Tuesday

41st Street and Sheridan Ave. in Miami Beach, FL

Received Tuesday, August 28, 2007
I saw your nanny in Miami Beach, 41st street and Sheridan Ave. on Tues Aug. 28, 1:45 pm. The nanny was walking in the scorching Miami sun, pushing a grey bugaboo with one hand. In the other hand she held a bright yellow umbrella to shield herself from the sun. The child was facing away from the nanny. The child was left completely uncovered, with no hat or sunshade covering him/her. (I was too far to see the child clearly but he/she was around 2 yrs old with fair skin) The bugaboo had the sunshade attached, but it was not pulled down to protect the child. This is VERY dangerous, especially in the middle of the day in Miami!!! The nanny was South American, plump, and middle aged. (like 80% of the nannies in Miami) I think she was wearing a bright blue/ turquoise t-shirt. If this is your nanny please stress to her the importance of keeping your child covered, as to avoid situations such as sunburns, dehydration and skin cancer!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable, she made sure she had a umbrella to protect herself. What about the kid. We all know kids skin is more sensitive than ours

Anonymous said...

This is really serious. Every one needs to be protected from the sun, my skin is fair fair. When I was a child my nanny didn't put sunscreen on me and in the matter of 1 hour I had second dgree burns on my shoulders and ears. I know how hot the sun can get I live in Phoenix. This to me is worse than putting the kid in the cold, the body temperature can heat up causing heat exhaustion and possible heat stroke. I hope the kid had sunscreen on, I hope she was smart enough to figure that out.

Anonymous said...

This serious. Very serious. I live in Michigan, but one summer day...only about 80 degrees...I walked the pier with my 9 month old daughter in a stroller. Had sunscreen on her face and used the sun shade and she still woke up the next morning with second degree burns on her cheeks. I learned a hard lesson...you can never be too careful when it comes to the sun. Fortuantely I got her to the doctor and she healed well, but it wqas still terrible. I can only imagine how burnt this child in this post is now. Hopefully that alone, will wake the parents up.

Anonymous said...

This slighting is horrendous. I cannot believe that only three other people have commented! This is waaaaay worse than a freakin salted prune!

maggie said...

I amazed that people in this day and age do not recognize how hazzardous the sun is to your child's skin, but to his/her eyes.
Time for some PSA on primetime tv!
"Now you know"

Anonymous said...

Exactly Maggie! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

setting aside skin cancer, this nanny is CARELESS. And all about herself. Lord knows how she handles other situations.