Monday

Child Running Out in the Street in Vernon Hills, Illinois

Received Monday, August 27, 2007
On or about August 9th or 10th 2007 at 4-5 PM I saw your 2 nanny's walking 4-5 children (2 of them in strollers) towards a busy street Huntington North in Gregg's Landing Vernon Hills coming off the side street from the Inverness Subdivision just before the light at Butterfield ( I was going westbound & know the area well ) when I saw a little dark haired boy dash out into the street he ran into the eastbound lane - I blew my horn long and hard which startled him and he ran back to the sidewalk, and the older woman who almost hit him in her SUV gave me such a dirty look, never realizing how close she came to hitting the little guy as he just came up to her bumper.

One nanny came over to him ( the larger dark haired one ) as he ran back, she never could have gotten to him in time to save him if she had to as the stroller was in her way, I did not see the interaction after that - but you can thank God that I came home a different way that night you still have your son.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is always frightening when kids bolt. This could have turned tragic. My charge has an Eddie Bauer Monkey Harness, and when people in the street see him wearing it, they think I am just being mean to the boy. His parents and I know that we are dealing with a sweet little runner, so we have to be very careful otherwise the whole storyline could change.

Anonymous said...

I just want to smack people who are so careless about small children and cars/streets. It only takes a split secod for the unthinkable to happen.

Anonymous said...

Kids run in the street. It is a fact of life. Stop wasting your time worrying and start living! The Lord will protect us all from the perils of rowdy children!
USA
USA
USA!