or any child. There really is no reason to, in the end it's just a silly game.

Anonymous said...

i love...
I think the strange choice for a nanny part had to do with her picking on kids and her appearance was for parents or whoever might see it and be able to id her.

Deni said...

She sounds like a kid herself? Maybe you were over-estimating her age, sounds more like a teenage babysitter to me?

Anonymous said...

txnanny, thats what I thought, I just wanted someone to clarify that it was her behaivor and not her appearance. thank you for clarifying that for me.

and deni, I agree with you. this sounds like a typical teenage babysitter, not a nanny. atleast, I hope thats the case! either way, this child's mom should know that the person she has watching her kids is picking fights with complete strangers, not to mention children!