Saturday

Florence Colucci Playground Pelham, NY

Friday, September 22, 5:25 PM Florence Colucci Playground Pelham, NY

I saw an obvious nanny who was taking care of a boy and a girl at Florence Colucci Playground Park earlier this evening. The girl was playing with a friend of hers-also in the nanny's care. The boys was hanging closer to the nanny and seemed to be about three. Everything seemed fine and then I think that the boy may have had an accident. Either that or he somehow spilled water on himself. All I know for certain is this angered the nanny because the little boy wanted to go home. (I believe they were in walking distance). The nanny told him that he would have to "deal with the mess" because they weren't going home until six pm. The nanny didn't want to go home until she was sure the parents would be home because it was Friday. I don't understand her reasoning but she wasn't nice about it. I am hoping that it was water. When the older sister asked what was wrong, the nanny used a very sarcastic and condescending tone and said "Tommy wants to go home now because he needs to change his pants". The sister looked so sad for her brother and said to the effect of "that's okay, we can go now". The nanny said "The plan was to stay here until 6 and that is the plan we are sticking to". It didn't even make sense. The worst part of this whole story which I don't think I am explaining very well is the look that the sister gave her brother. The little girl knew the nanny wasn't being nice. I just hope she tells her parents!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that look.

Anonymous said...

was this in pelham bay or pelham as in westchester? wilkinson park in the bronx?