Wednesday

North Park Village Nature Center in Chicago, Illinois

Received Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Time of day: 10am-11am
Nanny: Filipino, around fifty, shoulder length black hair, introduced herself as 'Linda' and told me that her employers live off of Lawrence and send their son to a daycare in Lincoln Park, if that helps to identify them at all.
Children: One girl around 15 months, blond hair, blue eyes, wearing a grey onesie and pink sun hat. One boy blond hair, blue eyes, who turns 4 in October (we had a long conversation about his birthday) and who said that his name is 'Colin.'
Information: Although your kept the children safe overall, there were just a couple of things that I found a bit troubling. While my charge was playing with Colin the nanny wondered off to another part of play area, pulled out her cell phone, parked the stroller and left the little girl strapped in and completely bored out of her mind. The nanny proceeded to talk on the phone. At one point I looked over to see the little girl crying and grabbing out of an ear of corn she had been eating from a few seconds before, which now was being consumed by the nanny, who was still on the phone and completely ignoring her. All the while she had left Colin in my care (a complete stranger). I continued to finish the nature trail with my charge, with Colin trailing with us (and his nanny). Every activity (frog watching, flower hunting, I Spy) that I suggested to my charge, the nanny jumped in and said 'Colin, let's do that with her'. ARGH. Matters got worse when the nanny asked me to watch Colin and the little girl (who was still strapped into the stroller an hour later) while she went to the bathroom. All the while, she prompted Colin to go faster through the nature center in order to make it to McDonalds (because 'mommy gave me twenty dollars to take you there') before his sisters nap time. I am sure that your children are safe with her, but I didn't see her nurturing them at all. Made me really sad.

18 comments:

Psi Beta Mesa College said...

You state that this person wasn't attending to the needs of the children, left them in the care of strangers and yet you then say "I am sure your children are safe with her"? If that is your definition of "safe" YOUR judgment frightens me!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not so sure they're safe with her--you said she left them both with you, a total stranger, out of her sight.

Anonymous said...

I am sure she was just trying to be diplomatic when she said the children were safe, for the most part. False accusations can be legally troublesome, so she was wise to just state facts and not offer opinions.

Anonymous said...

I was a nanny in Brooklyn, NY 7 yrs ago and I saw a lot of 1 yr olds sitting in strollers crying as the nanny ignored them.

Anonymous said...

I think the OP meant that the children were "safe" in that the nanny wasn't hitting them or purposely putting them in harms way. So, let's get off the OP's case about that.

Anonymous said...

Stop attacking the poster and thank her for posting this!.....hopefully the parents who hired this laze bag will see this, and fire her!!!!.........good job OP!

Anonymous said...

11:00 This is an anonymous site...no one is going to sue her for being truthful anymore than anyone is going to sue any of us for saying that this persons' children are not safe with this nanny and if this OP thinks they are then I pity HER children.

Anonymous said...

You all are a bunch of bitches attacking the OP.

Anonymous said...

Small world - I just came on to post about what seems to be the same nanny. She was at the park this morning - right off Lawrence and Ashland. I met Colin and he seems like a brute. The child not only acted barbaric, but the nanny didn't seem to want to displine him. Since it is so windy out I advised Linda that I was taking my charge home...but she said she couldn't stand to sit inside with the little devil. As I walked to the car and got Mitchell all situated I saw Colin's hat fly away and he started to cry. This apparently was a big deal to Linda as she screamed at him in what seemed to be a different langauge. Once the hat flew across Ashland she took Colin to the car and donned an impressive scowl. I think this nanny should be ashamed of herself - you cannot cuss at children - after all...they're just children. I am going to keep going to the park to see if she is there and if so I may try to find out who employs her so I can let them know the situation.
Shameful! I can't allow this to stand. Colin needs us!

Anonymous said...

Another sighting!
I think the lady is now at the Cubs game feeding the children peanuts and cracker jack. On tv a second ago I saw her leave the charge with Carlos Marmol

Anonymous said...

You guys are sooo dramatic

Anonymous said...

For someone who wants to "run with the pact of anonymity," it was kind of stupid to include your full name, huh? Now every freak on the internet is zabasearching you! Do you really think just because of the nature of this site, it is safe to disclose personal info? Have you ever read this blog???

Anonymous said...

sorry for the typo...should say "pack" not "pact."

Anonymous said...

Ones name is hardly personal information these days.

Anonymous said...

One more thing, I am not going to post any more comments, I'm done here and have better things to do. So post what you will about me, but I will not reply.

Anonymous said...

amelia: it is if you dont every whack-o looking up the rest of your personal info. If that is your real name, I am sure I could shock you with the amount of info I could fine on your in less than 15 minutes, but I am not the type to do such a things fortunately. It's just not wise or safe.

Anonymous said...

Did she ever find her charge?

Anonymous said...

yeah on the toilet