Thursday

WW Playground on W. 93rd. Street in NYC

Received Wednesday, May 3, 2007
You will know this is your nanny when I explain to you her hair. She had very flat, shiny hair that was black and pressed close to her skull and swirled around. On top of her head, she had curly honey colored hair clipped on. She was wearing a white t-shirt, two or three gold earrings in her ear and an ear clip. She was an AA, with a medium but very solid build and average height. She was in charge of a boy of about 3/4 that was not on his best behavior. I got the feeling that the child's behavior was a result of his nanny's behavior and her short fuse. The little boy was eating a little tub of Ritz brand crackers. The nanny repeatedly asked the boy for some of the crackers. When the boy didn't give her the crackers, she snatched the whole thing from him. This caused him to whine and cry more. Then she told him she had enough, picked up her bag and took him by the hand as he cried and left the playground with him. Now before you judge this kid, consider this. I arrived at the park a half hour or so previous and had watched this child play on the playground whilst the nanny gabbed on her cellphone. He repeatedly kept going up to her and telling her that he was hungry. He asked if it was time for lunch or when he could eat. The nanny said 'in a minute'. The boy whined that he was hungry. The boy kept bothering her and telling her he was hungry. He said "I am too hungry to play". She said to him "go play" and pointed at the playground and glared at him. He reluctantly returned to the playground. At this time I thought nothing of it. Nor did I think anything of the fact that the nanny was snacking on a tub of Ritz crackers. It was literally a half hour later when the little boy finally had his Ritz crackers. Or what was left of them. He complained he was thirsty and she said, 'there is water at home, we don't need to leave the house to drink. you wanted to play". The boy whined and said he wanted something different. He asked for a hot dog or a sandwich. The nanny said "this is it for now". Never mind, the time was then 12:40. So yes, the little boy was a whiner but wouldn't you be too? If the person in charge of providing for you was so clueless? Yes, kids get cranky when they are hungry. And I ever so highly doubt this child would approve of his "lunch" or the manner in which you spoke to him. The little boy had was Caucasian with a dark, tanned complexion, dark, curly hair and a pale blue Nike l/s shirt on, blue jeans and Nike tennis shoes that were half white (front) and black (back). The swoosh was blue on the black. This all happened on Wednesday at the WW Playground on W. 93rd. Street.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

FEEL SO SAD FOR THIS LITTLE BOY....
WHY DO PARENTS HIRE WOMEN THAT SHOULD NOT BE NANNIES? I JUST DONT GET IT..

Anonymous said...

I don't know.
Why do people who fail to recognize proper net etiquette insist on opining on blogs and chatboards?

Anonymous said...

This nanny wasn't as much clueless as useless. A worthless lazy glob of human flesh posing as someone worthwhile.

Anonymous said...

Her hair sounds like an intricate creation (pile of shit), never the less- if she would have taken as much time as she spent on that unnatural sounding style, perhaps she would have packed Junior a lunch!

Anonymous said...

4:06
You just made me laugh out loud!!

Anonymous said...

I swear I've seen that hair before.

Anonymous said...

I've sat behind that hair in a movie theatre and had to move.

Anonymous said...

Oh, next time try the "blowing on the neck" trick. Works everytime. The offending person moves so you don't gotta.

Anonymous said...

lol@ 7:27~ Why? Was the glare from the movie screen reflecting sharply (off the hair) causing you to experience temporary blindness?
Or was the style just too butt ugly to continue enjoying your popcorn? :b

Seriously though, I know I'd be "cranky" if I didn't get to eat lunch when I was hungry. That poor little boy~
I hope his parents see this.

Anonymous said...

Has anyone else ever noticed incompetent people in their own lives; be it sitters, siblings or neighbors who are just incapable of meeting a child's needs? As a result, the child is "off".

I'm pretty sure I would be guilty of nanny profiling. I would never hire anyone with egregious hair. With such hair, there come provisions. No sprinklers, swimming, rain or humidity. Who needs it?

Anonymous said...

Alot of mother are so busy they hired any nanny and never check there references of nothing. It sad but alot of parents are too busy to notice any thing with the child or nanny.

Anonymous said...

Little children should be the most important "priority" in a parent's life. It's time to cast aside the selfishness to be in tune and aware of everything going on in one's child's life so that appropriate action can be taken if something is amiss, for instance a worthless, uncaring nanny such as the one described herein.

Anonymous said...

It really bothers me that the nanny snatched the crackers from the little boy who was complaining for a half an hour about being hungry. It really bothers me that she didn't take him to get something to eat in the first place, whiner or not. I don't think the boys I nanny for have ever had to ask for food or water more than once. Oh well, at least this website makes me feel like an awesome nanny.

Anonymous said...

to op this doesnt sound true at all

Anonymous said...

I mean come on who takes a child to the park without lunch or snacks It just sounds hard to believe and discrimination against AA nannies I been on this site for 1 hr and most of these stories sound fictional
People like entertainment and here we get it
I got to give it to ya very good stories but hard to believe coming here reading these is a good waste of time

Anonymous said...

"Oh well, at least this website makes me feel like an awesome nanny. "

2:07 AM
DITTO!!!

Anonymous said...

8:39-
sweet jesus-
what about this doesn't sound true?
I think this blog has gotten too many hits after the USA today article because I see a trend change in the posting. I don't think anyone who has ever worked as a nanny or been around a nanny would find this stuff hard to believe. Believe you me, I have heard and seen worse. Back in the day. I am a mother now and fortunate to be able to stay at home with my child. I know several great nannies that I have met through baby classes and park outings, but they are most definitely the minority. This troubles me because if I were hiring a nanny- I would only consider persons of their caliber. So who are these parents who tolerate these nannies? These grimacing, griping, petty nannies.
"Fun" is a word that rarely comes to mind! Keep sending in your stories. Maybe we can cajole the parents who hire these nannies into raising the bar.

Anonymous said...

"Believe you me, I have heard and seen worse. Back in the day."
KEY WORD BACK IN THE DAY-thats why its hard to believe, not to mention you said "GREAT NANNIES TODAY" the way they describe the african american sounds like they took it off of a sitcom or comedy show

Anonymous said...

Back in the day when I was a nanny. I was more clued in to what the nannies were up to.
Sorry if that was not clear. I have met some great nannies still as a mother, but more than ever they seem like the minority.
And by the by, If I would have had myself as a nanny, I would have fired myself. Not because I was mean to the children- I was just chronically late, took a lot of sick time and not at all dependable. Additionally, I was hung over many a morning!

Anonymous said...

THATS X-ACTLY Y I DNT WRK WEEKENDS 1047!

Anonymous said...

929 and everyone else: PLEASE do not write on this blog like you are texting someone, it's hard to read. And remember that all caps posting (LIKE THIS) is the equivalent of shouting. Just take an extra second to use your Shift button, and spell out your words.
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

spot on JMT,
only good thing is those comments unworth reading stand out like sore thumbs.