Sunday

Saturday, October 31, 2009
CL- WTF on I SAW YOUR NANNY by MPP
Photobucket
....WHAT?!

Feature Ad:
1) Looking for help with my Kids (D.C.)
Single dad looking for help with his twin 2 yr old with dining out, shopping, hiking, and many other fun things that I feel like I'm missing out! This is not an ad for hookups or sexual motives. I have my girls 3 day a week and I hate to stay home especially with cold weather near. I have tried so many times to take my girls to lunches, dinner, zoos, shopping, etc..Not something that's easy and it kinda takes away from the fun when trying to juggle both of them. This is ad is exactly what it says but will pay at least $10.00 an hour plus meals out and other expenses. Yes, including drinks when dining so be at least 21. This is not a nanny position since I already have one but rather a Dad's assistant, better yet a friend of daddy that likes to help.

Here's the tricky part, since I am paying cash each time for this and will be seen publicly with my help I ask that you be put together, hygienic, experienced or loves kids, has own car, doesn't eat two entrees or get hammered since it's free, not a plus size (sorry) since I enjoy hiking with them, must must a sense of humor since my girls love to see daddy laugh. Do not respond if you are married or attached since all of our time will be out in public with me and my kids. Would not want a husband or boyfriend going apesh#*! cause you were spotted with another man.

A little about me, professional single dad that lives in Fairfax (Fairlakes). Goofy, very goofy. Very laid back and easy to get along with. Hours will vary so don't quit your day job. Any questions feel free to email me. Thanks for looking.
Original URL: Ad was removed

* Response to Ad from CL reader:

2) RE: Looking for help with my Kids (D.C.)
Something does not seem right about this man's ad. I know that you stated very clearly that you aren't trying to do anything bad but that's what makes me even more suspicious and reading through your ad makes me very curious. For example you mentioned that the woman should not be a plus size..what does that have to do with anything? And why does the woman have to be single? If her husband or boyfriend knows what her job entails, he shouldnt get jealous. And yes I realize that twins are alot to handle, I've babysat twins in the past too, but THOUSANDS of parents of twins learn to juggle twins on their own. If you really are a single dad of twins you need to learn how to go out in public with them by yourself, learn how to discipline them correctly so they don't become too much for you to handle.You mention that drinks are included so the woman has to be 21, well what makes you think the woman would want to drink? not everybody in this world drinks! Just something in this ad does not seem right, so LADIES be VERY CAREFUL!! I wouldn't reccomend any woman take this job. If he really does turn out to be a single father, well, then hes gotta learn how to do things on his own.
Original URL: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/kid/1435443439.html
_____________________________________________________________

3) Need a babysitter tonight! (Houston)
Last minute and I'm scrambling! Must be female, at least 12 years of age, experienced and available 530-1145pm tonight. I'm a working mom and live in the Cypresswood neighborhood. This position is open for the evening of Oct. 30th only. Thanks!
Original URL: http://houston.craigslist.org/kid/1444474131.html
_____________________________________________________________

4) Evening Babysitter wanted/Live-in (New York)
Hello, I am looking for a baby sitter to take care our twins ( 2 years old) from 6:00 pm - until we get home at 11:00 pm.

No money will be paid, we shall provide free accomodation in return plus meals if necessary.

You will have your own bedroom. House have a TV and Cable, Internet etc are avaialble.

My husband and I are working people with busy schedules, we get home at about 11:00 pm ( Monday - Friday). The kids spend their day at daycare, from 8:00 am - 6:00 pm.

I am looking for someone who can pick them up from daycare at 6:00 pm ( right up the street), take them home, feed them dinner, give them a bath and take them to bed.

Basically, this opportunity will be great for students looking for accomodation in NYC, studying during the day and babysitting in the evening. or a someone who wants to save on paying rent, we provide free accomodation and you take care of our kids in the evening! The person can have a day job or study or not during the day as long as they can be available to pick the kids from daycare at 6:00 pm. Yocan also do whatever on weekends, but some weekends, we can request for help for a few hours.

Blacks / Africans/ Hispanics ( who can speak english) are encouraged to apply.

Must have previous experience in taking care of kids, either as a mum or babysitter.

If interested, please call me on 347 863 **** ( cell). You can also respond by email.

We shall do background and reference checks, please have atleast 2 references.

We shall not accept a person moving in with a child.

Looking for a person to start immediately. Again, no money will be paid, we shall provide free accomdation in return. God bless
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/kid/1436517307.html
_____________________________________________________________

5) Do you need a experienc baby sitter (San Francisco)
Hi my name is Shirley I'm 23 year old I'm looking for a family to work with as a baby sitter r 5 days or more every week at least 5 to 20 hours or more if need Monday,Tuesday, Wednesday,Thursday and Friday ans sat or sun if need it I have been a family sitter for about 4 years and I have a lot of experience with inborn and infants and toddler. I live in Richmond but i can go to Ur house I speak 100"%English . I'm responsible, honest and patient.I love working with children and I am also able to do many things around the house. My rates are very reliable $12 per hour for one child. $15 per hour for two children. Please if you interested in my services feel free to contact me at Call is 510 812 **** and my house number is 510 237 **** I'll be more than happy to answer any further questions that you may have for me. Thanks!! for your time to Read this note: can u call me by the phone thanks and I get my driving LICENSE .... I own my car

I can work at 8am to 3pm cuz im babysitting sometime 2 lil kid from 5 to 7pm the boy is 5ys and the girl is 4 i been working with tham for 3 months now i love them so much like i said i love working with kids and babys
PS I also have a 15 month old baby girl at home also i have CPR & First Aid . TAKE CARE Shirley B****
Original URL: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/kid/1437804953.html
_____________________________________________________________

6) Childcare Needed!!!!! (Norfolk)
Hello I need childcare by Monday!! I have a 3 yr old and 4 mth old boys. Cant pay an outrageous amount! Please email if you can work out something with me! If you want $200 plus DONT email me! Thank you!
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1444358930.html
_____________________________________________________________

7) Wanted Live-in Housekeeper/House Manager (UWS/New York)
In search of live-in housekeeper for upscale UWS townhouse (6000 sq feet with 2 outdoor gardens). Please apply only if you fit ALL of the following requirements:

-Early riser (as early as 6am), and willing to stay up to 7pm
-Willing to work to get the job done thoroughly
-Organized, observant, detail-oriented and able to prioritize and manage time wisely
-Previous experience working as a house manager in NYC, ie, caring for antiques, buying flowers, etc.
-Excellent laundress
-Experience caring for kids (ages 4 and 10)
-Dog and cat friendly
-Excellent communication skills
- Flexible to travel internationally with family on some holidays
-Clean driver’s license; with legal US residency or citizenship status
-Neat and tidy in personal space
-Quiet but sunny personality desired with ability to disappear into the background
-Excellent cook with experience preparing healthy meals

Day to day responsibilities include: house management, laundry and ironing, some cleaning, coordinating with outside service providers, grocery shopping, keeping track of household supplies, cooking, dog walking, caring for the children when nanny is not available and various errands outside the house. Knowledge of entertaining and serving is mandatory. References required. Salary to $50K gross. To be considered you must send resume in the body of your email (no attachments). Please NO agencies.
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/dmg/1444561539.html
_____________________________________________________________

8) Housekeeper/Nanny Wanted (Norfolk)
I am looking to hire someone to help me out cleaning my house and watching 2 of my children. one is 19months old and the other is 14years old and autistic. You would probably come in early to mid day and stay till between 5-7pm find time to do light cleaning (dusting, changing sheets, vacuming moping and laundry) I would feel more comfortable with a female working. I am not prejudice and welcome people new to the country. I need someone before tuesday when the kids go back to school. you need your own car. Please feel free to call me seven5sev4zero4****.
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/lab/1417218062.html
_____________________________________________________________

9) is anyone doing childcare on Halloween? (Norfolk)
I need care Halloween night for a few hrs. I have 2 boys ages 3 and 5. starting around 9 pm. please let me know your hourly rate for both children together. Only Newport News residents plz! Thanks!
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1443644416.html
_____________________________________________________________

10) Halloween babysitter needed (Los Angeles)
i am in nd of childcare 8pm oct 31 till 330 am. i can only afford to pay 60 dollars. i have a 1 yr old n 2 yr old, but they will b asleep. thesitting will be done in my home in sherman oaks. please let me know if your interetsed with your telephone number thanks
Original URL: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/kid/1445295158.html
_____________________________________________________________

11) RESPITE PROVIDER (Madison)
Are you a Family Day Care Provider who needs a dependable experienced person to provide respite care on occasions? Appointments, shopping, self care! I am available morning hours and will come with age appropriate activities to entertain your group while keeping them safe and happy. I have worked with all ages and have ideas on most recreational and academic areas and topics. Currently I do After School Care. References provided, call for details. Shawna C***
Original URL: http://madison.craigslist.org/kid/1439514380.html

* Response to Ad from CL reader:

12) RE: RESPITE PROVIDER (Oh My God!)
I just did a check on the gal wanting to do respite care and beware that she has the following records!
5 DWI's
Fraud of a cab driver
Hit and run
3 Disorderly conducts
Altering registration of a vehicle
just wanted to pass that on. I caanot believe someone like this can work for an afterschool program
Original URL: http://madison.craigslist.org/kid/1439767358.html

13) RE: Respite Provider Shawna C*** (Madison)
There are 3 not 2 disorderly conducts in there. While I understand people can make mistakes this is a bit much to frequent. She must have a temper and anger easily.
Original URL: http://madison.craigslist.org/kid/1439973672.html
_____________________________________________________________

14) Need Babysitter ASAP (Oklahoma)
I know this probably isn't the best way to pot something but I am new to the area and need a baby sitter badly. I had one but she can't do it anymore and i need someone close by. I need one before Monday if it 's possible. Someone who is able to watch her anywhere from 7 in the morning to after 11 would be nice. My husband works 3-11 mostly so it would normally only be from about 2 until I get off. Please e-mail me back with prices and references!!!!
Original URL: http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/kid/1443477716.html
_____________________________________________________________

15) Needing childcare for 11/2 & 11/3 (Oklahoma)
I am in need of some one to watch my three boys Monday 11/2 from 730am untill 5pm and Tuesday 11/3 from 730am until 3pm their ages are 3 1/2, 19mo and 10weeks

i ask that you come to my home these two days, i would ask that you dont bring a child with you because i have an infant that needs alot of attention.
i live near 50th and Mac

you will have to change diapers for my 19mo and 10wk old, you would need to make lunch.
the boys are fairly low maintenece.

i will pay $75 for these two days.

if you dont like any of these conditions, please do not inquire about sitting for me
if you are interested please email me at coffeeshoppecutie@**** (Ad has pic)
Original URL: http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/kid/1444375850.html
_____________________________________________________________

.... HOW MUCH?!

16) assistant/babysitter/live in or out (Las Vegas)
I'm looking for a live in/live out male or female to live in a gay household. We have a 11 month old son, and two teenagers (self sufficent) looking for someone to help around the house and take care of our 11 month old. I will be home most of the time unless I do errands or you do them. We are looking to pay cash between 150-200 week depending on circumstances. If it's a live out position it would be around 40 hours per week. Live in we would pay 140 per week and you get your room and board. We do have 3 dogs. If you would like to be considered send me a little info about you and a picture if you have one. We can set something up.
Duties would include:
helping with children (mostly the baby)
changing diappers, feeding, clothing, bathing etc..
light house cleaning
cooking (sometimes)
errands
must be gay friendly
remember I will be home also to help... we want someone that will blend in with our family. Open to working with college student and open to schedule. Would prefer someone (if live out) to be here from 8:00 to 4:00 or 4:30... live in you would still have your own time and could work a job. This is a great position for someone that is between jobs and getting unemployment. The pay isn't great but if your getting unemployment it will help you and me both.
Original URL: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/dmg/1444169578.html
_____________________________________________________________

17) Nanny/Baby sitter for Infant (Houston)
Family in need of nanny / baby sitter for baby.
Live-in or 7am to 7pm schedule. Experience is an advantage.
Urgent start required. Call 713-409-****
Please read compensation before calling
Compensation: $150 to $200 per week depending on experience and availability
Original URL: http://houston.craigslist.org/hea/1408054960.html
_____________________________________________________________

18) Babysitter wanted Urgent Live-in (New York)
We are looking for a babysitter to take care of our two todlers.
We prefer a livein.
We shall pay you $1000 / month.
Plus we shall provide you with free accomodation, and meals.
You babysit from Monday to Saturday. Can be off on sundays.
The person will also help with some housework like laundry and house cleaning.

Must have references and we shall do background check. Must have experience in taking care of kids. This is a great opportunity ---- you get paid $1000 per month --- you don't have to pay bills or rent or meals!!!!!. You will have your own bedroom....

Blacks, Africans or Hispanics preferred. Must speak English.

Must be able to start immediately. If interested, call me on 347 863 **** Thanks
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/kid/1436528354.html
_____________________________________________________________

19) Live-in Nanny needed (Texas)
Looking for a live-in care giver for my two boys ages 5 & 8. Mature, non-smoking, individual who truly cares for children. Applicant must have a current Tx drivers license, clean driving record and must be able to pass a criminal background check. Duties include waking the boys, getting them ready and driving them to school. Picking them up after school, and helping with homework. Must be able to cook and do light housekeeping. I am looking for someone to be mom while I am at work, someone to become part of our family. In return you will receive free room and board, which includes your own room with satilite television, and a cell phone, all of your necesities, plus $150 per week. If this sounds like you please call Candace at (979)571-****.
Original URL: http://collegestation.craigslist.org/etc/1423615401.html
_____________________________________________________________

20) I need an evening babysitter baby sitter nanny (Houston)
I am looking for a part time sitter for the weekdays in the evening time. I am a single mom with a 4yr old son. He is in school until 6:30p so I would need someone to be able to pick him up from school and watch him usually until 11pm. His school is located at highway 99 and highway 90. There will be times that a family member will be able to take over watching him around 9p or 10p. I work retail so my schedule varies each week. I will know my schedule usually a week ahead of time and will be able to provide you with the times I will need help. There will also be times that I need help on a Saturday or Sunday for 8-10hrs (depending on my schedule). This wont always happen but it would be nice to know you could do this. I am able to pay $6hr.
I am in the Sugar Land/ Richmond area (highway 99 and highway 59). I need someone who is responsible, has a valid drivers license, does not smoke, and has open availability in the evenings. If this fits you, please contact me and we can talk further. Thank you Laura
Original URL: http://houston.craigslist.org/wan/1402856170.html
_____________________________________________________________

21) baby sitter wanted A.S.A.P. (New Jersey)
Early morning sitter need for 1 stay at home 2&1/2 yr old and for 1 five yr old in school. MUST SHOW UP 4 WORK ON TIME! Must be able to follow simple schedule instructions. No text, tweet,myspace or face in your book all day... PLEASE THIS Is THE BEST POSITION FOR SOMEONE IN SCHOOL ON LINE OR NIGHT COURSES. DO NOT WASTE MY TIME OR YOURS, PLEASE ONLY CONTACT IF YOU ARE ABLE TO WORK NOT IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER JOB TO GO TO... I will start you at 30.00 a day & we will go from there. only local residents need apply due to am traffic please thank you. ( must be ok with cameras in my home and go to library, park & pre planed and approved activities.) It's a grand responsibility, but not hard.
Original URL: http://newjersey.craigslist.org/kid/1439694708.html
_____________________________________________________________

22) Nanny wanted immediately in Union City (San Francisco)
We are looking for a full-time nanny to begin in the middle of November. We would like the nanny to start a part-time schedule as soon as possible to familiarize our son with a new caretaker. We hope that this new individual will become part of the family instead of just viewing this as a job.
Job Description:
This position is for a full-time nanny to take care of a 4-5 month old baby. We are located in Union City near bart and the hours will be 7:45am -5:45pm M-F (part-time hours initially TBD) . Monthly salary between 1200-1600 depending on experience.
Responsibilities will include the following:
• Playing / engaging baby in appropriate activities
• Feeding baby
• Changing diapers
• Bathing baby
• Putting baby to sleep
• Cleaning up after baby
• Family laundry and ironing
• Family cooking (non-veg and veg)
• Light household work including dishes
Requirements:
• Recent experience with infants under 6 months
• English speaking is necessary; other languages are a plus
• CPR certified (or willing to get certified)
• TB tested negative and willing to provide medical record of health
• Must provide references
• Willing to have a background check and fingerprints
• Punctual, organized, and personable
• Have a car (optional)
If you feel like you would be a good match, please send us an email ASAP. When responding to this position, please provide your name, phone number, the best time to reach you, along with your resume and list of references. We will be conducting phone interviews followed by in-person interviews.
Original URL: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/kid/1438436177.html
_____________________________________________________________

23) Spanish speaking Nanny/Babysitter needed! (D.C.)
For more information
Please contact: missmim09@****
Experienced Nanny or Babysitter needed (Spanish speaking prefered)

Duties:
Three nights a week from 4:30pm to 10:30pm
Feed dinner
Bathe/prepare them for bed

Pay is starting at $80/week (3 nights/week)
Will pay $100/week if you cook
Potential holiday bonuses

Must have:
Police clearance
Valid ID
Own source of transportation
Experience with children

For more information
Please contact: missmim09@****
Original URL: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/kid/1440097577.html
_____________________________________________________________

24) Child Care Needed (Milwaukee)
I am looking for someone to come into my home and watch my two year old daughter Serenity Monday- Friday` from 6 30 AM until 4 PM. Must have own transportation. May bring own toddler to play.I pay $150 a week. Thank you Brianne
Original URL: http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/kid/1443653360.html
_____________________________________________________________

25) need care for my 6 month old daughter (Baton Rouge)
Hi!! My name is Tammy. I have a 6 month old beautiful baby girl. I will need someome to care for her 3 days a week. For sure Tuesday and Friday. The hours would be from 6:00 to 2:00. I would want someone fun but mature. If you have kids that would be a plus. It would have to be in your home. And I would want to come look at it, so i would know where my baby's staying and everything. You would'nt have to waste gas i will bring her to you. I will also have bottels ready and everything you would need. She is a very calm baby and dont fuss a lot. She's always smileing and talking. Pay would be 50 a week. (Ad has pic)
Original URL: http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/kid/1430628373.html
_____________________________________________________________

26) Child Care needed in my Home (Norfolk)
Im looking for someone experienced to care of my 6 week old daughter in my home beginning December. Hours are 630am-6pm. 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off. So i would need you 15 days a month, every other saturday. I will pay $150.00 a week. Please email me if you are interested brittconner1720@****. Thanks
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1442591516.html
_______________________________________________________

27) Live In Nanny (Indiana)
I have a need for a live in nanny for my 2 daughters, age 3 and 1. Evening after 8PM and every weekend off. I am a college student and my boyfriend is in Chicago on business. Other services such as laundry, cleaning, etc. for extra compensation. Will provide Room/board, all food, all utilities, plus $200 per month compensation.
Original URL: http://bloomington.craigslist.org/kid/1407495686.html
____________________________________________________________

28) Need Live in/out Housekeeper/Babysitter (Houston)
We are looking for a housekeeper/babysitter who can take care of my girls afterschool until I get home, and a full time housekeeper. Let me know if interested. 200.00 weekly Monday - Friday. 7-5:30 or 6.
Original URL: http://houston.craigslist.org/wan/1398794272.html
____________________________________________________________

29) WILL BABYSIT IN YOUR HOME $20 (Houston)
Need someone to watch the little one so you can go out to that halloween party??? Nights? Weekends? No problem!!! For only $20 you can stay out as late as you want and for your convienience I will come to you!!! I am a 35 y/o divorced female who loves children. I have a lifetime of experience caring for children so you can go out worry-free!!! I have personal references. Call Christy @ 281-734-**** to schedule.
Original URL: http://houston.craigslist.org/hss/1438152506.html
____________________________________________________________

30) Rent for Childcare (Seattle)
I am a professional and a single mom with two boys ages 8 and 6. They are active, and a bit rowdy, but well behaved. I have a house, but not much cash, so I am being creative to make ends meet.

I need someone who can watch my kids after school and on non-school days. My kids need to be picked up from school at 3:30. I usually get home between 5:30 and 6:00, except one weekend a month when I have to work late on Friday and the following Monday and Tuesday. I would like someone who will supervise the boys with their after school snack, their chores and then send them to play (usually outside with the neighborhood kids).

We do not smoke or drink or use bad language. I am pretty strict with my boys and I need to be careful about their environment. I am kind of old fashioned. I hate video games and think little boys should be outside climbing trees and riding bikes. We don’t get cable and watching videos is a rare treat. My kids do not need to be entertained all the time, but I do want someone to engage with them.
I keep a clean house and a nice yard, though I am actually quite laid back. A messy person or someone who does not respect my home or yard would really bother me.

Here is a bit about my place.
I live on a quiet cul-de-sac in the downtown Bothell area. The cul-de-sac is off a dead end, so it is really quiet and a safe place for kids to ride bikes, etc. We are only a few blocks from the Bothell library and it is a quick walk to the park at Bothell Landing. We are right by the bus and Cascadia. It is a nice and safe location.

The house is on a large lot with a fenced backyard. My house is a 1960's ranch style with a basement. All of the carpets and paint are fresh, but the house is not new or flashy; comfortable though. The room is in my basement and it is huge (16x30--which is the size of two large bedrooms). It has a large window and is a daylight room. There are also two closets. It has an attached bathroom with a shower. The shower is tub sized, but not a bath tub. There is a separate entrance. If you are respectful, you can use my washer and dryer. This space will suit up to two people, or a couple with a little baby. No animals please.

The family room is large and cozy with a gas fireplace. We all just share the family room. It has a big TV, but no cable, just VCR and DVD. There is a kitchenette in the family room with a good sized little fridge and a sink. I share space in my upright freezer which is in the basement. My current tenants use my kitchen, but I never know it except when I smell good food.

I would like to find someone right away. I am only asking for help with utilities.

If this sounds like a good match, send me an email and I will get right back to you. Thanks for reading my totally huge post!
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/dmg/1443009088.html
____________________________________________________________
Special thanks once again to: hijabibiqaabi for our Feature Ad... great job! Also, thank you to: jlow2474, michelle.j.nelson, MissDee, TC, MissMannah and northjerseynanny... you found some really awesome Ads this week! Remember, CL-WTF will be Posted every Saturday. Please send next weeks Ads HERE or use MEEBO.

---> TO LEAVE A COMMENT: PLEASE CLICK HERE!! <---

No comments: