Tuesday

Gross Point Park in GP/Skokie, Illinois

Received Tuesday, October 30, 2007
I noticed your son as he was playing by himself, seemingly well when I arrived to the park. My son & daughter were excited to arrive at the park and set about in tandem to explore. Soon after, your little boy started acting out, specifically directing his behaviors to my children. I looked around to see an overweight, black nanny sitting on the bench, seemingly unaware. After five minutes, I asked her, "is he yours". and she nodded at me, looked back at her magazine and responded, "Bennie behave yourself". She didn't even make eye contact with him. Four minutes later, "Bennie" was throwing rocks at my daughter. Not counting on the nanny to do anything, I approached the child and asked him not to throw rocks. The child responded, "you can't tell me what to do". I glared at him enough to scare him away, but two minutes later, he was back. I watched from where I sat to see what would happen and right away, he walloped my girl (age 3) with his forearm. I stormed over there and asked him, "why did you hit her". The little boy said, "I didn't hit her". My daughter was not crying. She was shocked. I looked over at the nanny who raised her eyes and looked and me and said, "you need to do something about this boy" and she told me, "your children shouldn't be crowding up around him". (!!!). I asked her, "Did you not see him hit her?" And she looked at me with a bored expression, rolled her eyes and said, "No, you're telling me he hit her". Now she stood up and looked at my daughter, then saw her just standing there and said, "Ah she ain't even crying. Calm down mommy. Them kids is picking up on your hyper energy". I left the park because I was overwhelmed with the desire to hurt this nanny. This happened about two hours ago. Your nanny was reading a paper back with a blue cover and a (white) woman in a pink, flowing dress arching her back. I would imagine that it was a romance novel. I can't recall that many details because I was absorbed with the activity. The nanny was wearing white tennis shoes, the sort that have no laces and you slide your foot in to. The little boy she called Bennie was wearing a navy blue fleece, blue jeans, and Velcro closable white tennis shoes with a basketball design on them. He was probably between 3 and 4.5.