Thursday

CL-WTF?

Saturday, February 27, 2010
cl wtd 555
.... WHAT?!

1) Baby Strolling (California)
HI. We are looking for help on Saturdays Daytime and Fridays evening. Hours are approximately 10:30am- 2:00pm on Saturday, Fridays 8pm-9pm. I need a person to stroll my adorable baby son (with me walking) to Montana Branch Library in Santa Monica on Saturdays at about 10:30am and stroll him back home at about 2pm. Hours are flexible. No need to commit to every week. Distance is 1 1/2 miles each way on Montana Ave. in santa monica 90402.
I will pay you the whole time from arrival time about 10:30am to returning him home. You wont need to stay with us;--just come back and get him to stroll him home. About 2pm. email your hourly rate to me for strolling since it only involves walking and no child care. Leave your Phone no. and I will call you. My baby broke the computer so I need to talk by phone this week. Thank you, Shari and Jonah
Original URL: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/kid/1617970913.html
________________________________________________________________

2) cheep fun resposable nanny/babysitter avalible (Seattle)
Im 24 years old new to Bremerton wa from wa and would like to find a long term position if posible but right now i can do last min on call overnights or just anything you need. Ive been caring and babysitting kids sents i was 16 and had a nanny job for 2 and a half years after i got out of high school. but got laid off due to them moving and befor i moved up here i was always watching my friends and familys kids. I enjoy beinng around kids and enteractiong with them and I dont belive the t.v is My babysitter I have exspereance with new borns up to 13 years of age .
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/kid/1619334117.html
________________________________________________________________

3) Nanny/Mother's Helper (Illinois)
I am a stay-at-home mom looking for a Nanny/Mother's Helper to help me with my three children ages 3 and 1 (twins). You must be good with kids and willing to help with light housekeeping, non-smoking, and willing to learn. I do expect you to do a really good job if you were to work for me. I keep my house clean and my kids busy with fun and educational activities. Please let me know if you are interested and would like to speak over the phone and when you would be available to start.

On an average weekday, a nanny would help us from 8:15am until 6:00pm. However during that 10 hour time period time there would be approximately 2 hours of private time (while the kids nap) minus time spend doing chores throughout the week. So a good daily rate would be about $60/day for a full day of work (or an hourly rate we could negotiate if we ended up deciding to go that route instead.) A nanny could have dinner with us (if you did spend the night) and snacks and lunch more informally depending on desires. Also, you could sleep here at times or at your house as long as my scheduling needs are met. The employment term would be approximately six weeks for now, but could be extended depending on my needs and our ability to work together as a team. Also, we may take trips and have the nanny come with us, but nothing is currently planned. Additionally, we may ask the nanny to work on occasional weekend days and we would negotiate a daily rate at that time. The nanny would be responsible for paying her own taxes at the end of the year and we as the employers would pay the employment taxes we are required to pay by law. So you pay your own taxes out of the $60/day, but we pay employer taxes in addition to what we pay you. Please email me if you are interested. This is a great job for the right person.
Original URL: http://decatur.craigslist.org/kid/1566571925.html
________________________________________________________________

4) Need a sitter for one day!! (Tulsa)
Hi there! I have a 2 year old son named Reece that I need a sitter for on Sat the 27th from about 9:45 to 4:15. My sister normally takes care of him while Im at work during that time but she has meetings for her business that day. Sorry its such short notice!! This may become a every sat thing as my sisters business starts to take off but for right now its just this sat. Will pay $25.00 for the day, need you to come to my house help yourself to my internet and food make yourself comfy. He takes a pretty long nap so you will have alot of time to yourself! Thank you so much Marissa
Original URL: http://tulsa.craigslist.org/kid/1608755947.html
________________________________________________________________

5) Looking for Babysitter/Nanny (Tulsa)
My Name is Natasha Newton I am a mother of 2. I have a 16 month old and a 3 week old I will be going back to work soon and need to start interviewing for babysitters immediately. I want someone that will keep my kids safe and entertained and also someone that can help straighten up the house a little here and there. Not a lot will be required on house but just a little help so that when I get home I can enjoy my time with the kids and not stress about house. I am a young mother so I do worry about my kids alot so I will require that whoever watches my kids has a phone where I can contact them to check on my babies. My children are my life so determining who will watch them is very important to me. I will have to meet with you in person and do require references. I will not reply to emails as I do not spend a lot of time online all my time goes to my kids so plz call me if you are interested number is posted at bottom. I am going to be very reasonable with payment but will not go over my budget, can't put family in debt for a babysitter if that's the case then I might as well stay home, but that is not my wish. Plz if you are interested in meeting with my family to determine if this is the right job for you then call me. Below is a photo of my self Natasha, Cody Jr. AKA CJ my 16 mth old, Isaac my 3 week old, and Cody my wonderful husband. We would all love to meet YOU! Thanks for looking and have a great day. Natasha N**** 918-373-****
Original URL: http://tulsa.craigslist.org/kid/1606045216.html
________________________________________________________________

6) need a babysitter from 7th march to 14th march? (Pittsburgh)
Hello, I am a second year Biology student at Chatham College and am 21 years old. I am looking for a part time job as a baby sitter during my weeklong winter break coming up from 7th March to 14th March, in which I can babysit all day. I have not babysat before as such like a job, but I do know how to take care of young kids. I have taken care of my relative’s child, have volunteered in a children’s library and I can say from this experience that kids are just awesome. I love to sit with them and read them a story or ask questions or have chitchat about tooth fairies, play hide and seek. I can be a friend and a babysitter at the same time, making sure your child is safe and comfortable. I know taking care of a child is a huge responsibility, and I am ready to take it. I am responsible, trustworthy, and careful and will try my best to be a good nanny to your child. I am a non-smoker, non-drinker. I currently live in squirrel hill, I don’t own a car, and thus I wish to babysit somewhere closer to my place. Please feel free to email me. Thank you.
Original URL: http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/kid/1613919047.html
________________________________________________________________

7) SHHHH... Listen to this (Pittsburgh)
Hello, I am a bright and energetic teen that is in search of my forever family. WAIT! those absurd "HORROR" stories are not true. There are alot of us that are GREAT individuals that just need alot of ove and guidance. Take me for example... I am a great student, I love sports, I'm easy to talk to, I pay attention to learn all that I can and I KEEP MY ROOM CLEAN !!!!! To find out more about me and my friends, just call Annette Gross @ 412 342 ****. She is waiting to tell you all about us.
Original URL: http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/kid/1616580008.html
________________________________________________________________

8) Babysitter Needed!!!! (Norfolk)
I need a sitter for this Thursday night and probably friday or saturday night too. My currant babysitter had to move and Im stuck!!!! I have two kids (well behaved) and on a schedule. If your interested in this Thursday nite..from 8:30 till appox 2 am..PLEASE email me your info and rates asap :) Must be reliable! I dont need someone backing out on me last minute..and you must have your own transportation. I've had lots of luck with CL in finding babysitters..but it seems they always move on me..LOL
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1615610149.html
________________________________________________________________

9) Full-Time Nanny Needed - $2000/mo (Seattle)
Full-Time infant nanny needed
Please DO NOT respond UNLESS you have:
- Previous FULL-TIME INFANT EXPERIENCE (every day, with infants - not toddlers or children)
- safe reliable transportation to Bellevue
- completely free schedule all day M-F
- able to work 10 hours per day plus paid overtime in case of emergencies
50 hours /week, 10 hours per day, $2000 per month
plus $10 per hour overtime for any additional hours after 50 hours per week.
Please write and tell us briefly exactly what your previous infant experience was IN YOUR EMAIL. We will not be downloading and reading your resume without this. Thanks.
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/kid/1619866837.html
________________________________________________________________

10) need sitter tonight (Norfolk)
hi i have three kids! i am looking to go out to night from 830-9 till about 1230. please let me know if you can come to my house! thanks
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1616134941.html
________________________________________________________________

11) Today and Tomorrow - Mother's Helper (D.C.)
Hi I need someone to come help for a few hours today and tomorrow. Holding the baby, light chores, etc. Near Columbia Heights metro. Please contact me soon!
Original URL: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/dmg/1609705084.html
________________________________________________________________

12) spring break babysitter here (Tulsa)
i will watch your kids in you house for
1kkid-100
2kid-130
3kid-145
4kid-160
and that is for the week i will cook clean and i can drive if need be email with what you need and what you are able to pay and we can talk about it and this will give as time to get to talk and week i will be turning 18 during spring break i have been around premie babys and kids with special need i also know asl so get with me
Original URL: http://tulsa.craigslist.org/kid/1602549737.html
________________________________________________________________

13) Need Sitter for Saturday night!!! (Seattle)
I know this is short notice!!! but I really want to go out with my husband before he leaves for tour. We wouldn't be gone more than 5 hours. maybe 6pm-11? I would pay $25.. more if you would really help me out by coming by to watch my 2 year old son. Thank you! E-mail me some info about you and I'll send you my phone number.
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/kid/1620012558.html
________________________________________________________________

14) bavysitter needed tomorrow (Maryland)
i need a babysitter this week. i have two girls. one is four and one is one and a half. i will need someone from 10 till 6. i pay 30.00 a day which is a normal babysitting fee. i prefer someone to come to my place to babysit them but i can also drop them off depending how far you are. you can feel free to text me @ 443253****, or email me. im really looking for a long term sitter for my eldest girl, being that my youngest girl stays with her dad. the youngest will only be there every few weeks and we will pay you for both of them when she is there. this week they will both be here. please contact shay if your interested. again this starts tommorrow feb 22.2010
Original URL: http://baltimore.craigslist.org/kid/1611649136.html
________________________________________________________________

.... HOW MUCH?!

15) $200/week full time babysitter needed!!!!!! (New York)
Our family is looking for a full time babysitter. I have a 3 year old toddler and a newborn. We are looking for a patient, trustworthy, responsible and loving babysitter from the hours of 7am-5pm Mon-Fri. This job is off the books, pays $200/week.

Our family loves these children to death, therefore you must be willing to have a background check, know you will be under video surveillance, references required and must have experience with newborns.

Responsibilities include meeting all needs of our children, such as, preparing their feedings and cleaning up after them. There is no housecleaning, no laundry doing, no errands being ran (i.e : taking the children out the house, dropping off or picking up) and no bathing of either child.

Reply to email listed above with a photo of yourself and tell us a little about yourself. NO PHOTO NO REPLY!!
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/kid/1610838927.html
________________________________________________________________

16) Part Time Nanny Needed (Utah)
Looking for a part-time nanny for when I need to run errands or study. This is perfect for a student looking to make some extra money. I need my child to be watched in my home so please don't email me asking if he can be watched in yours. This will be random days just whatever works for you but will possibly be more scheduled in May when I start taking more classes. I will pay $4/hr. My child is 10months old and I am located in Orem. Thanks
Original URL: http://provo.craigslist.org/kid/1598588910.html
________________________________________________________________

17) NANNY NEED $25 per day (New York)
hello thanks for taking the time to read my add...please read before responding....i am looking for some to come to my home to watch my 7 months pld daughter two days or three per week...... now this is thing my mom normally watches mu baby for me but in the days she has to work i will need someone to come to my home i work three days for the week (mom,tue,wed) so any of those days 9:30-4:30...it would vary from week to week...all i can aforad for now is $25 per day evently it would increase in time please for all interested pease contact with info at 646-251-****....thank you
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/kid/1612828300.html
________________________________________________________________

18) Need FT childcare (Tulsa)
I really need childcare for my 2 year old and 5 month old daughter. I would be open to small home daycare, sahm, or nanny. However I can only offer $550-$600 a month and will be paying monthly, with the possibility of bi-weekly. I know it is not a whole lot but that is what I can afford. My hours are 9am-6pm. I will need childcare from 8:30-6:30 depending on where you are located. I live on 11th and Utica and I work on Pine between 145th and 161st. I will need care close to either my home or work or in between. If you are interested please don't hesitate to e-mail me. I will need care starting the third week of March. Please no nasty e-mails or comments about the amount I can pay. If it isn't enough for you then don't respond. I hope to hear from you soon! My children are very important to me so you must be excellent with children! Please respond to mommaof2girls@****
Original URL: http://tulsa.craigslist.org/kid/1604387708.html
________________________________________________________________

19) im in need of a sitter asap inhome perfer (Dallas)
hi my name is erin i am looking for a in my home babysitter if possible i dnt make much and all i can afford is 80 a week for both my to and four year old all u would have to do is feed them ith the food provide and play with them and make sure they are safe if interested please email me or text me 817 500 **** it might be better if u text me if possible thanks and god bless
Original URL: http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/kid/1615061664.html
________________________________________________________________

20) Childcare NEEDED on Northside (Madison)
Hi, I DESPERATELY need EXCELLENT daycare on the Northside of Madison available immediately for my two-year old son. I would prefer along/off Stoughton Rd. or the Airport Area, which is where I work. I cannot afford more than $125/wk, unfortunately. I am incredibly reliable and expect you to be, too. Cruz is a delight. One day a week his father would pick him up from your house at 8, so it would nearly be like having that day off and only working four days a week with Cruz. I work m-f 8am-4:30pm. Please call me at 608-609-****. No smoking. No criminal record, please (I don't consider traffic violations criminal violations.) Noelle
Original URL: http://madison.craigslist.org/kid/1614021122.html
________________________________________________________________

21) Searching for a babysitter for Wednesdays (Madison)
I am searching for a babysitter to come to my home and care for my baby girl, beginning in April. My daughter will be 3 months old. I am in need of care every Wednesday from around 8:30am till around 6:00pm. I also have a 10-yr old son that would be home after school around 2:30. He is very self-sufficient and is quite helpful with the baby! I am looking to pay $50 per day. Please let me know if you're at all interested and we can discuss further.
Ideal candidate would....
-be dependable/reliable
-love caring for/interacting with/playing with children
-have experience caring for infants
Original Url: http://madison.craigslist.org/kid/1615846775.html
________________________________________________________________

22) Childcare needed in my home some days/some nights (Florida)
I am seeking a person who loves toddlers! I have a 2 1/2 year old boy who is good, loves to run and play, not scary or a maniac child. I work two jobs, some days only, some nights only, and some days would be day and night combined. My husband travels for work so most weekends and some days he is gone. I will need someone available during the days from about 9:30/10:30am on and can be out until 12 or 1 am. This would not be the set schedule everyday. I am a bridal consultant during the day and a server at night. I am in need of someone super reliable, self sufficient, can prepare simple meals occasionaly. Can drive - has license. Likes dogs (I have one small yorkie-poo.) Also, can meet this week and start almost immediately. Rates can be discussed. Please no $10/hr sitters, I cannot afford that. If this is something you are interested in please email me or call me, Kim 239-233-****, ztaucfkimmy@****, or text. Serious inquiries only!
Original URL: http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/kid/1614790663.html
________________________________________________________________

23) Seeking Live in Nanny (relocate to California)
We had a wonderful nanny that was like a grandma to our children. Sadly, she became sick and we need a new Granny-like Nanny. This position will have a phone interviews, references check and then relocate as quickly as possible to Oak Hills, CA. This is for a loving family with a large 5 bedroom home that works a corporate job and commutes far and so they day ends begins with waking the kids at 6:00am and then a 3-4 hour break in the day time typically then ends at 7:00 p.m. This person must have plenty of patience, love children and be willing to teach decision making skills as they arise. They also should love dogs since there are two Golden Retrievers. We prefer someone that shares similar values, and the compensation is $350.00 a week plus room and board. (Photos of the space will be provided after passing the phone interview). Good driving record is a must since you will be insured and provided a vehicle for use, including personal use.

This position is for a Nanny/House-manager:
Position includes M-F a split shift and one weekend a month to care for 4 children ages 12, 10, 8, 5

Tasks for care of children include:
Wake children up at 6am, get them ready for school and cook them a hot meal (no cereal) at least 3 days a week
Drive them to (private Christian) school in the vehicle provided (Suburban), walk the youngest child into school at 7:50am
Communicate with teachers, as needed daily
While they are in school you have approx. an hour or two of household management duties, but then you would have a break until afternoon when it is time to pick them up
Afternoon Duties include tasks such as:
(begins at 2:30pm)Ttransportation from school and extracurricular activities
Homework assistance
One on one quality time with children to work with them on items such as reading, cooking, clipping coupons for weekly groceries, playing games, etc as you would your own child's enrichment
Cook and prepare dinner for yourself and the children
Prepare children for bedtime including showers and PJs by 7pm. (to allow parents quality time when they arrive home at approx 7:00pm and kids bedtime is 8:00pm)

Household Manager Duties:

Family Laundry (about 2 loads daily)
Pick up house daily
Complete tasks such as dishes, wiping down surfaces, straightening, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping as needed daily (housekeeper comes to do deep cleaning such as cleaning under furniture, wiping walls and baseboards, and bathrooms, ect)
Cooking and allowing children to help with and learning to cook
Either creating a menu for balanced homemade meals or selecting from a premade menu
Creating a grocery list and grocery shopping (This includes your personal items and following a budgeted weekly amount)
Pick up/drop off dry cleaning
Care for dogs as needed (reminding children to care for them or when they are at school getting dogs water, or letting them out as needed)

Basic assumptions:
Your tone and attitude is positive, NEVER condescending or demeaning and be patient (my son needs to sometimes be taught things we would think would be common sense)
You will be calm and consistent with routine and follow the behavior chart, as well as, handing out incentive bucks to the kids when they are caught being good (positive reinforcement approach is a MUST)
You can cook meals from scratch (using a cookbook is not a problem, Betty Crocker is our favorite) Baking is a bonus but cooking is a MUST
You can multitask to manage household duties, quality care for the children and household chores and facilitating their chores with them
You are free to use the assigned suburban when you are not transporting the children. You are welcome to leave town on your time off, but just please inform us so we know what to expect
You will receive paid vacation either 1 week at Christmas or summer, your choice but medical insurance is not provided
Spring Break is spent traveling to Snow Ski
Some travel to San Diego is necessary on occasion to visit family
We will treat you as a member of our family and we just hope you will do the same for our children
Although age is not a specific criteria, "Granny nanny" is just due to past nanny we loved, was great with the kids and still enjoyed to cook

Please put in the response of the subject line "Granny Nanny"
Original URL: http://boise.craigslist.org/kid/1616856555.html
________________________________________________________________

24) need someone to babysit my daughter asap (Norfolk)
I need someone to babysit my 10 month old daughter as soon as Monday. It would be full time. Hours are from 8 30 am til 5pm. It can be done in my house or at yours if not to far. I need someone who is very alert because she gets into everything. The pay will be 200 a month. If interested please call 219487**** my name is Stephanie. Thankyou
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/dmg/1618327745.html
________________________________________________________________

25) Looking for a Trustworthy and Flexible Nanny for Two Year Old (Norfolk)
I'm looking for a nanny that can come to my home to care for my two year old son. Tasks would include but are not limited to: preparing lunch & cleaning up afterwards, putting him down for a nap, minor house chores, helping with pottty-training, coloring, counting, anything fun where he can learn :), etc. Current hours are Tuesday through Friday from 12:30pm to 3:30pm but do vary and could be as much as Monday through Friday 9:30am to 3:30am. Nanny should be CPR/First Aid certified and have their own transportation and cell phone. I am looking to pay, on average, for part-time Monday through Friday from 12:30 to 3:30 $70 & for full-time Monday through Friday from 9:30am to 3:30pm $135. If interested please include as much information as you feel is necessary including other obligations, such as school or work, that you have. Thank you for your time!
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1618213351.html
________________________________________________________________

26) Nanny wanted part-time (Norfolk)
Hello, we are looking for a sweet and loving nanny to care for our 21/2 yr. old son. Must also be very reliable, energetic, and practices positive discipline. Also must have a valid drivers license, good driving record and be willing to take CPR class if not yet certified. We would also need at least 3 work references. The hours would be as follows:
Mon - 8-6pm
Tue - 12 - 6
Wednesday - 8-6
Thurs - 12-6
Fridays OFF
Often, we will let you off early but we still pay you for a full day. We pay $8.50/hr. and give paid holidays when we take paid holidays. Thanks for your interest!
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1617449264.html
________________________________________________________________

27) SITTER NEEDED 3 days a week for infant daughter - Zoo Area (Ohio)
I am looking for someone to care for my 6 month old daughter in my home 3 days a week. I also have a 5 year old son who gets home from school around 2:45. The hours would be from 7:30am-5pm. sometimes we may need you to stay later but you would be compenstated for your extra hours. You must be a non-smoker, love dogs as we have 2 VERY lovable ones, and love my children as if they were your own. We are willing to pay a weekly set amount and would pay you extra $$ if you stay over. please email me asap with your qualifications and what you would be willing to be paid. We are not looking to pay more than $125 a week. Clean background is a MUST!!!
Original URL: http://cleveland.craigslist.org/kid/1618945922.html

* Response from angry CL readers:

28) RE: family needing care near Zoo (Ohio)
3 full days of childcare for 125 a week what the so you work 3 full days at your job and make 125.00 and see if you can pay your car, rent , food ect.. ha ha good luck
Original URL: http://cleveland.craigslist.org/kid/1619252573.html

29) RE: regarding family needing care near Zoo (Ohio)
what is up with your response? it makes no sense at all!

BTW, i have a 1 year old and his babysitter charges me $25/day which is $125/week for monday thru friday care. this poster is offering $125 for 3 days! that's actually not bad at all.

you're a fucking idiot!
Original URL: http://cleveland.craigslist.org/kid/1619369942.html
________________________________________________________________
Special thanks to the following Contributors: Suedoenim90, MissMannah, Krupitzerb, JLow2474, sarahhhamilton523, UtahNanny, NannyBee, MissDee, cheesenipsaregood, JerkFaceJade and NervousNanny... all of you did a fantastic job! Remember, CL-WTF will be Posted every Saturday. Please send next weeks Ads HERE or use MEEBO. And please don't forget to include the Links!

----> TO LEAVE A COMMENT: PLEASE CLICK RIGHT HERE!! <----












PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW... THEY WILL BE DELETED! USE THE LINK ABOVE TO LEAVE A COMMENT! THANK YOU!

No comments: