Sunday

Playing Frisbee in Central Park near 86th. (NYC)

Another Great Nanny SightingReceived Sunday, March 4, 2007
Best sighting yet. Petite Manny who looked to be from the Philippines, smile stretched across his face playing Frisbee with two blond children in the Park Saturday afternoon. The Manny had very short hair that stuck up at top and wore a rugby style shirt that was white and yellow. The children were definitely brothers, both had the same shade of blond hair, thick and wavy. The children had tan skin and light eyes and athletic, not thin builds. The three of them made more noise than anyone else in the park, hooping and hollering. Chasing each other, mock tackling. They were definitely having a great time, not just the children but the Manny was having every bit as good a time too. I wish I knew who you were who employed this young man. It was Saturday afternoon and I wonder if he is your temp. nanny or a permanent employee. I would love to have someone like that work for my family every weekend. Does anyone know how to find an active and fun Manny who is not opposed to getting dirty, tumbling in the mud & looking foolish as he roughhouses with kids?

8 comments:

Liza said...

*grin*

I have a friend in washington DC who fits the bill!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you can tell with " mannys " , but if you want a nanny who isn't afraid to get dirty etc...look and see if every hair is in place, with impecable makeup, and perfectly manicured nails..if she has these things,,,probably not going to be rough-housing with the kids.

Anonymous said...

I had a nanny I thought was great, until she took my children swimming and refused to get her hair wet. And when a child splashed her and her hair and makeup got wet, she went ballistic.
She was fired before she was dry, I'll tell you that much.

Anonymous said...

he sounds great. however, having been sexually abused by a male babysitter as a child, I wouldn't hire a manny. I would always be worrying, no matter how great they seemed. and yes, I know that females can be abusers, too, but it is a MUCH smaller percentage.

that said, the important thing is that you trust your nanny (or "manny") implicitly...not their gender. my friend has a gay male nanny and that is what works for her. I just wouldn't feel comfortable w/ a manny due to my personal history.

Anonymous said...

My advice: Find a great nanny who has a great husband that also loves kids. My husband is a teacher and quite often times will help me out during the summer or for weekend hours with the kids that I nanny for. It is great all around. He is fresh energy for them, a break for me, bonding time, etc.

Anonymous said...

I'm a nanny who runs around and gets dirty in the playground. When I go for a job interview however, I dress more formally, and my hair and nails are well groomed. Better advice would be to ask the applicant what activities she does with her charges, and ask her refs. if she runs around and gets down with the children.
A nanny

Anonymous said...

"ask a nanny"

and every couch potato claims to get down on the floor and run around!

Anonymous said...

I know that Nanny! The boys go to school on Park Ave - Very nice couple who take care of the twins. Great sighting