Friday

Two blocks east of Lake High School on Chicago's northside

Friday, September 29, 2006
I saw a pretty black nanny with curly hair almost dragging a toddler boy with blonde hair by his arm about two blocks east of Lake High School on Chicago's northside. When the boy fell because the nanny was dragging him, she simply left him on the ground until he managed to climb up on his own feet. Not outright abuse but I wouldn't want my childin this unkind person's care. If this is how she treats him publicly, how does she treat him privately?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My toddler daughter once had a massive tantrum on a public sidewalk. I dragged her by the arm (while carrying her 6 month old brother) trying to get her to the car so we could get out of public and stop being a spectacle.

As I pulled her and she freaked out, she fell and actually chipped her tooth.

Certainly this is somethign to discuss with your child's caregiver but tantrums are often very difficult to deal with, even for parents. Do we ignore? Do we coddle?

Anonymous said...

I thought only ugly nannies were abusive. I must re evaluate my entire philosophy.

Anonymous said...

What a ridiculous and flippant comment. Clearly she only wrote 'pretty' as a way to describe her for anyone reading this.