Tuesday

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

There were no nanny sightings today. Please send in your sightings and stories.
But in case you missed it...
Secrets of a Manhattan Nanny
In her new movie Scarlett Johansson plays a nanny to a wealthy New York family. For three years, Times correspondent Kate Johnson was the real thing:
"I arrived in New York, aged 27, for a holiday – and stayed. Nanny friends got me a job: I had no experience, but I had an English accent, which Upper East Siders loved (especially when their kids copied it). I lived in a tiny studio apartment on East 85th Street. The hours were long: starting before the parents left for work, finishing after they arrived home. Being in their home all day meant I knew far too much about them: medical prescriptions, arguments, I even knew how often one couple had sex, thanks to the housekeeper who changed their 400-threadcount Frette sheets every day." (Read More.)

Nanny Gifts

You're The Greatest Babysitter shower gel, pictured above left.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nanny stories are usually best sellers.

Anonymous said...

cool

Anonymous said...

All wealthy families are not like these examples. The fact that they hire inexperienced, unqualified young women as nannies who are so clueless they don't even ask for a contract is an indication of what horrid exploitive employers they will be. They know what they are looking for, and it isn't a professional nanny.
There are plenty of wealthy families who are wonderful parents, and treat their nannies well. I know because I am lucky enough to work for one!