Wednesday

Chelsea Indoor Playhouse in Chelsea, Michigan

Received Wednesday, January 10, 2007
I was at the Chelsea Tree House in Chelsea, MI today at around 1-3 PM. I brought a magazine so I could sit and read and let my DB get his yayas out. This is a great and clean place for children if you haven't been there. At one time, I went towards the climbing structure to ask ds if he was hungry for lunch. I witnessed a nanny dressed in tight, white t-shirt, tight blue jeans, tennis shoes with big earrings and straightened hair involved in a conversation ten feet from the play structure. Away from other parents but in earshot of a handful of children. Her language was atrocious. I was disgusted and moved away. When DB came to join me for lunch at table, the nanny or sitter was no nearby on her cellphone again. The language she used was laced with obscenities and racial epitaphs. In short, she was a very "hard" looking caregiver and I really have to wonder how you the parent decided that she was a good bet? I am not even sure which children she was supervising. I did see a child approach her complaining of thirst while she was on the phone. The sitter sighed and made a big deal about taking the cap off of a water bottle and handing it to the child. The child was a girl, with brown hair in pony tails, 4ish wearing a light pink shirt on it with a 3D looking pink pig on it.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

DB?
Yayas?
WTF?

Anonymous said...

do you remember what color her hair was?

Anonymous said...

Are you sure it wasn't the mother? It just seems strange that anyone would hire her, but I've seen some rough looking nannys, so maybe she was the nanny.

Anonymous said...

OP-Her hair was brown with but it had a magenta tone to it. It was very heavily processed. May have even been a weave.

Anonymous said...

It really is too bad that when people leave a sighting they focus so much on being PC as well as making the "nanny".."mommy" look bad that they forget to give a great and accurate description which in this case may have prooved helpful!

Anonymous said...

10:36, I would recognize this nanny as my own based solely on the description of the child - a shirt with a 3D pig on it is rather defining. Assuming a person only has one caregiver at a time for their child, this was a very descriptive post.

Anonymous said...

how to you know it was not her mom?..( how many times do i see moms on there cell phone in the car or where ever ) .....so get of your high horse...

Anonymous said...

2:32 you don't even make sence. You don't have to be rude!

Anonymous said...

sense!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh great, here comes the grammar police! Who cares? I make mistakes when I type in a rush.

Anonymous said...

well maybe you should be nicer too!!

Anonymous said...

Why is this person getting bashed for their comments & observations? Neither mothers or nannies should exhibit bad behavior like that! Those types usually don't change, even if they read websites like this (which I doubt they do).

Anonymous said...

OP, there's nothing wrong with asking her not to speak like that in front of the children. I'm sure she would give you an attitude. But is there a manager around or security? I'm sure they would rather keep your business than hers.

Anonymous said...

As a nanny, I have often been mistaken for the mother. I wonder if perhaps this person was somehow related to the child? Moreover, if she was indeed the nanny I doubt the parents would be searching a website like this to check up on her behavior. I feel so sorry for that little girl, every child deserves to be treated with respect and it appears that this adult felt burdened by the child's needs.

Anonymous said...

955, I agree. Not enough people know aboout this site and then even if they do know about it- the thing is if you employ the kind of nanny you expect to show up on here- you are a bad parent. So what do we do? I say we liberally use our "email this to a friend" button when we see a story that hits our nerve. And hope those people pass it on and so on and so on. It isn't 6 degrees of seperation that seperates us anymore- it's more like 4.