Tuesday

Mole & Cherry Street in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Received Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Nanny to Logan. Seen in the area of Mole Street and Cherry Street 1/22 at 4:15 PM. "Logan" may be a child at Friends Select School and is between 6 and 9. It is hard for me to tell. He is a light complexioned African American boy with cropped hair. Very pleasant and happy face. Thin/medium build. I can't recall any specifics except that I think I heard the nanny call him "Logan" or something that sounds very familiar. The nanny is an very short, petite Phillipino female between the ages of 40-60. She has good skin, a small face and very thin eyebrows. Her hair is brown, frizzy/curly and has some grey at the temples. The nanny was berating the child, she grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him off to the side of the sidewalk. While being pulled, he tripped. Then she screamed "get up, don't be stupid". She handled him very roughly. He looked very humiliated. She was a tiny woman but I don't think a nanny should speak to or grab on a child like that. And I should know. I'm a nanny.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

very pleasant and happy face until the nanny grabbed on him and called him stupid, right?

Arghhhh that makes me angry!

Anonymous said...

1:21 - What makes you angry?

Anonymous said...

That nanny would not only be fired, she'd get a kick in the teeth from me too.

How dare she.

Anonymous said...

Phillipino women are uncommonly strong for their size. They are known to be brutal and opportunistic.

Anonymous said...

I think any nanny who calls her charge stupid should be fired.
I also think the above 7:54 racist statement about Phillipina (Phillipino is masculine) nannies is appalling, and totally uncalled for.
A nanny

Anonymous said...

Oh, that comment wasn't about Phillipina nannies, but if it offended anyone, I apoligize.

Anonymous said...

These stories are mild compared to the treatment children are subjected to by teachers and administrators in the public school system in Delaware County,PA, I worked in the system dor 2 years and kids I have helped still come to see me or make a fuss if they run into me somewhere. Unless you are a star athlete, or related to a school district employee, a student is treated like a bothersome roach.